partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Just now, Orville Peck said:

When she releases the Ultraviolence Sessions collection and includes all the Tropico and Ultrabible outtakes then what? :oprah4:

should have done that instead of putting the outtakes on BB when we could have gotten newer songs lmao

5 minutes ago, The Siren said:

should have done that instead of putting the outtakes on BB when we could have gotten newer songs lmao

so true, I forgot that NOTG, LL and CB were from that era... at least we could have the original version of If You Lie Down With Me if she decided to release the Tropico and Ultraviolence outtakes. :(

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

so true, I forgot that NOTG, LL and CB were from that era... at least we could have the original version of If You Lie Down With Me if she decided to release the Tropico and Ultraviolence outtakes. :(

rip to Pink Champagne on Chemtrails :eek:

On 5/21/2023 at 7:02 PM, Orville Peck said:

When she releases the Ultraviolence Sessions collection and includes all the Tropico and Ultrabible outtakes then what? :oprah4:

this is not a want, this is a need

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

so i have this thought and really want to change and start the topic here about another lost record, similar to Tropico - BTD original album. we know nothing about this concept besides leaked music and u can definitely say it was clearly a sound for BTD at one point, i dont know if it was meant to be released in this form, but songs like Driving in Cars with Boys, Kinda Outta Luck, You Can Be the Boss, On Our Way, Hundred Dollar Bill, Dangerous Girl, Velvet Crowbar and demos that significally similar production wise to these songs are National Anthem (Demo 1), I'm sure Off to the Races (Demo), Diet Mountain Dew (Demo 3), Carmen (Demo), This Is What Makes Us Girls (Demo 1) (that were reworked later for a reworked album, similar to some OG Tropico songs (Money Power Glory, Black Beauty, Guns n' Roses)) - these songs really were shaping some kind of the album that probably was going to be released in this form of sound before her sound really changed in 2011, by far it's only a rumor but i'm really convinced that Born to Die was going to be released (maybe under other of 6 known to us titles) earlier on 2011 with that type of sound, what do u think?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

9 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

so i have this thought and really want to change and start the topic here about another lost record, similar to Tropico - BTD original album. we know nothing about this concept besides leaked music and u can definitely say it was clearly a sound for BTD at one point, i dont know if it was meant to be released in this form, but songs like Driving in Cars with Boys, Kinda Outta Luck, You Can Be the Boss, On Our Way, Hundred Dollar Bill, Dangerous Girl, Velvet Crowbar and demos that significally similar production wise to these songs are National Anthem (Demo 1), I'm sure Off to the Races (Demo), Diet Mountain Dew (Demo 3), Carmen (Demo), This Is What Makes Us Girls (Demo 1) (that were reworked later for a reworked album, similar to some OG Tropico songs (Money Power Glory, Black Beauty, Guns n' Roses)) - these songs really were shaping some kind of the album that probably was going to be released in this form of sound before her sound really changed in 2011, by far it's only a rumor but i'm really convinced that Born to Die was going to be released (maybe under other of 6 known to us titles) earlier on 2011 with that type of sound, what do u think?

I'm sure it's a possibility but it's hard to know for sure without any confirmation. 

Like for example, Kesha has been recording music since around the year 2000 and she was signed to Kemosabe Records in 2006 so it's just as likely that her debut album had a different sound in 2008

(in this case this is true we know about a 2008 album meant to be released via Warner Brothers Records.)

We don't have a confirmation for an "original" BTD album. Just alt titles for the album. 

2 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I'm sure it's a possibility but it's hard to know for sure without any confirmation. 

Like for example, Kesha has been recording music since around the year 2000 and she was signed to Kemosabe Records in 2006 so it's just as likely that her debut album had a different sound in 2008

(in this case this is true we know about a 2008 album meant to be released via Warner Brothers Records.)

We don't have a confirmation for an "original" BTD album. Just alt titles for the album. 

yes we dont but I really wish someone finally spilled smth regarding this, basically need tracklists only

i told my mom about the lore of the uv era and she told me that i had either been lied to or lana is crazy
she just doesn't get the process it takes to make a masterpiece

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

Well, Lana herself (and notable leakers whatever we call it here) said that Born to Die- was just a collection of compositions/songs that she had made without an intention to place it on a certain record. Songs for fun/labels at that time… radio was the only one which had the intention to be placed on a record- born to die- some were saying

4 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Well, Lana herself (and notable leakers whatever we call it here) said that Born to Die- was just a collection of compositions/songs that she had made without an intention to place it on a certain record. Songs for fun/labels at that time… radio was the only one which had the intention to be placed on a record- born to die- some were saying

Did she? 

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

i told my mom about the lore of the uv era and she told me that i had either been lied to or lana is crazy
she just doesn't get the process it takes to make a masterpiece

whenever i tell my mum about lore she always says ‘if only you put this time to learn about useful information’ SHE DOESNT GET IT:deadbanana:

I find it interesting how she has recently said that she wanted Born to Die to sound classical but none of the songs, outtakes or demos sound classical except for Million Dollar Man, Video Games and Born to Die. All of the outtakes and demos sound consistent to me, they are pop bangers, so I find it weird how vocal she has been against Born to Die’s pop production done by Emile. I feel like she was trying to find a cohesive sound for an album, which is why we have so many different versions of the songs but ultimately she never liked what was being crafted through the years. She probably did not know what she wanted and grew tired of working on her songs so she just let Emile do his own thing when he came along in the process and was like “Oh well I’m done. This is it.”

image.png

5 minutes ago, lmdr said:

I find it interesting how she has recently said that she wanted Born to Die to sound classical but none of the songs, outtakes or demos sound classical except for Million Dollar Man, Video Games and Born to Die. All of the outtakes and demos sound consistent to me, they are pop bangers, so I find it weird how vocal she has been against Born to Die’s pop production done by Emile. I feel like she was trying to find a cohesive sound for an album, which is why we have so many different versions of the songs but ultimately she never liked what was being crafted through the years. She probably did not know what she wanted and grew tired of working on her songs so she just let Emile do his own thing when he came along in the process and was like “Oh well I’m done. This is it.”

There’s heavy strings throughout almost every song on the entire album- Carmen, Lolita even etc- baroque pop is formed from classical music so she was correct here actually 

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Agree with you on the whole debate on it being pop though- the demos aren’t any less pop in that respect 

with all that in mind i think lana just told Emile she wanted the classical sound on the album and Emile threw in whatever sounded classical into the songs that were making the album