partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

6 hours ago, The Siren said:

dont forget Starry Eyed 2012 and 2018! :oop:

Oh she got many songs like that, we also have Cherry from Lizzy era and LFL era, then different Summertime covers...there's a lot and I'm pretty sure that there are more songs like that we don't even know

url%5D

Yesterday, I made a little "discovery", while reading some of her old interviews from magazines. I wanted to post and ask about that yesterday but LanaBoards was unfortunately down.

Anyway, this is from Nylon Magazine's November 2013 issue, where there was an interview about Lana where she was talking about her Born To Die/Paradise eras, tour experiences, Tropico movie, recording her next album (what today we know as Ultraviolence), friend Jamie King and also her relationship with Barrie. In that Barrie part, there was also this description:

"The couple have been recording some '70s-style rock with producer Jonathan Wilson in Silver Lake for fun, but Del Rey characterizes her next release as a work-in-progress, done on her own terms and timetable." 

The "next release as a work-in-progress..." part is obviously about Ultraviolence, but how did people not notice that information about that Barrie "70s-style rock" thing! As we can remember, in December 2023, Barrie said in a livestream that he had recorded a whole album with Lana but I didn't know that they were working with Jonathan Wilson then. Lana later linked up with Jonathan in 2016 and what's more interesting, is that Lana-Barrie-Jonathan were recording that album (presumably - album) in Silver Lake! In know that's a place in California but as we all know, Lana has an unreleased song from Lust For Life era called "Silverlake". I wonder what songs Jonathan Wilson did produce for them, the only song he has with Lana is "Living With Myself" but she's only singing background vocals there. I don't think he produced Unidentified Flying Bill because it was recorded in a different studio - NightBird Studios - which does not locate in Silver Lake. I need to know people's thoughts. @lanaismamom Did you know about this earlier or did everybody know this and I am just late to the club :bebe:? Anyway, I'm still very intrigued about this album...:blush3:

url%5D

url%5D

24 minutes ago, Embach said:

Yesterday, I made a little "discovery", while reading some of her old interviews from magazines. I wanted to post and ask about that yesterday but LanaBoards was unfortunately down.

Anyway, this is from Nylon Magazine's November 2013 issue, where there was an interview about Lana where she was talking about her Born To Die/Paradise eras, tour experiences, Tropico movie, recording her next album (what today we know as Ultraviolence), friend Jamie King and also her relationship with Barrie. In that Barrie part, there was also this description:

"The couple have been recording some '70s-style rock with producer Jonathan Wilson in Silver Lake for fun, but Del Rey characterizes her next release as a work-in-progress, done on her own terms and timetable." 

The "next release as a work-in-progress..." part is obviously about Ultraviolence, but how did people not notice that information about that Barrie "70s-style rock" thing! As we can remember, in December 2023, Barrie said in a livestream that he had recorded a whole album with Lana but I didn't know that they were working with Jonathan Wilson then. Lana later linked up with Jonathan in 2016 and what's more interesting, is that Lana-Barrie-Jonathan were recording that album (presumably - album) in Silver Lake! In know that's a place in California but as we all know, Lana has an unreleased song from Lust For Life era called "Silverlake". I wonder what songs Jonathan Wilson did produce for them, the only song he has with Lana is "Living With Myself" but she's only singing background vocals there. I don't think he produced Unidentified Flying Bill because it was recorded in a different studio - NightBird Studios - which does not locate in Silver Lake. I need to know people's thoughts. @lanaismamom Did you know about this earlier or did everybody know this and I am just late to the club :bebe:? Anyway, I'm still very intrigued about this album...:blush3:

url%5D

OMG, this is so interesting…

i want to know more :teehee:

Afternoon and you’re out for a break

by the shoreby the blue wall

Roller coasters and a Coca-Cola

Honey, I would hate to see you go…

:pray2:

23 minutes ago, Embach said:

url%5D

oh i can der remember finding some photos with jonathan wilson during 2013, i think u can even find them too if u type jonathan wilson in a search, but people there were unsure as far as i remember either way it’s an interesting piece and more likely she was referring not to uv! thanks can’t wait to read more of what u found!

