partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, taco truck said:

what songs do you think were originally going to be in the film? 

The songs she wrote on that notebook were obvious contenders

if we're limited to just 3 songs then definitely Axl Rose/Elvis, Pink Champagne and Preacher. even if we haven't heard preacher i think it'd make a lot of sense for it to be part of the film considering it's obvious spiritual implications with its title

Just now, Manson said:

So the movie concept was standing, she wanted to lipsync to upcoming songs of "Tropico" but because they weren't done she chose the 3 tracks from Paradise?

basically yes! she wanted to do the film for new music but couldnt due to the music not being done

this gave her more time to work on said music and it all became uv over the course of 2013 and 2014

1 minute ago, keps2013 said:

yes LMAO

which ones? i got lmlylaw demo, melancholia, lake placid and earthquakes but thats it :oprah2:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

also considering she made this decision to use Paradise songs instead of new ones for Tropico, the ideas of the film might have changed drastically either during the filming/conceptualization but also a lot could have been edited out during post-production to fit the Paradise songs more

Wy8jf2U.jpg

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

which ones? i got lmlylaw demo, melancholia, lake placid and earthquakes but thats it :oprah2:

Here's everything that leaked this past week, enjoy

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a7b4c70096c1ef1c6b7b0c4f97dcc4ba20230330132630/874a2c/

INFO:

01 Earthquakes.mp3 - 2012 song intended for Tropico / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
01 Lake Placid.mp3 - 2012 song intended for Tropico / Rework of "I Don't Wanna Go" / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
Ave_Maria_BUD.mp3 - Ultraviolence outtake, uses the instrumental of "Ave Maria" by Dan Heath. Apparently was considered for Tropico as well according to BZ.
Driving In CHURCHapi 21Feb14 Lim.mp3 - Ultraviolence rework of "Driving in Cars with Boys" / Produced by Paul Epworth
FINE CHINA JF version 1.mp3 - The real version of Fine China; produced by James Ford
he hits me because he loves me.m4a - Rough laptop demo from 2012 / Tropico/Ultraviolence outtake
Let me love you like a woman.mp3 - Actual title is Pink Champagne / 2012 song intended for Tropico / Demo of "Let Me Love You Like a Woman", produced by Paul Epworth / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
Madly Day 2 Ruff.mp3 - Ultraviolence outtake / Recorded on October 1st, 2013
MELANCHOLIA.m4a - 2012 concept demo of "Ultraviolence" / Intended for Tropico
OLD MONEY.mp3 - 2012 demo of "Old Money" / Intended for Tropico
Summertime gpa010_08.mp3 - Cover of "Summertime" in the style of Janis Joplin / Intended for Tropico
What's a Girl to Do (JeffBhasker) - 2011 outtake for Born to Die / Produced by Jeff Bhasker
YES TO HEAVEN JF version 1 - Untagged James Ford version of Say Yes to Heaven

2 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

ave maria, madly, driving in cars w/ boys 2014, old money demo, what’s a girl to do, dark city snippet, fine china real version, & more idk

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

also leaked

Ave Maria (with vocals)

Driving In Cars With Boys (2014 version)

Summertime (Janis Joplin Cover)

Old Money (Demo)

Fine China (one of the real versions)

Madly

Yes To Heaven (Untagged)

He Hits Me Because He Loves Me

What's A Girl To Do

Wy8jf2U.jpg

1 minute ago, luminom said:

also considering she made this decision to use Paradise songs instead of new ones for Tropico, the ideas of the film might have changed drastically either during the filming/conceptualization but also a lot could have been edited out during post-production to fit the Paradise songs more

She lipsynced a lot so it's unlikely her mind wasn't made up before shooting it.  Unless there is actual scrapped footage with different songs, but I highly doubt that.

okay but can we talk about preacher for a second? it definitely fits in with the "cult leader" vibes of cult leader and ultraviolence, i wonder if it's going to be more dark/calm since it was placed as the closing track, i hope we get to hear that one soon since it seems pretty obvious people have/had stuff from the tropico sessions

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

4 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

Here's everything that leaked this past week, enjoy

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a7b4c70096c1ef1c6b7b0c4f97dcc4ba20230330132630/874a2c/

INFO:

01 Earthquakes.mp3 - 2012 song intended for Tropico / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
01 Lake Placid.mp3 - 2012 song intended for Tropico / Rework of "I Don't Wanna Go" / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
Ave_Maria_BUD.mp3 - Ultraviolence outtake, uses the instrumental of "Ave Maria" by Dan Heath. Apparently was considered for Tropico as well according to BZ.
Driving In CHURCHapi 21Feb14 Lim.mp3 - Ultraviolence rework of "Driving in Cars with Boys" / Produced by Paul Epworth
FINE CHINA JF version 1.mp3 - The real version of Fine China; produced by James Ford
he hits me because he loves me.m4a - Rough laptop demo from 2012 / Tropico/Ultraviolence outtake
Let me love you like a woman.mp3 - Actual title is Pink Champagne / 2012 song intended for Tropico / Demo of "Let Me Love You Like a Woman", produced by Paul Epworth / Also an outtake for Ultraviolence
Madly Day 2 Ruff.mp3 - Ultraviolence outtake / Recorded on October 1st, 2013
MELANCHOLIA.m4a - 2012 concept demo of "Ultraviolence" / Intended for Tropico
OLD MONEY.mp3 - 2012 demo of "Old Money" / Intended for Tropico
Summertime gpa010_08.mp3 - Cover of "Summertime" in the style of Janis Joplin / Intended for Tropico
What's a Girl to Do (JeffBhasker) - 2011 outtake for Born to Die / Produced by Jeff Bhasker
YES TO HEAVEN JF version 1 - Untagged James Ford version of Say Yes to Heaven

thank you so much <3

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

I thought preacher was just an alternative name of cult leader?

You might be on to something but i dont think this is the case as cult leader is more than likely from 2013 after tropico was scrapped

but we truly have no idea

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

epworth?

lmao never mind it said "produced by paul epworth" but the line epworth came under a second paragraph and next to it said "ultraviolence outtake" so i thought it was a song ngndndn:toofunny:

Just now, Terrence Loves Me said:

lmao never mind it said "produced by paul epworth" but the line epworth came under a second paragraph and next to it said "ultraviolence outtake" so i thought it was a song ngndndn:toofunny:

OH  DFJHSB FUGHDJS sorry for my messy formatting with the info :rip: