partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I’m still kind of stunned that insiders were able to work out tropico tbh- I mean was the concept scrapped during the storyboarding process for the film or was it after filming completely?

it was something she was working towards from mid 2012 to early 2013, I would definitely consider it a very early variation of the *idea* of Ultraviolence. Still fresh in that Paradise mindset.

There’s a lot of overlap in what she was working on at the time too so its a bit hard to determine. The most definitive thing we have is of the that TROPICO tracklist we see pictured there, of which we’ve been able to finally figure out mostly!

Even then, that was just her own initial idea and drafting of the tracklist and not representative of what a final, released version may have been… Eventually it became reduced to a film using the same name yet featuring only Paradise songs.

None of which were ever intended for the music project, so I’d say the TROPICO film and TROPICO album/ep are two very different things.. the film really only taking some slight inspo..

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

@Crazy Husband Stealer did have a very interesting idea in the other thread concerning this "tracklist" though...

Another theory: She listed songs for possible inclusion in the film and the EP that she thought would fit with Bel Air and Gods & Monsters before settling with I Talk to Jesus before scrapping it from the tracklist.

I don’t think we’ll ever get confirmation that the tracklist actually was for an album shortlisting tbh- I know insiders have backed this up but I need sources-

it does just seem more likely to me that she was shortlisting songs for the film- decided on I talk to Jesus and then scrapped it for UV instead. 

1 minute ago, HEARTCORE said:

yeah i don't think it's a legit tracklist, probably just a bunch of songs she was working on at the time. im interested to know what she's written next to the tracks, on the right

i don't know where the full picture is, but i remember some of them were clearly guns and roses lyrics?

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

2 minutes ago, HEARTCORE said:

yeah i don't think it's a legit tracklist, probably just a bunch of songs she was working on at the time. im interested to know what she's written next to the tracks, on the right

shes drafting lyrics and stuff in this page, the stuff on the bottom is from Guns and Roses

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

okay this is my understanding

she was working on tropico (album)

decided to take some songs from that + some old btd or pre btd song and make an ep (paradise)

took the rest of the songs and planned on putting them on Melancholia, she kept working on it and it became UV, some of the tracks from tropico made it into uv and some didn't and remained unreleases since she now had new material for uv too

is that correct?

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

decided to take some songs from that + some old btd or pre btd song and make an ep (paradise)

took the rest of the songs and planned on putting them on Melancholia, she kept working on it and it became UV, some of the tracks from tropico made it into uv and some didn't and remained unreleases since she now had new material for uv too

is that correct?

People have stated that tropico was being worked on/conceptualised on after Paradises release so if you believe that info no

21 minutes ago, Say Yes to Heaven said:

it was something she was working towards from mid 2012 to early 2013, I would definitely consider it a very early variation of the *idea* of Ultraviolence. Still fresh in that Paradise mindset.

There’s a lot of overlap in what she was working on at the time too so its a bit hard to determine. The most definitive thing we have is of the that TROPICO tracklist we see pictured there, of which we’ve been able to finally figure out mostly!

Even then, that was just her own initial idea and drafting of the tracklist and not representative of what a final, released version may have been… Eventually it became reduced to a film using the same name yet featuring only Paradise songs.

None of which were ever intended for the music project, so I’d say the TROPICO film and TROPICO album/ep are two very different things.. the film really only taking some slight inspo..

Wait why did I always think Tropico was an early version of paradise not uv:deadbanana:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

is that correct?

i dont think Paradise had any pre-BTD release songs on it. i think they just took whatever songs they were finishing for Tropico and rush released the EP as a companion to BTD instead cos it was too soon for a full album

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Wait why did I always think Tropico was an early version of paradise not uv:deadbanana:

I thought BOZ said at one point that it was basically a mix between paradise and UV and almost all songs that began writing in that sort of era could be claimed for any project nearly- which is why wild one sounds bizarrely out of place. 

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

i dont think Paradise had any pre-BTD release songs on it. i think they just took whatever songs they were finishing for Tropico and rush released the EP as a companion to BTD instead cos it was too soon for a full album

i was thinking of yayo when i said pre btd :ma:

5 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

People have stated that tropico was being worked on/conceptualised on after Paradises release so if you believe that info no

didn't boz say that she scrapped tropico and made it into an ep because of label related reasons and started working on uv (melancholia)

1 minute ago, tulsa jesus freaks said:

i was thinking of yayo when i said pre btd :ma:

tbh, i may have to die alone on this hill, i think she was re-recording AKA around BTD era post-release for an official release but scrapped it for whatever fucking reason and just decided to add yayo at the end before bel air just to fill up space :crossed: