partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, lanaismamom said:

im not sure we 100% sure that that track 12 is actually axl rose

it was confirmed that the Axl Rose rework that a snippet leaked of was for Paradise actually, we do not know that track 12 is axl rose but knowing now that it was reworked for paradise its likely that she held onto it for tropico

2 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

it was confirmed that the Axl Rose rework that a snippet leaked of was for Paradise actually,

i read it was from lfl era:bebe: and it sounds like straight from there tbh vocally and sonically but can u pls show if it was confirmed i really mustve miss it

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Just now, lanaismamom said:

i read it was from lfl era:bebe: and it sounds like straight from there tbh vocally and sonically but can u pls show if it was confirmed i really mustve miss it

Okay so since Born To Die outtakes / unreleaseds are huge loads. I'm thinking of seperate this era of Lana by working titles when Lana was making this album:

- Do U Luv Me Yet?

- The Revenge of LDR

- The Best of Lana Del Rey

- G.B.A. (God Bless America)

- The World Is Ours

So by these titles, how do you guys arrange & group all the pre-BTD era unreleased contents in each? I'm making these as mixtapes in my library rn :hype:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

20 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

I’d be more interested in hearing what UVs tracklist was when it was completely finished(confirmed in interviews) before Dan came aboard tbh

Like that’s v interesting to think about

A full album that was scrapped and repurposed.

I also can’t handle any tropico discussions anymore because it’s too confusing at this point :awkney:

from what Lana and Dan said it doesn't sound like the songs were different, just rerecorded live with Dan's band. Dan's only writing credit is on Florida Kilos.

Dan: “Her demos were so good, her songs were so strong that I wanted to get my musicians in who I love and get my sound that I get here with her songs and that’s it. I didn’t want to mess it up. She sang live with a seven-piece band. That’s the whole record – a seven-piece band with her singing live. It was crazy.”

"After she played him some of the demos she was working on, he became a fan, lobbying to produce her."

And also- same with Paradise - UV phase, there are like 2 album concepts in the middle which are "Tropico" & "Melancholia" how do we group these songs from this era?

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

7 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

And also- same with Paradise - UV phase, there are like 2 album concepts in the middle which are "Tropico" & "Melancholia" how do we group these songs from this era?

melancholia has never been a thing it was only tropico and ultraviolence with rick nowels, i just have 2 playlist for late 2012 - june 2013 stuff and the rest goes to ultraviolence sessions

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

15 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

melancholia has never been a thing it was only tropico and ultraviolence with rick nowels, i just have 2 playlist for late 2012 - june 2013 stuff and the rest goes to ultraviolence sessions

that's easier for me to digest <3

34 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Okay so since Born To Die outtakes / unreleaseds are huge loads. I'm thinking of seperate this era of Lana by working titles when Lana was making this album:

- Do U Luv Me Yet?

- The Revenge of LDR

- The World Is Ours

So by these titles, how do you guys arrange & group all the pre-BTD era unreleased contents in each? I'm making these as mixtapes in my library rn :hype:

Im doing one thats Do U Luv Me Yet? With her pop songs like go go dancer, saint tropez, Live or die, etc 

And then one that is The World is Ours with the more btd-esque songs like Hollywoods dead, kinda outta luck, serial killer, what’s a girl to do etc.

33 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

Again I kind of just do it based on vibe:crying5: tropico has songs that are more paradise sounding (angels forever, i dont wanna go, wild one, etc) and melancholia has songs that are more uv sounding (Cult leader, fine china, I talk to Jesus, ufb, etc)

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

45 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

- Do U Luv Me Yet?

- The Revenge of LDR

- The World Is Ours

I can't do it now but I'd think GBA would be best for the demos of the songs released on the album :true:

5 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

Honestly I’m happy she never released that song, it feels a little controversial to me (and you know how the media treats Lana). Also, I really dislike Axl Rose. Like really. Just her having guns and roses on uv is more than enough for me

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

1 hour ago, glitch diva said:

Not gonna lie, but I envy the capacity to understand what's written in that paper. I can't see anything, except scribbles.

You see, when you have terrible handwriting you can make out chicken scratch better than those with exquisite handwriting 

3 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

I don't even think Tropico as an album was a thing - the timeline and the things she was saying on stage and in interviews doesn't really add up with the idea it was an album itself.

1 hour ago, glitch diva said:

Not gonna lie, but I envy the capacity to understand what's written in that paper. I can't see anything, except scribbles.

yeah every time I look at that it's only scribbles no matter how much I zoom in lmao

11 hours ago, LBcita said:

I don't even think Tropico as an album was a thing - the timeline and the things she was saying on stage and in interviews doesn't really add up with the idea it was an album itself.

yeah every time I look at that it's only scribbles no matter how much I zoom in lmao

I agree.

15 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

- Do U Luv Me Yet?

- The Revenge of LDR

- The World Is Ours

I honestly think these titles were considered at the very same moment (when she send out those track compilations to radio stations and critics) so I don't think each title is a specific "era".... BUT:

This is my Do U Luv Me Yet? tracklist that I think fits the title the best (very tongue in cheek, catchy, Americana, American Sweetheart) and the track flow is magnificent! Plus I did try to include tracks that were defo considered at one point.

1. Roses

2. Meet Me in the Pale Moonlight

3. Children of the Bad Revolution

4. Push Me Down

5. Hey Lolita Hey (demo from the homemade videos)

6. Kinda Outta Luck

7. She's Not Me

8. You Can Be The Boss

9. Serial Killer

10. National Anthem (the demo version from the homemade video)

11. TV in Black & White

12. Prom Song (Gone Wrong)

what else leaked this week so far?

Ave Maria

Earthquakes

Driving In Cars With Boys (2014 rework)

Lake Placid (I Don't Wanna Go rework)

Pink Champagne (LMLYLAW og demo)

Madly

Yes To Heaven (JF version 1 untagged)

Summertime

He Hits Me Because He Loves Me

What's a Girl to Do

Old Money (Demo)

Melancholia

Fine Chine (JF version 1)

Flipside (Studio session snippet)

Axl Rose Husband (Studio version snippet)

Dark City (Snippet 3)

Unknown Song (snippet, between LFL and NFR)

Greenwich Acid (2009 laptop demo)

Your Girl (Real Version 2)

The Last Song (New snippet)

Cry Kill Die (snippet)

Unknown LFL Snippet (I Go Dark)