partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

On 1/10/2023 at 6:18 AM, imapartygirl said:

Not sure if this is the best thread to ask this in but how do you guys organize your unreleased? Do you do it by year, as a “b-side” of a certain album, or make your own “albums”?I’m having a hard time figuring out how to order mine.

get ready for a nice wall of text eheh

during the quarantine I had enjoyed rearranging my offline collection of downloaded music, released and not, of some of my favorite artists. the peculiarity was to put individual covers to each song (singles and not), since the metadata allow it, while keeping them in a single album. for example:

xE9KE6v.png

in lana's case, I had also created three big "albums" to catalog the unreleased, demo, and "dreamy" versions from youtube since I was obsessed at the time

eBG34j7.png

oNwCAUL.png

h5DAMJu.png

however, as you may have noticed, there was a bit of discontinuity from some points of view: to certain songs I had put horrendous covers taken from the internet because there wasn't so much choice (or I didn't commit myself to looking for or create other ones), some files are in mp3 and others in m4a, so some in better quality and some worse, but above all I haven't updated it for a while with new unreleased for example. and that's why a few weeks ago I started again, and tried to "update" everything, organizing it in a better way.

unfortunately, however, I have many exams in university in the next weeks, I have to study a lot, and I get distracted easily with many things... like the 100+ pages of threads these days with all these interesting news. and for this reason some ideas that I had in mind for this updated collection have also been "changed", given the new vision that we have of the albums following what we have learned. so I'll be very slow, in updating them, and at the moment I've only started with (some) BTD unreleased, and its demos... in the future if you want I'll update you on how I'll organize the rest, it would be interesting to create a thread with all our collections! probably for albums in which there are few unreleased + demo leaked I'll make a single album (as for lfl sadly at the moment), or we'll see! below I show you what I did in the mentioned and updated versions of BTD... sorry for writing so much, but I'm very proud of this work, and I hope you can appreciate it :heart:

WKx6vor.png

CoHSp64.png

@111 i beg can u spill one more time if you know anything about 7/11, like is it real song that was recorded before 2012 or is it fake? the title came from the list of titles that was shared in 2012 on ldr fm i believe where almost everything turned out to be true

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

9 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

@111 i beg can u spill one more time if you know anything about 7/11, like is it real song that was recorded before 2012 or is it fake? the title came from the list of titles that was shared in 2012 on ldr fm i believe where almost everything turned out to be true

girl it was probably motel 6 or something 

Would you consider "Elvis" as more of a Tropico/UV outtake, or as a track from the 2007-2009 Lizzy/Lana transition period?

I know it was recorded in the latter, but the fact it was on that tracklist note for her 2nd album (at the time titled Tropico), and was eventually used in that Elvis documentary, unchanged, I can't decide where to place it in my Outtakes album collection

6 minutes ago, Steeqhen said:

Would you consider "Elvis" as more of a Tropico/UV outtake, or as a track from the 2007-2009 Lizzy/Lana transition period?

I know it was recorded in the latter, but the fact it was on that tracklist note for her 2nd album (at the time titled Tropico), and was eventually used in that Elvis documentary, unchanged, I can't decide where to place it in my Outtakes album collection

just keep it in your lizzy grant albums, i don't think we ever got a clear answer as to whether or not the "elvis" on the tracklist was the same elvis, if so, it's very likely that they re-recorded it and probably changed it up, maybe one day we'll get a 2012 version of elvis, lol

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

just keep it in your lizzy grant albums lol, i don't think we ever got a clear answer as to whether or not the "elvis" on the tracklist was the same elvis, if so, it's very likely that they re-recorded it and probably changed it up, maybe one day we'll get a 2012 version of elvis, lol

Hopefully :( I think I always associate "Elvis" and Lana with Paradise / late 2012-2013 Lana so I feel this need to want to slot it in there haha.

2 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

So what was the deal with Something Real again? Is the snippet we have just 13 Beaches stems? I am confusion

Yes according to boz

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

wait so is that brooklyn baby demo leaked snippet from rick nowels? or another Demo? and is there version of brooklyn baby produced by rick nowels at all?

i know she supposed to have a feat on october with Lou Reed so theres definitely early version, but i never thought it could be produced by rick nowels

Wasn't sure where to post this but if anyone is interested then here's an old draft tracklist for Born to Die deluxe version from 2011

1. Born to die

2. Blue Jeans

3. Off To The Races

4. Video Games

5. Radio

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. National Anthem

8. Dark Paradise

9. Carmen

10. This Is What Makes Us Girls

11. Million Dollar Man

12. Without You

13. Lolita

14. Summertime Sadness

15. Lucky Ones

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

On 1/7/2023 at 2:22 AM, ruined said:

Yeah this is really confusing :bebe:

I guess what @Unknown meant by UFB being from tropico was just the fact that it was recorded during those times

Not that it was actually meant to be on tropico

Cuz boz said lana and barrie made that song just for fun and it didn't belong on any record

Yeah exactly I just meant that UFB, nectar, cb were around the same time period and have Tropico vibes (acoustic rough demos from late 2012/early 2013)

11 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Wasn't sure where to post this but if anyone is interested then here's an old draft tracklist for Born to Die deluxe version from 2011

1. Born to die

2. Blue Jeans

3. Off To The Races

4. Video Games

5. Radio

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. National Anthem

8. Dark Paradise

9. Carmen

11. Million Dollar Man

12. Without You

13. Lolita

14. Summertime Sadness

15. Lucky Ones

I actually would've loved blue jeans as track 2

6 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Yeah exactly I just meant that UFB, nectar, cb were around the same time period and have Tropico vibes (acoustic rough demos from late 2012/early 2013)

Thanks babe

Do you know if I talk to jesus (2012 version) was meant for Paradise or Tropico album or both?

@Unknown

Leak How to disappear (Piano Version)

2 minutes ago, ruined said:

I actually would've loved blue jeans as track 2

Thanks babe

Do you know if I talk to jesus (2012 version) was meant for Paradise or Tropico album or both?

@Unknown

I think it was considered for Tropico

23 minutes ago, Unknown said:

1. Born to die

2. Blue Jeans

3. Off To The Races

4. Video Games

5. Radio

6. Diet Mountain Dew

7. National Anthem

8. Dark Paradise

9. Carmen

11. Million Dollar Man

12. Without You

13. Lolita

14. Summertime Sadness

15. Lucky Ones

:oprah4: omfg i needed this draft of btd with without you being on standart edition thank you for these interesting facts:excited::kiss3:

On 1/4/2023 at 5:17 PM, Say Yes to Heaven said:

132 guuuurl we are not thanksgiving turkeys and thats on fahrenheit period 🤣🤣

i was lurking here but this killed me so i literally made an account for this reason, just to say i was cracking up

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?