partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

7 minutes ago, viktoria said:

ok but like... are we ever gonna get the draft tracklist for rock candy sweet

:awkney2:

Tbh I have a feeling it's either a completely different tracklist all together or barely at all tbh :bebe:

1 minute ago, The Siren said:

Tbh I have a feeling it's either a completely different tracklist all together or barely at all tbh :bebe:

i wouldn't be surprised if it was just a few songs swapped out....

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

do we know anything about the mixtape given by Lizzy to Mark Naison? The tracklist was The Ocean, Ruby, and Roller Dirby, but do we know the exact order? How did we get to know about it? The title? So many questions...

26 minutes ago, viktoria said:

i wouldn't be surprised if it was just a few songs swapped out....

Well we do know that Lana asked Barrie if she could release the demos they had previously worked on that had leaked on BB so maybe that is an obvious set of songs that were replaced

23 hours ago, ImenaOphelia said:

do we know anything about the mixtape given by Lizzy to Mark Naison? The tracklist was The Ocean, Ruby, and Roller Dirby, but do we know the exact order? How did we get to know about it? The title? So many questions...

It was a CD and we have a picture of it I believe

uIMUUlK.jpg

I personally don't count this as an "official" mixtape or EP since we don't have a real title for it [and that version of Ruby (Put Me in a Movie) is already on the elusive No Kung Fu]

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

Speaking of No Kung Fu, my theory is that there was more than one tracklist of the EP and that's why Mermaid Motel demo [with "No Kung Fu Demos (Received 2007-09-06)" album tag] wasn't included with the original 2012 leak. We know two versions of the Young Like Me tracklist—a four-track one and a seven-track one—so it makes sense

Does anyone have the screenshot of the original NKF leak? I remember it was through a forum and the poster was talking about how they heard her demos before she became famous

𝕀 𝕔𝕝𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕖𝕪𝕖𝕤, 𝕒𝕥 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕠𝕞 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕦𝕤𝕥

Isn't anyone also 100% sure she reworked/considered Fine China for Honeymoon? I just can't picture it not happening. I mean, there are even LFL rumoured versions (which sounds pretty crazy for it being her happy album).

3 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

Isn't anyone also 100% sure she reworked/considered Fine China for Honeymoon? I just can't picture it not happening. I mean, there are even LFL rumoured versions (which sounds pretty crazy for it being her happy album).

No so crazy if there was a witchy version of the album

Just now, nikkilane77 said:

who gonna spill some tea about the 2007 AKA produced by Steven Mertens...

Brite Lites rock demo you WILL ALWAYS BE FAMOUS

according to @Be Free who has shared a lot of lizzy grant stuff with us, it's likely that there isn't a concrete second version of the album produced by steven mertens, it's most likely just a way to describe the demos they did together, and we do have a few AKA demos produced by him, such as the ocean, the queen of the gas station demos, jump, mermaid motel, ruby, and brite lites, but, who knows, maybe there's other steven merten demos for other tracks, since we don't have steven mertens demos for oh say can you see, for k, pt. 2, yayo, etc.

WGe8ynS.gif

3 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

according to @Be Free who has shared a lot of lizzy grant stuff with us, it's likely that there isn't a concrete second version of the album produced by steven mertens, it's most likely just a way to describe the demos they did together, and we do have a few AKA demos produced by him, such as the ocean, the queen of the gas station demos, jump, mermaid motel, ruby, and brite lites, but, who knows, maybe there's other steven merten demos for other tracks, since we don't have steven mertens demos for oh say can you see, for k, pt. 2, yayo, etc.

yuppp I don't think it had a proper tracklist either but I find the demos they did together soooooo good

there's a studio rock version of Yayo made by him for sure... The Rich Whores version is prob similar to what it sounds like and it's godly asf

1 minute ago, nikkilane77 said:

yuppp I don't think it had a proper tracklist either but I find the demos they did together soooooo good

there's a studio rock version of Yayo made by him for sure... The Rich Whores version is prob similar to what it sounds like and it's godly asf

honestly we need some more lizzy grant tea in general, i'm sure it's a lot more elusive compared to tea/information about more recent eras when lana was already famous, but i know that there's things we still don't know :oprah3:

WGe8ynS.gif

Just now, Surf Noir said:

honestly we need some more lizzy grant tea in general, i'm sure it's a lot more elusive compared to tea/information about more recent eras when lana was already famous, but i know that there's things we still don't know :oprah3:

right... no because i find those times so interesting theres just a lot i would love to know- any fun facts are welcome tbh

On 4/2/2023 at 5:30 AM, LBcita said:

Myth: “Ultraviolence tracklist got changed after Dan Auerbach got involved.”

Bust: Dan merely rerecorded demos Lana had already made and was ready to release. Dan has no writing credits on any song from Ultraviolence except for Florida Kilos. Dan: “Her demos were so good, her songs were so strong that I wanted to get my musicians in who I love and get my sound that I get here with her songs and that’s it. I didn’t want to mess it up. She sang live with a seven-piece band. That’s the whole record – a seven-piece band with her singing live. It was crazy.” "After she played him some of the demos she was working on, he became a fan, lobbying to produce her.” Lana said she thought the record was done in December 2013, and announced it. Dan heard the album while they were at The Riviera in Queens (with Emile Haynie) and told her he thought she was almost where she wanted to be with the sound, but that his Nashville band could get her perfectly there.

See, BlackOutZone is the king of the “idk tho” He loves to present entirely speculative opinions

“so perhaps her original idea was to release the album in 2013 alongside the visuals”

“personally only treat JFK, I Don't Wanna Go, Starry Eyed as Paradise outtakes, but this all remains debatable.”

“it must have only been”

Which are then ran with by him and y’all as fact simply because recently he’s been able to leak tracklists (actual matters of fact).

Even during Blue Banisters he was walking the middle line by making claims that could be verified (but weren’t) and then retracting them (X song is gonna be on the album…jk she changed her mind).

Was BlackOutZone right on some tracklist related things and announcements of recent songs? Definitely, and I’m sure the label connection that traced him to be the source of all these leaks and told him to stop has cut off his access. Does BlackOutZone know literally anything about mixing, mastering, or the way songs got recorded or leaked in 2016, or what the hell Lana was up to in 2013? No, and it’s time for you all to stop pretending he does.

Actually she did change the tracklist, but it wasn’t because of Dan or the label, but because of Neil Krug…

“For some reason, he has been really life changing for me,” admits Lana. “He loves painting Polaroids and making little 8x10s. I saw one of the shots he took of me, and I felt it had to be the album cover. That photo influenced me to change the track listing.”

https://www.clashmusic.com/features/american-dreamer-lana-del-rey-interviewed

so who knows what the tracklist looked like before the shoot with Neil

image.png

1 minute ago, lmdr said:

Actually she did change the tracklist, but it wasn’t because of Dan or the label, but because of Neil Krug…

“For some reason, he has been really life changing for me,” admits Lana. “He loves painting Polaroids and making little 8x10s. I saw one of the shots he took of me, and I felt it had to be the album cover. That photo influenced me to change the track listing.”

https://www.clashmusic.com/features/american-dreamer-lana-del-rey-interviewed

so who knows what the tracklist looked like before the shoot with Neil

what if the tracklist before Neil was the (or later variation of the) Tropico list?

so there are possibly 2-3 uv tracklists omg

uv with rick nowels tracklist

possible uv with Dan auerbach tracklist 

tracklist with your girl, fine china and possible yes to heaven as we know they were masterd with other uv tracks 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y