Sign in to follow this  
Lana De Los Reyes

Mariners Apartment Complex

Did anyone catch what she said when she explained the song

She said she was walking in venice with her boyfriend - I think going to his friends apartment at the time and he said something about how they were both broken and sad and thats how they were meant for each other but she disagreed with him and said she wasn't sad and why would he think that.

I wonder who it was, probably Barrie James O'Neill? he always seems very depressed plus he lived in Venice I think so it would make sense if they walked from his apartment to "The Mariners Apartments" at Marina Del Rey? who knows though.

SHE=HE

The single best song since and the continuation since Coachella

Leonard Cohen would be 84 years old  Sept.21

#1 on the best New Alternative iTunes

#3 Alternative iTunes

Rising to #17  on the 100 iTunes (all as of 6pm eastern 3pm Pacific).

The urgency in the full song is = Coachella (with a dash of LOVE thrown in)

reminding again of Full Norton & Don't let me be misunderstood

and would love a duet/mash-up with Elton John

Mariner's /Someone saved my life tonight

with both singing

"And butterflies are free to fly

Fly Away

So fucking high away

Bye-Bye

(or Empty Garden or dare I say IMAGINE?)

Is this the 

Best

Song

Ever?

the streak continues

She once again is talking metaphysically to those kiddies to stick around and continue the RIDE.

btw, I hear 100% HER  I hear 0% Jack.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Did anyone catch what she said when she explained the song

the full quote according to Genius:

"The song is about this time I took a walk late at night with a guy I was seeing, and we stopped in front his friend’s apartment complex, and he put his hand around my shoulder, and he said “I think we are together because we’re both similar, like we’re both really messed up” and I thought it was the saddest thing I’d ever heard. And I said, “I’m not sad, I didn’t know that’s why you thought you were relating to me on that level, I’m actually doing pretty good”. And he was upset, and that’s when I wrote the song. I thought, I had to do so many times, where you know like I had to sort of step on that role where I was showing the way and I was sort of being the brighter light. But that’s why it’s so cool that you’re playing it. ‘Cause I thought that I’d just put it out and it would be one of those things that I’d put out just to have there for myself, but it’s cool being able to share it with people too."

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

They mistook my kindness for weakness
I fucked up, I know that, but Jesus
Can't a girl just do the best she can?

i told y'all she wrote this about me.

But truly the guardian interview obviously messed her up p badly, it's nice that she can respond to it in her own medium.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

But truly the guardian interview obviously messed her up p badly, it's nice that she can respond to it in her own medium.

Wasn't that what High By The Beach is

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Wasn't that what High By The Beach is

I think that was more reactionary and based in anger and frustration. MAC is more meditative and cathartic.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

SHE=HE

The single best song since and the continuation since Coachella

Leonard Cohen would be 84 years old  Sept.21

#1 on the best New Alternative iTunes

#3 Alternative iTunes

Rising to #17  on the 100 iTunes (all as of 6pm eastern 3pm Pacific).

The urgency in the full song is = Coachella (with a dash of LOVE thrown in)

reminding again of Full Norton & Don't let me be misunderstood

and would love a duet/mash-up with Elton John

Mariner's /Someone saved my life tonight

with both singing

"And butterflies are free to fly

Fly Away

So fucking high away

Bye-Bye

(or Empty Garden or dare I say IMAGINE?)

Is this the 

Best

Song

Ever?

the streak continues

She once again is talking metaphysically to those kiddies to stick around and continue the RIDE.

btw, I hear 100% HER  I hear 0% Jack.

giphy.gif

except the coachella thing but wow your mind

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

The lyrics here are really just amazing. Some of the best she has written, especially here recently. I love how she kind of reworked the lyrics from Yes To Heaven where she mentions the barge at sea and here she mentions commanding your boat. I don't know this song makes me think about that one quite a bit. It's always so nice to see how her lyrics grow and change and evolve on different tracks, truly beautiful.

A reporter made a story out of Lana saying she wished she was dead already. She opened up to him thinking that he wouldn’t share some of the things she said and he took advantage of her naivete. She’s claimed it was out of context and that he positioned himself as a fan and that she could trust him basically.

You can look it up and read his story!

Also she really opens up a bit more about it in the recording of her Pitchfork interview from last year. It’s a great listen if you haven’t heard it before.

Do you have a link for this Pitchfork interview?

the full quote according to Genius:

"The song is about this time I took a walk late at night with a guy I was seeing, and we stopped in front his friend’s apartment complex, and he put his hand around my shoulder, and he said “I think we are together because we’re both similar, like we’re both really messed up” and I thought it was the saddest thing I’d ever heard. And I said, “I’m not sad, I didn’t know that’s why you thought you were relating to me on that level, I’m actually doing pretty good”. And he was upset, and that’s when I wrote the song. I thought, I had to do so many times, where you know like I had to sort of step on that role where I was showing the way and I was sort of being the brighter light. But that’s why it’s so cool that you’re playing it. ‘Cause I thought that I’d just put it out and it would be one of those things that I’d put out just to have there for myself, but it’s cool being able to share it with people too."

Proof that this song is just a one-off and won't be on the album?

Yupp! Funny how fans yesterday were so quick to denounce a Guardian interview reference in the song lol.

Well I sure as hell ain't believing in those posters in the future!!! lol

#9 on iTunes  :D

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I’m trying to connect the chorus to the verses. She’s obviously singing about herself to another in the verses, but is she singing from her own point of view in the chorus as well, or does she switch to another’s POV? The “I’m your man” bit throws me off, unless that’s supposed to be the man she’s singing to. Maybe I’m looking way too deeply into it? Interested to hear others’ interpretations.

giphy-1.gif 

I’m trying to connect the chorus to the verses. She’s obviously singing about herself to another in the verses, but is she singing from her own point of view in the chorus as well, or does she switch to another’s POV? The “I’m your man” bit throws me off, unless that’s supposed to be the man she’s singing to. Maybe I’m looking way too deeply into it? Interested to hear others’ interpretations.

It's cause she's above him. She's the stable one.

same but it kinda gives me hope seeing how she grew from where she was during btd and uv

Same!! Like I’m not quite there yet. I’m still in a LFL/HM/UV mindset. I’ve progressed with Lana, but lately it seems I’m not quite as fulfilled as her which sucks.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif