Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Mariners Apartment Complex - VIDEO OUT NOW

I think it's because MAC isn't the lead single and I don't think a release for it was planned... Lana said herself that she didn't expect the song to be played on radio and that she just put it out for herself, so she probably saw an opportunity with the scrapped HIAB music video and made us a little visual. I'm expecting the real music videos to begin with Venice Bitch.

...lmao anyways

anyways life is tough for dog

I think it's because MAC isn't the lead single and I don't think a release for it was planned... Lana said herself that she didn't expect the song to be played on radio and that she just put it out for herself, so she probably saw an opportunity with the scrapped HIAB music video and made us a little visual. I'm expecting the real music videos to begin with Venice Bitch.

some friends of mine that are lana stans (not hard stans or aren't into social media) didn't even knew that she was releasing a song lmaoo im doing promo for this bitch for FREE

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

same this is just something that came up 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

Beautiful song... but a meh vidéo. I get the minimalist approach, but to shoot that one besides electrical fences ?!?? Is that the only spot for butterflies in California?!?!

I’m glad we didn’t get the Cherry video after all, since she wanted to do it herself with Chuck (for the record, I am not a Chuck hater, I love her pictures for the records and her previous work, but that setting is so wrong)

Honestly hope ur right. The music really saves the video, but it feels more like something you'd have playing in the background for atmosphere than it being the atmosphere if that makes sense. 

Either way, I can appreciate the aesthetic that's behind it

UV/Honeymoon

The video sort of makes sense. Lana is hanging out by a transformer and playing with butterflies, a symbol of transformation.

The rocky island may symbolize an individual ego, hard and stable but perhaps also lonely, and Lana is the ocean that keeps pestering him with her waves. :um: 

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

How did you guys know the video is reused? Was there a teaser of HIAB released?

I'm so impressed with people who can read lips, I can never do that....

Also the song is great, perfect for a rainy September. Love it very much and looking forward to the next singles and LDR6. 

i am nothing and should be everything

I doubt it, it's too hard to top UV

I mean I think she did top UV both vocally and lyrically with Honeymoon. She managed to create an atmosphere and it is her most concise record to date. I do love Ultraviolence and how that shift from Born To Die allowed her to be less "pop" but personally I think her best work is Honeymoon. 

Let's hope LDR6 is her new peak.

most boring video from her ever.

I NEVER thought I would say this but even the Ultraviolence video is better, holy f*ck EVEN ULTRAVIOLENCE IS BETTER. how that's possible? don't ask me 'cause i don't know either

original.gif