partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

3 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

She belts alot more now :wub: and more vocal runs.

They’re not full belts though because it’s falsetto- I get what you’re saying and I’m not debating her voice is still beautiful and whilst she’s always been airy in every register/there’s clearly a leaning to her upper register. 

you win some you lose some- her riffs are great

10 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

do we know if any of the tropico demos of the uv songs for tropico are out there?

there are 6 known
Guns and Roses (Late 2012 - Early 2013 Demo)
Old Money (Late 2012-Early 2013 Demo) (Descrbed as "Chaotic Glory" Version)
Old Money (Jamie xx 2013 Version)
Money Power Glory (Late 2012 Demo)
Black Beauty (Late 2012-Early 2013 Demo)
Black Beauty (Jamie xx 2013 Version)
and none of them we have, only maybe these 2 black beauty concept demo snippets that may be the same as Black Beauty (Late 2012-Early 2013 Demo)

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

there are 6 known
Guns and Roses (Late 2012 - Early 2013 Demo)
Old Money (Late 2012-Early 2013 Demo) (Descrbed as "Chaotic Glory" Version)
Old Money (Jamie xx 2013 Version)
Money Power Glory (Late 2012 Demo)
Black Beauty (Late 2012-Early 2013 Demo)
Black Beauty (Jamie xx 2013 Version)
and none of them we have, only maybe these 2 black beauty concept demo snippets that may be the same as Black Beauty (Late 2012-Early 2013 Demo)

let's hope they all leak in the coming months (alongside her cover of summertime), i want to add Black Beauty, G&R, MPG and OM to my tropico album but they'd stick out like sore thumbs lolll. i specifically hope the late 2012 demos leak cause i think those would be the most authentic for the tropico album's tracklist

i also really wonder if the version of elvis on the tropico tracklist draft thing was a rework or just the laptop demo.. a rework of that song would be cool

2 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Imo her voice is at her best in OB. She's incorporating alot more technique and her voice is stronger than ever.  

Another Good example is You'll Never Walk alone or Summertime Gershwin version.  

She's reached perfection in terms of tone.

It's more rounded and she has better projection compared to BTD-LFL era

I feel as though she always used to use her voice in a characteristic way on her previous albums, kind of like she was playing a role. Most notably with her first 3 albums. Since Norman she seemed to have abandoned this more artistic style to her voice and started singing more casually, and more neautral. Which is fine but i liked her old dramatic style better, but that's just my personal opinion.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

2 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

i do really think earthquakes should’ve been on uv

i think auerbach could've slightly tweaked it and it would've been a perfect fit. out of all the leaks though i think pink champagne would've been the best fit for UV, i honestly think it is the perfect closer song for that album

2 hours ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I feel as though she always used to use her voice in a characteristic way on her previous albums, kind of like she was playing a role. Most notably with her first 3 albums. Since Norman she seemed to have abandoned this more artistic style to her voice and started singing more casually, and more neautral. Which is fine but i liked her old dramatic style better, but that's just my personal opinion.

she sounds more classically trained now which can take a lot of character out of a voice. we got a glimpse of that character when she went into a lower, gravely voice when she sang “im obsessed with this, all his candy necklaces.” but besides that, that character is basically lost and i think thats what ive been disappointed by the most in her recent music. 

i think the new music is great if you look at it objectively. but as a lana fan who fell in love with her mystic, melodic, n soulful voice… i havent been connecting as much with the recent stuff. 

4 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

she sounds more classically trained now which can take a lot of character out of a voice. we got a glimpse of that character when she went into a lower, gravely voice when she sang “im obsessed with this, all his candy necklaces.” but besides that, that character is basically lost and i think thats what ive been disappointed by the most in her recent music. 

i think the new music is great if you look at it objectively. but as a lana fan who fell in love with her mystic, melodic, n soulful voice… i havent been connecting as much with the recent stuff. 

