partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

23 minutes ago, the ocean said:

non-existent nnn i gave up i just decided to throw them all in "session" albums without any specific order

keep fine china & your girl and label them as stem edits, delete the yes to heaven ones because there are real versions leaked

Don't! These aren’t stem edits done by a fan. They are rough mixes done by a co-producer from Rick's team. They don’t use a lot of the original stems from the songs but he added other elements and production.

Technically, it’s a rough mix/edit done by him (Patrick Warren). That makes it somewhat legit but it isn’t the original Rick Nowels demo.

4 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Don't! These aren’t stem edits done by a fan. They are rough mixes done by a co-producer from Rick's team. They don’t use a lot of the original stems from the songs but he added other elements and production.

Technically, it’s a rough mix/edit done by him (Patrick Warren). That makes it somewhat legit but it isn’t the original Rick Nowels demo.

well one of them IS a stem edit done by a fan (version 1) and the other one i guess you could keep but it's not particularly notable or anything

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

6 minutes ago, the ocean said:

well one of them IS a stem edit done by a fan (version 1) and the other one i guess you could keep but it's not particularly notable or anything

i forgot about boz's post saying this :deadbanana:

i deleted both of them anyway :deadbanana:

9 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

I am on page 11!

I think you are definetly not ready for the things you'll read:trisha: Good luck bestie!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

It really feels like I'm not only studying what I study at university right now but also studying Lana Del Rey album process &  songs history right now, like being a Lana stan feels like such a full time job sometimes :trisha: we love it though :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, Ocean Boulevard said:

It really feels like I'm not only studying what I study at university right now but also studying Lana Del Rey album process &  songs history right now, like being a Lana stan feels like such a full time job sometimes :trisha: we love it though :true:

I feel like an ancient archaeologist sometimes discovering lost history :true: sounds silly but its the vibes

UtrMWJM.jpg

~Mon amour,  je sais que tu m'aimes aussi ~

Just now, Jaeden xx said:

I feel like an ancient archaeologist sometimes discovering lost history :true: sounds silly but its the vibes

It really feels that way though :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

3 hours ago, The Siren said:

so since we got this info, what does everyone's tracklists look like?

Ok I’ve been working on this since like page 8 of this thread lol. If this is the wrong place to post this I’m sorry.

Born to Die

Original album is flawless as is.

They should’ve kept the drums in Without You tho, album version was a bore.

Born to Die: Paradise Edition

Spoiler

I’d like to see all the unreleased songs reworked like the original album and share the same sonic soundscape.

1. Serial Killer (BTD vibe w orchestral intro)

2. Paradise

3. You Can Be the Boss (OTTR vibes)

4. Damn You

5. Blue Velvet

6. Queen of Disaster (DMD vibes)

7. Yayo

8. Starry Eyed

Tropico

Spoiler

I was trying to keep the theme of the film in mind while making this since someone said it was more of a visual concept. Idk why I didn’t use any outtakes here however, I guess technically the UV tracks I used were outtakes. I would’ve liked to put AF in there somewhere, I guess I didn’t find it necessary.

1. Ride

2. American

3. Burning Desire

4. Cola

5. Body Electric

6. Gods & Monsters

7. Money Power Glory

8. Fucked My Way Up to the Top

9. Old Money

10. Young And Beautiful

11. Bel Air

Ultraviolence

Spoiler

Although Ultraviolence is my favorite album imo Brooklyn Baby sticks out like a sore thumb. I’ve never loved this song, idk. Then I had to fill the spots of the tracks I used. I ended up using bonus tracks and this would’ve been even darker than the og album.

1. Cruel World

2. Ultraviolence

3. Shades of Cool

4. Guns And Roses (has a similar although darker atmosphere as BB. It’s sadder but still a love song and GNR are a Cali band so keeping with the west coast theme of the album)

5. West Coast

6. Sad Girl

7. Pretty When You Cry

8. Black Beauty

9. Flipside

10. Is This Happiness

11. The Other Woman

Again I didn’t use any outtakes as I felt like they weren’t necessary. I love FC, UFB, CL, DS, James Fords YTH, ect. I felt like they could’ve been another album that was more character/storyteller songs. Add LL, NOTG, CB on there and you have your “Melancholia Edition” lol 

13 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Thank you!!! It’s very simple though. I just went through Neil Krug's floral photographs and picked the ones that matched the year/era the most (imo).

56-E867-E9-FA49-45-D3-A058-BE6-EE021-FDB

CF2-CBEC5-6-BCB-425-B-B6-AB-3-B1837-FE58

82-D3-BCC9-330-C-4431-8-B3-D-2038-E77098

your 2011 collection is tagged as 2012 :oprah2:

17 minutes ago, The Love Witch said:

Thank you!!! It’s very simple though. I just went through Neil Krug's floral photographs and picked the ones that matched the year/era the most (imo).

56-E867-E9-FA49-45-D3-A058-BE6-EE021-FDB

CF2-CBEC5-6-BCB-425-B-B6-AB-3-B1837-FE58

82-D3-BCC9-330-C-4431-8-B3-D-2038-E77098

Holy shit these are beautiful :icant: