partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

can we talk about how lolita (demo 4 - dan grech mix) is kinda an interesting mix 

so dan grech worked as a mixer for born to die and this mix is basically liam howe's first demo 'hey lolita hey' but finalized and mixed which could mean it was a potential release-candidate for the album + it's clear that lana liked this version since in the live performances it's used mixed with the final version's production

1 minute ago, nikkilane77 said:

can we talk about how lolita (demo 4 - dan grech mix) is kinda an interesting mix 

so dan grech worked as a mixer for born to die and this mix is basically liam howe's first demo 'hey lolita hey' but finalized and mixed which could mean it was a potential release-candidate for the album + it's clear that lana liked this version since in the live performances it's used mixed with the final version's production

do we have this in hq? i cant find anything above 128kbps anywhere fhubd sfs

2 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

do we have this in hq? i cant find anything above 128kbps anywhere fhubd sfs

mine says 320 although im not sure if it really is but it does sound hq 

hey lolita hey is super lq tho

13 hours ago, Ultraviolencez said:

The way the witchy lfl trailer doesnt match the aesthetic of the album is sending me, are there really any "witchy" outtakes?

I don't think we got any unreleased/outtakes that belong to the witchy sound. Just demos of released songs that fit the theme.

Like that random "Love" intro that's super spooky but the rest is almost the same. Idg why she did that exactly. 

On 4/2/2023 at 11:30 AM, LBcita said:

Myth: “Tropico” was an album concept.

Bust: This one never made any sense at all, sorry for your notebook pages. Despite the fact that no one knows anything about what Lana was writing on the page or how she organized it, we do have actual facts about Tropico. It was announced as a film as early as 2012 (before the notebook picture, which came in 2013). It was filmed in June of 2013. It was /always/ linked to songs from Paradise (announced as a film with the original Bel Air music video upload.) All the other claims about it were purely speculation (ie BlackOutZone likes attention and made it up.) Further, as late as June 2013 Lana wasn’t “interested in putting out another album”, even though she was writing music. Only in August did she say she was working on a new album, mentioning Black Beauty as being written for it, this album of course being Ultraviolence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-21593264

Here's an article from February 2013 where Lana talks about her upcoming album and Black Beauty.

4 hours ago, nikkilane77 said:

i love that version. its so punchy n dark yet fun :dance: kinda wish they used it instead of the album version

Can anyone enlighten me with the Yes To Heaven/Fine China mess? Trying to put something together and all of a sudden some versions are gone, different demo names...

The lana wiki pages for those are kinda messy.

7 minutes ago, Manson said:

Can anyone enlighten me with the Yes To Heaven/Fine China mess? Trying to put something together and all of a sudden some versions are gone, different demo names...

The lana wiki pages for those are kinda messy.

so, we had 4 leaked versions of YTH: 2 are edits by Patrick Warren / the musicmafia one is produced by James Ford (real) / the STINT version from Honeymoon (real)

FC previously leaked version was also an edit by Patrick Warren so the real one leaked recently these days

YG was the same edited situation and the real version has leaked now

5 minutes ago, nikkilane77 said:

so, we had 4 leaked versions of YTH: 2 are edits by Patrick Warren / the musicmafia one is produced by James Ford (real) / the STINT version from Honeymoon (real)

FC previously leaked version was also an edit by Patrick Warren so the real one leaked recently these days

YG was the same edited situation and the real version has leaked now

patrick warren really slayed on that fine china stem edit bc the real version is not as good:thumb3:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

for me original LFL fits to trailer where we have sci-fi spacey witchy gothy noctural and kind of churchy aesthetics. album for me was mix of witchy dark songs mixed with some folky stuff

confirmed tracks that they were on album:

-Love and 13 Beaches (both of them has horror heavy strings on opening)

-LFL (6 minute version)

-Serene Queen

-Architecture 

-Yosemite

-Heroin

-Tomorrow Never Came

-Get Free

other tracks from this time fitting to aesthetics:

-Beautiful People (demo from HM)

-If I Die Young (fits as well)

-Groupie Love (that alt version)

-Thunder (i know that was for TLSP album but damn demo fits so much to original direction)

Here’s some scrapped projects:

Lifestyles of the young and wavy( Lana x asap mixtape)- jokingly said but it was stated she had enough material for a mixtape between them off the LFL era :hooker: so…

Unreleased album- pretty sure this was confirmed by insiders as attempted and then buried- my view is that she did this on Blue banisters in her view.

Nikki Lane x Lana albums 

last shadow puppets x Lana- demos 

American covers and standards 

3 hours ago, palemoonbaby said:

for me original LFL fits to trailer where we have sci-fi spacey witchy gothy noctural and kind of churchy aesthetics. album for me was mix of witchy dark songs mixed with some folky stuff

confirmed tracks that they were on album:

-Love and 13 Beaches (both of them has horror heavy strings on opening)

-LFL (6 minute version)

-Serene Queen

-Architecture 

-Yosemite

-Heroin

-Tomorrow Never Came

-Get Free

other tracks from this time fitting to aesthetics:

-Beautiful People (demo from HM)

-If I Die Young (fits as well)

-Groupie Love (that alt version)

-Thunder (i know that was for TLSP album but damn demo fits so much to original direction)

tbh i don't think serene queen was ever actually meant to go on lfl, if i remember correctly it was made in like one day after honeymoon sessions were done and scrapped

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

20 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/zyuh8L5vfS/file.html do u think this could be real?

No it’s literally just the songs with variants of the actual titles (Yea I know some of them are alleged demo titles)