partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

so with all these leaks in the past few days, how will we sort them?

Many songs having tropico in the metadata makes me feel that at this rate we have outtakes to an outtake album lmao.

My own plan is to sort most songs recorded between 2012-early 2013 as tropico, and 2013-2014 as UV (and yes i know it's a lot more complex than that, but we're talking about over 30 songs that can be basically split into two (slightly different) aesthetics. We have that note of what we have presumed to be a tropico setlist, but could some other tracks like Ave Maria be slotted in?

TLDR i dont wanna have a messy 30+ tracklist on my UV outtakes album, and i like the idea of having a Tropico album; any suggestions for the tracklists between Tropico and UV Outtakes

On 3/31/2023 at 8:42 PM, SalvaWHORE said:

Okay so since Born To Die outtakes / unreleaseds are huge loads. I'm thinking of seperate this era of Lana by working titles when Lana was making this album:

- Do U Luv Me Yet?

- The Revenge of LDR

- The Best of Lana Del Rey

- G.B.A. (God Bless America)

- The World Is Ours

So by these titles, how do you guys arrange & group all the pre-BTD era unreleased contents in each? I'm making these as mixtapes in my library rn :hype:

Ive been doing a project of this for a while,

I have about 25-30 tracks that can basically be confirmed to be BTD outtakes, which is one album.

The World Is Ours is about 17 tracks; Afraid, Breaking My Heart, Queen of Disaster, Caught You Boy, Never Let Me Go, Television Heaven (Coca Colla as an interlude), BBM Baby, My Best Days, Resistance, Every Man Gets Hish Wish, I Want it All (og National Anthem demo), Dreamgirl, Fake Diamond, Back To The Basics, Hangin Around, and her cover of Cry Me A River. I also included the demos of Afraid, BBM, Fake Diamond, and EMGHW as bonus tracks. I'm gonna make about 2 more, and im gonna make them into cds

12 minutes ago, Steeqhen said:

Ive been doing a project of this for a while,

I have about 25-30 tracks that can basically be confirmed to be BTD outtakes, which is one album.

The World Is Ours is about 17 tracks; Afraid, Breaking My Heart, Queen of Disaster, Caught You Boy, Never Let Me Go, Television Heaven (Coca Colla as an interlude), BBM Baby, My Best Days, Resistance, Every Man Gets Hish Wish, I Want it All (og National Anthem demo), Dreamgirl, Fake Diamond, Back To The Basics, Hangin Around, and her cover of Cry Me A River. I also included the demos of Afraid, BBM, Fake Diamond, and EMGHW as bonus tracks. I'm gonna make about 2 more, and im gonna make them into cds

Yes please

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I get disagreeing with this person’s post regarding BOZ and the info he shared, but can we not do it in a rude way? I wouldn’t want them leaving over something that was blown out of proportion :oprah2:

I merged a certain new thread into this one.

Having a whole thread dedicated to some sort of “exposé” of other member/person doesn’t sit well with me and just seems like a brewing place for drama. Though, it seems like most thoughts from that can be discussed here x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

In regards to the ‘Tropico tracklist’ - what makes people think that that’s not some sort of tracklist? What is it then? I really don’t understand the reasoning that it’s just “a list of songs that happened to be underneath an underlined, bolded Tropico

Genuinely curious cause I can’t see anything other than that being some sort of a concept for an album - or at the very least a project

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

10 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

In regards to the ‘Tropico tracklist’ - what makes people think that that’s not some sort of tracklist? What is it then? I really don’t understand the reasoning that it’s just “a list of songs that happened to be underneath an underlined, bolded Tropico

Genuinely curious cause I can’t see anything other than that being some sort of a concept for an album - or at the very least a project

i think that they were saying that it was just a brainstormed list of songs they completed (or planned to complete) around that time for inclusion for the album

12 minutes ago, The Siren said:

i think that they were saying that it was just a brainstormed list of songs they completed (or planned to complete) around that time for inclusion for the album

This, along with the confusing timeline of Paradise's release, TROPICO film announcement, etc. It all doesn’t quite add up. Why would she announce a film (clearly meant for Paradise songs) before working on a seemingly unrelated album with the same title with a tracklist composed of unfinished leftovers, and what else…

I know Lana has a weird way of thinking but that doesn’t even make sense for someone like her.

