partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

I'm too lazy to go 50 pages back, but was Old Money OG described as totally different or is my memory just shitty? Cause I swear I remember something about the og demo being very different... 

Anyways, I hope it leaks soon! It's one of my favorite songs of her :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Black bathing suit is good- I like the odd beats but yeah BB is a demoish album in terms of how raw it sounds but it’s still above cocc personally because the material is genuinely great and it’s production is still more interesting than minor chord- breathy quiet singing with piano and it’s story-less songs. 

9 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

don't get me wrong i love lana but i think fans should also accept that not all of her material is fantastic, good, or even above mediocre. she truly does have some bad songs and that's okay!!! she's made thousands of songs from 2006-present ofc some are gonna be some bad apples and considering she more than likely has full creative control now chances are she's not gonna pick out the best batch of songs to release

i will say ocean blvd is a definite step in the right direction and i hope she makes another record of that quality because 2021 was a miserable MISERABLE year to be a lana fan; so much music and none of it really clicked with me and many others.. and some of it was actually horrendous (Looking at blue banisters)

like guys its ok to admit that some of her songs suck its ok its not going to kill you to be a hater every once in a while. its ok to not like things your favorite artist has made trust me im a huge kesha fan did i think high road was good FUCK NO

totally agree. lana herself wasnt the biggest fan of COCC and BB. plus her style is in a transition right now. its bound to not be super focused or well thought out and thats okay. BUT that doesnt mean we cant point it out. like you said, ocean blvd is a step in the right direction but im not totally in love with it. 

In terms of Lanas singing- I honestly feel like whatever material she recorded during the endless summer tour should yield her best vocals- there was a great mix of her techniques and improvement confidence wise there- she seemed chilled out.

Just now, peachlipgloss said:

are there krakenfiles links for earthquakes and melancholia ? Help plz

Yes just go look in the leak threads

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, peachlipgloss said:

are there krakenfiles links for earthquakes and melancholia ? Help plz

https://we.tl/t-H4YS8CJSmH

Og files for the leaks from last night enjoy!!

10 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

I'm too lazy to go 50 pages back, but was Old Money OG described as totally different or is my memory just shitty? Cause I swear I remember something about the og demo being very different... 

Anyways, I hope it leaks soon! It's one of my favorite songs of her :defeated:

i mean one of them was dubbed the "Chaotic Glory" version, im really excited for all the 2012/Tropico iterations of the UV tracks i hope they surface soon!!

12 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

https://we.tl/t-H4YS8CJSmH

Og files for the leaks from last night enjoy!!

i mean one of them was dubbed the "Chaotic Glory" version, im really excited for all the 2012/Tropico iterations of the UV tracks i hope they surface soon!!

thank you so much!

35 minutes ago, mlittle11 said:

also i want to thank everyone for not getting aggressive n allowing a more negative discussion to take place. i love lana so dearly. ive been a fan since Paradise n would never actually hate on her or spread negativity about her. but its nice to talk about our different opinions :wub:

it's so crazy to me that we are sometimes afraid of making more critical comments on Lana's music. I've done it as well, I've avoided adding more negative commentary because i thought that by being more critical  i wouldn't sound like a ''true fan''. It sounds so childish ik.

I think that due to loving her work so much we are bound to make these comments ( in a civil way ofc) 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

4 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

They’re not full belts though because it’s falsetto- I get what you’re saying and I’m not debating her voice is still beautiful and whilst she’s always been airy in every register/there’s clearly a leaning to her upper register. 

you win some you lose some- her riffs are great

What drew me to Lana at the very very very beginning (BTD era) was her lower register. So i turn into a puddle whenever she uses that. Candy necklace has me in a chokehold

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

41 minutes ago, cranekiss said:

i'll be brave and say it: black bathing suit is the worst vocal performance she's ever had. jesus christ i hate that song im sorry yeah its cool melodically the concept is there but her screams arent good screams theyre just. screams. she sounds like she is dying and not in a cunt way. it is upsetting me it is making the children uncomfortable please lana stop screaming pleas

you're right it's a terrible vocal performance lmao i find it camp quite honestly 

2 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

you're right it's a terrible vocal performance lmao i find it camp quite honestly 

i like listening to it when i feel horrible about myself because it makes me realize talented people do indeed make mistakes sometimes

5 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

I really hope that some day some Lana stans understand that Lana will continue making piano ballads or stripped down music no matter who the producer/collaborator is, if that is what she wants. She already brought in Mike Dean(primarily a hip-hop producer) and Jon Batiste(jazz/pop) and the songs still ended up being piano ballads. 

Yeah we've been having this same conversation over and over and over and over and over and over again and it's true. It you miss her old stuff, then go ahead and listen to it–– it's all on streaming.

And we just had a 5-song leak full of "new" old songs. And we'll continue to receive old outtakes. Go listen to those. They exist. 

1 minute ago, jaesana said:

Yeah we've been having this same conversation over and over and over and over and over and over again and it's true. It you miss her old stuff, then go ahead and listen to it–– it's all on streaming.

And we just had a 5-song leak full of "new" old songs. And we'll continue to receive old outtakes. Go listen to those. They exist. 

I mean it’s not just us tbf- I just had a Facebook post pop up on a garbage fan group and a lot of people said they disengaged with the new material 🤷‍♀️ I just stay around for the gems and occasionally I’ll like the way a full album is out together like BB- still hope she’ll do something more chaotic someday though probs not 

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

I mean it’s not just us tbf- I just had a Facebook post pop up on a garbage fan group and a lot of people said they disengaged with the new material 🤷‍♀️ I just stay around for the gems and occasionally I’ll like the way a full album is out together like BB- still hope she’ll do something more chaotic someday though probs not 

As people leave the fandom, others join who connect with the new material. Everyone is different :wink:

i’m sure a lot of people will disagree with this take but people will always want her to move back to her old sound and i’m not sure that it’s the creative direction she’ll ever want to go again because she grew away from it. i love cocc, bb and now ob and still appreciate her growth moving forward even though maybe some ppl construe it as moving backwards. with pink champagne/lmlylaw i think it would’ve been gorgeous on uv but because it didn’t make the cut for whatever reason, she reworked it into cocc because the original sound would not have worked otherwise. it was a beautiful idea that she still wanted us to hear so i’m happy for that. and i’m happy to hear the leak and the idea in it’s infancy! these things can coexist and her genius never fails to amaze me 

26 minutes ago, taco truck said:

How finished was Tropico? Did she just have a tracklist for it?

it was not finished but i think she believed in the concept a ton. i think the only thing she didn't really do with that tracklist was rework elvis like originally intended

the more interesting is that what songs later were used for further ultraviolence album with rick nowels after scrapping tropico cuz BOZ said Hollywood (unleaked version) and Ave Maria were heavily considered for UV after scrapping tropico

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y