Elle

Lana to release two new songs: ‘Mariners Apartment Complex’ & ‘Venice Bitch’ (out next week)

hm okay this is probably dumb but the Apple keynote is on Wednesday... and last year, "13 Beaches" was promoted in an Apple Watch Series 3 ad

and I don't actually know which point I'm trying to make here

and maybe the songs aren't even going to be that radio friendly

I don't know, just some crazy thought, forget what I just said

But Lana has always been more of an album artist, the only songs she tends to release that aren't part of an album are official soundtracks for films (e.g. Y&B, OUAD).

She has been, but maybe she's just trying something different now. It can be frustrating just making stuff for it to be sat around waiting for an album release.

I heard somewhere that the music industry is changing a bit when it comes to releasing music, that it's becoming more important to release singles instead of whole albums since streaming has become such a big thing these days. Maybe she's just trying that in case these songs wouldn't be for an album?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I wonder how similar the 2 songs she's releasing will be in terms of sound? Like maybe this one is more folky but I wonder how the other one is? I can't wait to listen to these omg. Gonna be a long week

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Do you guys think that MAC could be (a reworked version of) Yosemite and the other song she's going to release is BAR/Architecture? 

if MAC is a rework of Yosemite (which title wise would be criminal seeing how Yosemite is an amazing title) then it would make sense seeing how she said Yosemite and BAR were a ying and yang to each other.

man I am so impatient

like a virgin!

haha

what lol...

Sky Ferreira / FKA Twigs / Lana Del Rey / Charli XCX / Angel Olsen / Bat For Lashes / Selena Gomez / Roisin Murphy / Hannah Diamond / Rihanna