I have made myself a little Tropico playlist that I enjoy and does work well as a body of work between Paradise and Ultraviolence.

Tropico:

Spoiler

01. Earthquakes

02. Unidentified Flying Bill (ft. Barrie James O'Neill)

03. Pink Champagne

04. I Talk To Jesus

05. Wild One 

06. Black Beauty

07. Dragonslayer

08. Fine China

09. Yes To Heaven

10. Old Money

11. Lake Placid

12. Summer Wine (ft. Barrie James O'Neill)

Deluxe:

13. Nectar Of The Gods

14. Living Legend

15. Cherry Blossom

Otherwise I just have it all categorised as a b-sides album.

Ultraviolence - Side B:

Spoiler

01. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

02. Ave Maria

03. Cherry Blossom

04. Cult Leader

05. Dragonslayer

06. Earthquakes

07. Fine China

08. Hollywood

09. I Can Fly

10. I Talk To Jesus

11. Lake Placid

12. Living Legend

13. Melancholia

14. Nectar Of The Gods

15. Pink Champagne

16. Summer Wine (ft. Barrie James O'Neill)

17. Summertime

18. Unidentified Flying Bill (ft. Barrie James O'Neill)

19. Yes To Heaven

20. Your Girl

So, i decided to divide all the songs post BTD  - pre UV (2012 - June 2014, since Paradise once a concept for her sophomore project instead of being cut down to an EP expanding BTD era) into 3 groups of songs / bootleg collection:

- Before The Paradise 

- Tropico 

- Melancholia

Each of the songs will be put into either of these 3 based on how their aesthetic & sounds fit into which period of time: 

i.e: For "Before The Paradise" as a mixtape: 

Spoiler

I Talk To Jesus (2012 Version)

Young And Beautiful (ParadiseVersion)

Starry Eyed

Angels Forever (Strings Only Version)

JFK

Life Is Still Beautiful (2012 Mix)

Hollywood

I Dont Wanna Go

Ave Maria 

I Just Drive (Ride Demo)

basically songs which still have the "BTD"-esque to how they sound

How do you guys grouping others? I personally feel Tropico is more acoustic, soft piano ballad-driven & Melancholia is more melancholic and has a bit rock element to it, but i really dont know since we have no idea about the exact time period when she made her songs :oprah2:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

10 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

Making trans am & Tropico sister albums for the early UV stuff / Paradisey/Tropico stuff will save you all. Inshallah

That’s what I use the playlist option for. In fact, I have been compiling all the post Paradise/pre UV stuff into a Paradise sister album since 2013 but at some point it didn’t sound quite right anymore.

26 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

This, along with the confusing timeline of Paradise's release, TROPICO film announcement, etc. It all doesn’t quite add up. Why would she announce a film (clearly meant for Paradise songs) before working on a seemingly unrelated album with the same title with a tracklist composed of unfinished leftovers, and what else…

I know Lana has a weird way of thinking but that doesn’t even make sense for someone like her.

well, tropico film was released in december 2013 so i think its safe to assume (i believe this was mentioned before in a much earlier page) that the album Tropico was scrapped early in 2013 and was reused for the film simply cos lana or someone really liked it as a title

Just now, The Siren said:

well, tropico film was released in december 2013 so i think its safe to assume (i believe this was mentioned before in a much earlier page) that the album Tropico was scrapped early in 2013 and was reused for the film simply cos lana or someone really liked it as a title

It must have been scrapped in November 2012 already. She literally had THIS as the description of the now archived/deleted Bel Air visualizer uploaded on November 8, 2012 (shortly before she talked about her plans to male a short film for G&M and Bel Air):

"i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth. But i have my beauty and i have my youth. Tropico the film, coming next year".

1 hour ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

It must have been scrapped in November 2012 already. She literally had THIS as the description of the now archived/deleted Bel Air visualizer uploaded on November 8, 2012 (shortly before she talked about her plans to male a short film for G&M and Bel Air):

"i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth. But i have my beauty and i have my youth. Tropico the film, coming next year".

oh right, in that case id think that the tracks on Paradise were at one point considered for Tropico the album but since it was too soon for an album, they released the Paradise ep and later recycled the title Tropico for the film