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Also yesterday, I was digging in ASCAP APRA AMCOS lists (it's basically list where American songwriters' songs are registered) where they had registered every single released Lana song (including covers, collabs, soundtrack songs, stand-alone songs and even Violet audio poems), also some of her unreleased songs (includimg the notorious Wild One, Morricone and Piano Theme we found out from that website years ago).

I knew every songs on the list registered, some of the songs appeared there twice or thrice with their alternative titles, but there was this "Lana Film" registered where Lana and Jack Antonoff are also registered as composers. What does that suppose to mean? What is it? What have we missed?

url%5D

The list: https://www.apraamcos.com.au/works-search?works=true&title=&writer=Grant&performer=Lana

url%5D

11 minutes ago, Embach said:

but there was this "Lana Film" registered where Lana and Jack Antonoff are also registered as composers. What does that suppose to mean? What is it? What have we missed?

url%5D

Lana Film is the NFR triple music video

5 minutes ago, Rust Dress said:

Lana Film is the NFR triple music video

Oh of course, help why was I hoping for something else 😭

url%5D

19 minutes ago, Embach said:

Also yesterday, I was digging in ASCAP APRA AMCOS lists (it's basically list where American songwriters' songs are registered) where they had registered every single released Lana song (including covers, collabs, soundtrack songs, stand-alone songs and even Violet audio poems), also some of her unreleased songs (includimg the notorious Wild One, Morricone and Piano Theme we found out from that website years ago).

I knew every songs on the list registered, some of the songs appeared there twice or thrice with their alternative titles, but there was this "Lana Film" registered where Lana and Jack Antonoff are also registered as composers. What does that suppose to mean? What is it? What have we missed?

url%5D

The list: https://www.apraamcos.com.au/works-search?works=true&title=&writer=Grant&performer=Lana

oh...a lot of unreleased songs are registered there..:keyboard: it's sad that it is not possible to find out the date of their registration...or it is?? 

Can we do something with work ID and ISWC? I mean there is a reason why each one is a unique one with different numbers. We can definitely find out the date of registration but do numbers like these reveal the details behind the recording process?

url%5D

7 minutes ago, Embach said:

Can we do something with work ID and ISWC? I mean there is a reason why each one is a unique one with different numbers. We can definitely find out the date of registration but do numbers like these reveal the details behind the recording process?

The higher the number, the more recent it was registered. I’m not sure if you can get an exact date from any registration number but comparing registers to known released stuff can give you a general idea of when something was registered

ezgif-2-61df3cf70b84.gif

Peace by vengeance brings the end.

10 minutes ago, Embach said:

it would definitely be hard to get much out of that, they're just identifiers for their own database purposes and stuff probably. I think it would be pretty unlikely to access any telling information on this stuff since this system also deals with royalties etc so it would be protected and probably illegal to snoop in!

as @That Venice Bitch said, the numbers are probably our best identifier 

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, Embach said:

so far only ppl repertoire allows u to see the year of registration which was extremely helpful to find out what unreleased were registered, when and in what order if u need a link i did a very extensive research about ppl database 

9 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

The higher the number, the more recent it was registered. I’m not sure if you can get an exact date from any registration number but comparing registers to known released stuff can give you a general idea of when something was registered

1 minute ago, twinkletoes7 said:

it would definitely be hard to get much out of that, they're just identifiers for their own database purposes and stuff probably. I think it would be pretty unlikely to access any telling information on this stuff since this system also deals with royalties etc so it would be protected and probably illegal to snoop in!

Good to know!

url%5D

11 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

the best way to actually know that is ppl repertoire that allows u too see the year of when the song was registered, and u can also figure out the order of registration (thanks to that database we actually found out california og version was registered alongside other lfl tracks that makes it an actual outtake from lfl but or that amount of uv unreleased tracks being registered alongside other released tracks) i did great research of it finding a lot of interesting info it’s here 

2 hours ago, Embach said:

url%5D

also here is that thread