Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Summer's done and there's definitely a Change, I hope she doesn't scrap the whole thing two months away from release date  :toofunny:

She's not Azealia we should be fine :creep:

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I personally love that logo and always have, since Video Games (although I do like the block letter logo used up until Lust For Life) - it's most likely just because the visuals, logos and album cover haven't been finalised yet?

i just realised she always has used this logo :facepalm: but i just remember the ugly version of lfl one. sorry :toofunny:

When was the first time we’ve heard about Bartender? Bc I’m convinced that Jack produced this song since we know she’s been working with him for a long time now

She mentioned it January of this year (working with Jack since December 2017) at the Grammy awards, at that time it didn't belong to a record but hopefully it will make an appearance.

So Happiness Is A Butterfly was a fully formed song in March and we're assuming the Mariners Apartment Complex visual is repurposed footage from the HIAB music video?

I wonder what made her change her mind about the release? Assuming that if she was still intending to release the track, the video would have been released at a later date, kinda like when High By The Beach replaced Music To Watch Boys To as the lead single from Honeymoon.

Since she unarchived the snippet on Instagram I think it is likely that that track will appear on the record, but presumably it's been reworked... Lyrically it doesn't seem on par with MAC.

We werent sure about the album being even DECENT but now i’m pretty sure its gonna be one of her best works

And a lyrical masterpiece^

We?

I think all her albums are more than decent.

giphy.gif

I just wanted to say that

- dog told you all that jack antonoff was a blessing

- dog knew about winter album

- perhaps dog isn't an insider but dog is a psych this is so powerful

dog love u

anyway

beautiful song xxxxxxoxx LFL IS DEAD BTW

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

When was the first time we’ve heard about Bartender? Bc I’m convinced that Jack produced this song since we know she’s been working with him for a long time now

at the Grammys. Don't remember though if we knew already that Jack was involved. 

We?

I think all her albums are more than decent.

I also think that all her albums are of great quality...

We werent sure about the album being even DECENT

That being said, Lust For Life had some questionable lyrical and production choices (for me personally) - songs like Coachella, God Bless America and BPBP didn't meet the standards of her earlier work, again this is just my opinion aha. Then of course Happiness Is A Butterfly was teased and again, personally I felt that the track seemed weak compared to her other albums.

Hearing full version I hear 100% Elizabeth Grant (Lana Del Rey)  and 0% Jack.

But hey, I heard Ultraviolence as 100% Elizabeth Grant (Lana Del Rey) and 0% Dan (and Dan said it was 100% Lana).

A great continuation

tbc

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

The Grammys, February I think.

I hope she includes Sylvia and Bartender, i'm soooo curious to hear Sylvia.

I liked MAC, but maybe I need to listen more times to catch it's vibe. I's a good song but idk it seems so different from everything Lana gaves us before

original.gif