partymonster

LDR Album Process Discussion

Of course! I'm a hardcore Lana stan and I'm obviously always up for some more music, but that doesn't change the fact that Ultraviolence as it is as a final product changed my life for the better and shaped a lot of the best things that has happened to me

Same here! But who knows, maybe back then that same sentiment would have been shared with the original Ultraviolence, just a thought  :crai:

R5sPD4M.jpg

I've wondered if she was talking of that one or Hollywood's Dead, but I think that she has talked about the both of them if I'm not mistaken

I believe Hollywoods Dead was brought up but she was talking solely about Hollywood

But Hollywood's Dead also leaked with the "wrong production" since we only have the demo

R5sPD4M.jpg

I've wondered if she was talking of that one or Hollywood's Dead, but I think that she has talked about the both of them if I'm not mistaken

Yeah she did talk about both ib that live stream, but i think it was only the wrong production of Hollywood, but she did say how much she loved Hollywoods Dead i think

Didn't Lana also say she re-shot the artwork for the album once the direction changed, or am I making that up? Or was this for a different album?

I remember in like January or February 2014 she twitter dm'd some fans saying the album was done and it was so dark

She also said in one of the DMs that she had shot the cover with Chuck and then we got the cover shot by Neil.

However you could be thinking of Honeymoon, cause she posted this after the backlash from the album cover

"Initially we had a shoot for the cover a week before this day. The pictures were perfect but something was missing. Maybe it was the need for movement and motion or the search for a single frame that felt extra graphic. When Neil, Chuck, Stella and I took an adventure through Bel Air by way of speeding Sunset Boulevard in a topless bus, something just clicked - and then we got those gorgeous frames all three of us were looking for."

which implies she had another cover in mind, so its possible both honeymoon and uv had different covers planned

so its possible both honeymoon and uv had different covers planned

I'm sure the original UV album cover was the one with lighter used on the Billboards and then the shot by Neil with Lana holding a rose was supposedly the original HM cover... 

The original cover for UV is speculated to be that chuck photo. This photoshoot is speculated to be the original honeymoon shoot

tumblr_ny7e3waMcN1sm3feno2_1280.jpg

gallery-1449691660-5-lana-del-rey-honeym

Oh we were robbed! wtf was she thinking with that god awful tour bus cover wtf. Even the UO cover isn’t that great cause she looks angry as fuk.

I love Lana but she is not a cover queen. I’ve never been impressed with any of heralbum covers, maybe the exception of Paradise. Even her single covers are miles better than the album covers.

Oh and what was the Chuck shot for UV?

I could be wrong and I haven’t read all the above replies but if I remember correctly, the Untouchable 5 were from the UV Version 1 album and she changed a lot (including adding West Coast and a few other tracks with Aurbachs touches) but she felt upset and even at one point threatened not to make another record because of the leak. I think she said she didn’t want to finish it and was going to shelf it and I guess she happened to have met Dan A. around the time and she re-wrote some songs, which could mean Ultraviolence was meant to be a different sounding track more along the lines of FMWUTTT (because of the hidden backing vocals from that song).

Wasn’t Hollywood and Hollywood’s Dead from around the same time frame? Hollywood was for Paradise but I don’t remember what Hollywood’s Dead was for...

I’ve always wished this whole album collection would leak of all the original album tracks

Oh we were robbed! wtf was she thinking with that god awful tour bus cover wtf. Even the UO cover isn’t that great cause she looks angry as fuk.

I love Lana but she is not a cover queen. I’ve never been impressed with any of heralbum covers, maybe the exception of Paradise. Even her single covers are miles better than the album covers.Oh and what was the Chuck shot for UV?

The tour bus was meant to show the album as a concept. The meaning was that she’s observing people through the entire album (why TLY is named in 3rd person) and why it’s called Honeymoon, yet she’s never been on one. It was to give the album a story without her saying it

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

That fan concept makes no sense at all, nor does it describe any story. Sorry.

Oh let’s disagree to look edgy!

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

I don't get the hate agaisnt Honeymoon cover. Honestly, apart the official "font", the picture itself is iconic. The starmovie car... it's just... like It felt genius.

I never knew about the other 2 photos above and well... They're bland as hell. Kinda makes me fele of ultraviolence in colors.

I love Lana but she is not a cover queen. I’ve never been impressed with any of heralbum covers, maybe the exception of Paradise. Even her single covers are miles better than the album covers.Oh and what was the Chuck shot for UV?

The chuck shot was the one with the cigarette and lighter

lilkimxchapelle.png