partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

13 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

"tropico wasnt an album concept" ok but like several og files of songs leaked with TROPICO as the album within its metadata be for real

Literally...

That notebook is also the biggest proof to the existence of Tropico  :toofunny:

In that sense, then the Chemtrails over the Country Club track list and Rock Candy Sweet are also not early concepts because we don't have facts about it 

Spoiler

186838479_535329710966709_5882937851626715781_n.pngLana Del Rey Will Release A Spite Album - Rock NYC

The argument of it being tampered with does not make sense because these are quite literally the original files :toofunny:

Also this interview of Lana talking about her next record being stripped back and having stacked acapella files with west coast influence (from Nov. 2012)... what more proof do you need

EVERYTHING adds up :what:

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

I don’t think I care when songs were recorded, some of you’ll are like..

‘IIT WAS RECORDED ON NOVEMBER 2ND 2013 aT 10:36pm! ThOUSE SAYING IT WAS 11:00pm are Rabid Liars fight me! Bitch!!’

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

7 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Literally...

In that sense, then the Chemtrails over the Country Club track list and Rock Candy Sweet are also not early concepts because we don't have facts about it 

Hide contents

186838479_535329710966709_5882937851626715781_n.pngLana Del Rey Will Release A Spite Album - Rock NYC

The argument of it being tampered with does not make sense because these are quite literally the original files :toofunny:

Also this interview of Lana talking about her next record being stripped back and having stacked acapella files with west coast influence (from 2012)... what more proof do you need

And how do you know they’re the original files? You wouldn’t be able to prove this? We don’t even have the songs in wavs - the tropico tracklist means nothing- those could have easily been songs shortlisted for the film- im not saying  some of the songs couldn’t have been for a hypothetical “ tropico” album- but I highly doubt that was anything other than a tally of songs for early stages in this project and the film.

all in all it wasn’t like tropico was a big expansive era or anything fleshed out that we can prove so they’re all in truth UV scraps.

I kinda love all the mystique around her second/third albums… and each new « fact » seems to be pushing us even further from the truth :thumb3: 

Was Tropico ever really a thing? I don’t know. It’s how I chose to name the « album »/ playlist of unreleased songs I love the most we got over the years. One thing is for sure: between BTD’s release and UV’s, two whole years went by and a lot has happened between the two (pretty much as eventful as LFL’s era). The more time passes between albums, higher the chances are that the concept of the future LP will change direction and name. Plus there were all the old songs / demos she had under her belt that she could choose from. 

anyways, I don’t think we’ll ever know the truth/bottom line of this period. And unless she decides to release the B-sides to UV at some point, or unless they leak, the mystique of this era will go on.. and I guess it’s part of the fun of being a Lana Stan.

2 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

all in all it wasn’t like tropico was a big expansive era or anything fleshed out that we can prove so they’re all in truth UV scraps.

i think... hear me out... i think that's bc.,.. it was ... a concept.... 

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

i think... hear me out... i think that's bc.,.. it was ... a concept.... 

a concept which we’ll never know was an actual thing for a track list to be provided for at this stage….

So again pointless to discuss this further 

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

And how do you know they’re the original files? You wouldn’t be able to prove this? We don’t even have the songs in wavs - the tropico tracklist means nothing- those could have easily been songs shortlisted for the film- im not saying  some of the songs couldn’t have been for a hypothetical “ tropico” album- but I highly doubt that was anything other than a tally of songs for early stages in this project and the film.

all in it wasn’t like tropico was a big expansive era or anything fleshed out that we can prove so they’re all in truth UV scraps.

That's up to you if you choose to believe that or not but i've personally seen source files unaltered with the metadata of "TROPICO" in it... but thats just my word aganist yours

I really don't understand the random hesitation of believing it 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

39 minutes ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

Anyway leak Fine China (Rick’s Version)!

Another version of that song? :usrs:

Unless Rick is the one who usually does the 'rock' version of her songs...

2 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

That's up to you if you choose to believe that or not but i've personally seen source files unaltered with the metadata of "TROPICO" in it... but thats just my word aganist yours

I really don't understand the random hesitation of believing it 

In that case it’s just odd that there wasn’t murmurings of this years ago when her laptop was stolen considering how Lana leakers are 

look, it's a given that everything is conjecture, especially given the fact that lana herself isn't a reliable source of information for these things (as @sparklrtrailrheaven mentioned)

we can have a consensus on what is generally true and what isn't (like the list of prospective btd outtakes), but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter

like, lana put songs from 10 years ago on blue banisters - does that mean she concepted this album way back then? :toofunny:

the point behind having things like "melancholia" or "tropico" to bridge the gap between paradise and uv is mainly to have a way of categorizing the copious amounts of unreleased songs we have

it's also kind of a window into her creative process - but again, we're not literally inside lana's head, so whether we are factually correct or not in our assumptions, is moot

as far as tampering with leaked material is concerned, again, it doesn't rly matter if patrick warren created the stem edits, or if a fan did - in either case they're stem edits made after the fact

if patrick warren created them, then sure, there's more legitimacy there, but typically we aren't clamoring for stem edits to leak anyway, lmao

rihKQ8M.gif

Just now, evalionisameme said:

In that case it’s just odd that there wasn’t murmurings of this years ago when her laptop was stolen causing how Lana leakers are 

nobody had any idea tropico was meant to have more songs until people obtained ittj in like 2019... do not assume ever

18 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Literally...

Reveal hidden contents

Also this interview of Lana talking about her next record being stripped back and having stacked acapella files with west coast influence (from Nov. 2012)... what more proof do you need

what part of this .. interview from after Tropico was announced to be a film...proves it was an album?

3 hours ago, nikkilane77 said:

I think, as Lana fans, we should've known by now that everything is subjective when it comes to her projects/unreleased... she changes her mind every 2 minutes so...

Who knows? Maybe Tropico really was an album and then one day she woke up and said no ma'am let's change it up... that's a really Her thing to do

Right. It's not as if she says, states, or speaks out loud for anyone to hear every decision she makes. We know she changes her mind all the time. Any creative person knows--especially writers of any kind--that it's a fluid process, and there are all kinds of sudden new ideas, inspiration, or whims, alterations, and reversals.

I'll say it again: if they had 'Madonna Studies' in some colleges and universities in the 80s, there should be 'LDR Studies' now, because an entire lengthy book could be written about what is known factually about her, what is speculation, and what is completely unknown about her and her recordings--the unknown has to be acknowledged as such, especially when, now, we're suddenly finding out information and getting complete files of songs about which we formerly knew nothing.