She doesn’t even sound classically trained I don’t want to be mean but her voice sounds just straight up bad on some songs on BB/ Ocean Blvd… it’s like she wants to sound more “delicate” now but that’s not even her natural register, she’s more of a mezzo and her voice doesn’t naturally go super high (which is why she can’t even sing off to the races live anymore rly lol) but she’s forcing it and that’s how we get those voice cracks and shrill notes in Arcadia… I don’t necessarily need her to go back to 2012-2015 even though I loved that sound, her voice actually sounded best on LFL-COTCC, and the vocal mixing/putting old songs where she uses her old vocals on BB def did not help her sound any better.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

She doesn’t even sound classically trained I don’t want to be mean but her voice sounds just straight up bad on some songs on BB

i'll be brave and say it: black bathing suit is the worst vocal performance she's ever had. jesus christ i hate that song im sorry yeah its cool melodically the concept is there but her screams arent good screams theyre just. screams. she sounds like she is dying and not in a cunt way. it is upsetting me it is making the children uncomfortable please lana stop screaming pleas

Just now, cranekiss said:

i'll be brave and say it: black bathing suit is the worst vocal performance she's ever had. jesus christ i hate that song im sorry yeah its cool melodically the concept is there but her screams arent good screams theyre just. screams. she sounds like she is dying and not in a cunt way. it is upsetting me it is making the children uncomfortable please lana stop screaming pleas

Omfg thank you I hate that song it’s my least favorite Lana song of all time and I’ve never understood the love:bebe: I get that the screaming is reminiscent of Noir and people love that but Noir is fun because it’s unreleased

2 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

thank you for being brave :bebe: the screams and “mail me when you get the blues” give me second hand embarrassment. i dont wanna hate on lana but shes forcing a vocal performance that doesnt come natural to her and i really miss when that wasnt the case. 

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

Omfg thank you I hate that song it’s my least favorite Lana song of all time and I’ve never understood the love:bebe: I get that the screaming is reminiscent of Noir and people love that but Noir is fun because it’s unreleased

you can call me delusional/stupid for this but if noir had like proper mixing and was recorded in a studio the screaming would sound good... i've always believed in that song, it's like a parallel to carmen where carmen is someone talking about carmen, and noir is carmen's point of view and how she lives

if it was polished and finished it would honestly be my favorite lana song

also i want to thank everyone for not getting aggressive n allowing a more negative discussion to take place. i love lana so dearly. ive been a fan since Paradise n would never actually hate on her or spread negativity about her. but its nice to talk about our different opinions :wub:

1 minute ago, cranekiss said:

you can call me delusional/stupid for this but if noir had like proper mixing and was recorded in a studio the screaming would sound good... i've always believed in that song, it's like a parallel to carmen where carmen is someone talking about carmen, and noir is carmen's point of view and how she lives

if it was polished and finished it would honestly be my favorite lana song

I could see that! The “screaming” vocals on Dealer sound great! And that’s because they are mixed well lol… Drew Erickson 100% improved on Ocean Blvd but Blue Banisters was an absolute mess…

1 minute ago, mlittle11 said:

also i want to thank everyone for not getting aggressive n allowing a more negative discussion to take place. i love lana so dearly. ive been a fan since Paradise n would never actually hate on her or spread negativity about her. but its nice to talk about our different opinions :wub:

don't get me wrong i love lana but i think fans should also accept that not all of her material is fantastic, good, or even above mediocre. she truly does have some bad songs and that's okay!!! she's made thousands of songs from 2006-present ofc some are gonna be some bad apples and considering she more than likely has full creative control now chances are she's not gonna pick out the best batch of songs to release

i will say ocean blvd is a definite step in the right direction and i hope she makes another record of that quality because 2021 was a miserable MISERABLE year to be a lana fan; so much music and none of it really clicked with me and many others.. and some of it was actually horrendous (Looking at blue banisters)

like guys its ok to admit that some of her songs suck its ok its not going to kill you to be a hater every once in a while. its ok to not like things your favorite artist has made trust me im a huge kesha fan did i think high road was good FUCK NO

I'm too lazy to go 50 pages back, but was Old Money OG described as totally different or is my memory just shitty? Cause I swear I remember something about the og demo being very different... 

Anyways, I hope it leaks soon! It's one of my favorite songs of her :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: