partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

maybe its the right thread to discuss this - JFK, Starry Eyed, I Don't Wanna Go and Wild One are Paradise outtakes? made for her second studio album butย during Paradise sessions? outtakes for both projects? (not included Hollywood as this was recorded after Paradise was released)
we have this discussion for forever butย never got any clarification and always had a large space for speculations on this theme - we need answers finally:defeated::oprah2::justride:

Wellllllโ€ฆ accordingย to Lana Wiki:

I Don't Wanna Go - leaked in October 2012

JFK - recorded in 2012

Starry Eyed - recorded in 2012ย 

Hollywood -ย recordedย inย December 2012 (a month after Paradise's release)

ย 

I'm not sure whether we have exact dates for JFK or Starry Eyed and furthermore I wasn't a fan back then, but I've always been a believer that the untouchable 5 are early UV tracks.

๐•€ ๐•”๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•– ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•–๐•ช๐•–๐•ค, ๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ ๐•€ ๐•จ๐•š๐•ค๐•™ ๐•ฅ๐•  ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ค๐•– ๐•—๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ž ๐•’๐•๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•ฅ

16 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

Wellllllโ€ฆ accordingย to Lana Wiki:

I Don't Wanna Go - leaked in October 2012

JFK - recorded in 2012

Starry Eyed - recorded in 2012ย 

Hollywood -ย recordedย inย December 2012 (a month after Paradise's release)

ย 

ย 

I'm not sure whether we have exact dates for JFK or Starry Eyed and furthermore I wasn't a fan back then, but I've always been a believer that the untouchable 5 are early UV tracks.

i mean ya i also thought them to be early UV sound as they all sound similar like they were made for one project but different from paradiseย 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

17 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

oh yeah for sure these songs wasnt meant for UV as we have it released, she had experemental sessions until like may-june 2013 so these songs are just seek of sound, but it techically would be UV outtakes just because they arent paradise outtakes which sessions ended in september 2012 the least, sure there another TROPICO EP which was supposed to include more songs, yeah thats an arbitrary question, but i just need to know if these 4 songs ever meant to be include in paradise or this was the beggining and seek of sound for further record

To me, they were part of a new album to come. When she commented on the leak, she did say that there were songs that were meant for the next record. I donโ€™t know if, back then, she needed to have a couple of songs under her belt that could be part of a new album, like she did with UV, HM and so on.ย 

It's difficult (impossible, even) for us to say - andย who cares. The fact is it's pointless trying to separate out anything into Paradise vs. Tropico vs. Pre-UV vs. true UV outtakes. She recorded so much so quickly and they were all in consideration anyway ... even HM isย difficult to separate outtakes out for,ย sinceย she basically never stopped recording in such a ย shortย time period. ย Organizingย 2012-2015 into 3+ different projects... Too difficult ๐Ÿ˜‚ย 

ย 

California

Living Legend

Cult Leader

Dark City

Unidentified Flying Bill

Dragonslayer

Nectar Of The Gods

West Coast (Demo)

I Talk To Jesus

Fine China

Say Yes To Heaven (Demo 2)

Cherry Blossom

Angels Forever, Forever Angels

ย 

+ Summer Wine

+ Chelsea Hotel No. 2

+ Summertime (Mitchell Cover)

ย 

ย 

theres your trans amย :nails:

ย 

and as far as tropicoย ย EP I am betting

ย 

Black Leather Moonlight

JFK

You & The Sun

Starry Eyed

were all originally intended for that

ย 

ย 

ย 

7 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

ย 

California

Living Legend

Cult Leader

Dark City

Unidentified Flying Bill

Dragonslayer

Nectar Of The Gods

West Coast (Demo)

I Talk To Jesus

Say Yes To Heaven (Demo 2)

Cherry Blossom

Angels Forever, Forever Angels

ย 

ย 

theres your trans amย :nails:

ย 

ย 

Black Leather Moonlight

JFK

You & The Sun

Starry Eyed

ย 

which leaves

ย 

Your Girl

Piano Theme

Morricone

Fine China

SYTH โ€Aurebachโ€™sโ€ย Version

as Early UV?

for tropico EP there were only I Talk to Jesus Paradise version, Money Power Glory late 2012 version and Black beauty confirmed, none of that songs were never confirmed to be on tropico

2 hours ago, kaliuchis said:

I just like to pretend Paradise couldโ€™ve been a full record and if it was it would be her best or at least her top 3

ย 

Honestly this...

ย 

01. Ride

02. Angels Forever, Forever Angels

03. Hollywood

04. American

05. Cola

06. Body Electric

07. Gods And Monsters

08. Yayo

09. Burning Desire

10. Guns And Roses

11. Black Beauty

12. Bel Air

ย 

13. Young And Beautiful (Bonus Track)

The leaked mixes of JFK, Tonight andย Hollywood were done with demos of Young and Beautiful,ย American and Body Electricย by July 2012 so can be considered as from the Paradise sessions. Hollywood was then further worked on in 2013 and so you could argue its an Ultraviolence scrap too. Not sure what date Starry Eyed is.ย 

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

10 minutes ago, Unknown said:

The leaked mixes of JFK, Tonight andย Hollywood were done with demos of Young and Beautiful,ย American and Body Electricย by July 2012 so can be considered as from the Paradise sessions. Hollywood was then further worked on in 2013 and so you could argue its an Ultraviolence scrap too. Not sure what date Starry Eyed is.ย 

absolute supremacy omg thank u so much:lange::oprah4::defeated::rollin:

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

Now that's a plot twist omg?!ย 
ย 

I wonder where people got the December date for Hollywoodย from :deadbanana:

๐•€ ๐•”๐•๐• ๐•ค๐•– ๐•ž๐•ช ๐•–๐•ช๐•–๐•ค, ๐•’๐•ฅ ๐•Ÿ๐•š๐•˜๐•™๐•ฅ ๐•€ ๐•จ๐•š๐•ค๐•™ ๐•ฅ๐•  ๐•ฃ๐•š๐•ค๐•– ๐•—๐•ฃ๐• ๐•ž ๐•’๐•๐• ๐•ฅ๐•™๐•– ๐••๐•ฆ๐•ค๐•ฅ

This made me realise that for a lot of her albums sheโ€™s written them and then basically shelved it and rewritten most, if not all of the record.ย 
BTD we had tons of outtakes and demos

UV we basically had a completely different album we couldโ€™ve gotten, Iโ€™d say the same with LFL.

I wonder if that explains the dip in quality of her last 2 albums?ย 
i know there was originally โ€œrock candy sweetโ€ but I feel like we just ended up missing out on what was intended as the title track, and got most if not all of the other stuff intended for RCS

ย 

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gifย :beyonce:

On 9/2/2018 at 2:16 PM, partymonster said:

a while ago i saw a thread on twitter along the lines of how there was supposedly another album recorded before ultraviolence and it would apparently include JFK, angels forever and the old version of black beauty. i don't know if i remember correctly but does anyone know if this was even true lolย 

super late and someone probably already told u but this is tropico, it was rumoredly supposed to be its own album before being shortened down to a 4 track ep & movie iirc

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

looking thru this thread i am superr late to that comment:toofunny:

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

ย 

Black Leather Moonlight

JFK

You & The Sun

Starry Eyed

iโ€™d probably add I Donโ€™t Wanna Go since it was a paradise reject and itโ€™s from the same general time period - she loves reusing her outtakes lol

ย 5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

iโ€™d probably add I Donโ€™t Wanna Go since it was a paradise reject and itโ€™s from the same general time period - she loves reusing her outtakes lol

I just call IDWG Black Leather Moonlightย :true:

My theory (from my thoughts and what we have info about) is that she wanted the followup ofย BTD to be a full album with the Paradise tracks + the early UV songs and name it Tropico (I think honeymouns said this) but the label rushed her toย rerelease BTD insteadย with fewer songsย and that's what we got (and that's probably why she didn't record all the songs until after Pย release)

ย 

She released the Tropico EP just to use the name and get her wayย and since BB, JFK & co. leaked she scrapped the whole concept and moved on to the final UV

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

Starry Eyed follows the same structure asย  Tonight/JFK so it is mostly a Paradise outtake

I have a feeling all of these were considered for UV and not for Paradise as she recorded a lot of mixes for them.