Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

God i hope this era is full of natural imagery and greens, it would bring out her eyes so much

i wonder what the flower of the era will be too?

I don't know why but I'm seeing something evergreen (as a metaphor) so maybe something like ivy? (obviously not a flower) I really am excited to see the visual direction she takes with this record. 

When Lana drops a lead i'm ALWAYS afraid that I won't like the album, this happens since Honeymoon

:icant:

I really hope she don't go the rural country-folk road from AKA. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Yayo and Kill Kill, but this doesn't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL

original.gif

I really hope one day we get a documentary or book from Lana herself to talk about her career, it's interesting to me that she spent so many years constructing the persona of Lana Del Rey (lyrically, sonically and visually) to gradually take it apart record-by-record and eventually return to her natural self. I'd love to know the thought processes and reasoning behind it all...

When Lana drops a lead i'm ALWAYS afraid that I won't like the album, this happens since Honeymoon

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Yayo and Kill Kill, but this doesn't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL

I think the only lead single I haven't immediately connected to or enjoyed was Love, even when it leaked I was hoping it wasn't the lead and just an album track haha. And I wouldn't worry about Lana going country (just yet), this is very much in the same vein as her other works, almost a hybrid of them all (unreleased included).

about Sylvia... I've been thinking lately about that song, that she mentioned it to fans at one or two of her shows... but has anyone recorded her mentioning Sylvia? 

I don't think there is any proof of Sylvia existing, just word of mouth at this point. However I believe multiple fans who attended the show that night mentioned it and that's why it became credible.

I think the only lead single I haven't immediately connected to or enjoyed was Love, even when it leaked I was hoping it wasn't the lead and just an album track haha. And I wouldn't worry about Lana going country (just yet), this is very much in the same vein as her other works, almost a hybrid of them all (unreleased included).

That's why i'm afraid, bc this kind of songs don't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL, from the Lana Del Rey persona. I hope the album have songs with more production, more instruments, like her previous works

original.gif

This is what LFL should have been

LFL was way too ambitious. The acoustic part of it kinda got tossed away and this is now a part of MAC.

As much as people hate LFL, it was a necessary album. I loved HM. Still is my fave from her, but to transition directly from HM into the sounds of MAC (even if I love them), it would have been a «too easy transition» between the two. We needed LFL's big production, all in major tones, in order to return to calmer seas (lol). 

That's why i'm afraid, bc this kind of songs don't match anything we heard from BTD to LFL, from the Lana Del Rey persona. I hope the album have songs with more production, more instruments, like her previous works

Part of me is glad that this doesn't sound like anything from BTD to LFL, cos that shows artistic growth, however I think the Lana Del Rey persona has been getting slowly removed from every project since Ultraviolence and it is inevitable at this point... I understand your concern but just embrace it, she's finally comfortable enough to be herself and explore new things and no longer feels like she has to hide behind a persona or character. The sentiments of the songs are very much the same, just a new perspective.

im kinda shocked at the amount of fans that seem to be worried about her losing the LDR persona, i'm personally here for it

in fact, i think this may have been her plan all along

believe me i'd be so scalped if she ever released anything under lizzy/elizabeth grant

i feel like she's grown up a lot since 2012, and now she sees music as less of a time to play dress-up and pretend life is a movie, and realizes it to be her truest outlet for explicit self-expression and emotional honesty

This!!!! I'm here for her shedding the persona. It's gradually happening. She is def in a diff place than when she first started. You really just summarized it so nicely.

omg we made it back to our homeshore, i missed the official pre-release shenanigans, it's wild that we actually have a complete date for Jan 2019  :defeated: it's insane to think she'll technically have not dropped an album in "2" years when this new record comes out

do y'all remember THAT fucked week of May  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: oh my god and the album release i---

i hope she goes back to the old LDR font but i feel like she won't, Lana as a character- even the one found in HM- feels dead, I wouldn't be surprised if we see the LFL font & an entirely new cover photo setup

LFL was way too ambitious. The acoustic part of it kinda got tossed away and this is now a part of MAC.

As much as people hate LFL, it was a necessary album. I loved HM. Still is my fave from her, but to transition directly from HM into the sounds of MAC (even if I love them), it would have been a «too easy transition» between the two. We needed LFL's big production, all in major tones, in order to return to calmer seas (lol). 

I just love LFL and every aspect from it, it's my fave Lana album after Ultraviolence, the whole project, the whole production, everything's perfect.

It's just a shame she practically threw eveything on the garbage, she could've done some BEAUTIFUL music videos (or a short film) for the politic part of the album

original.gif

I really liked MAC and I’m really shocked and impressed. I didn’t think I’d like it and I am fucking here for it. The UV vibes, the OG lizzy sound.

Also am I the only one who gets disappointed hearing who she’s working with (Dan A, Jack Antonoff) just to be pleasently surprised when the music is actually delivered? I had low expectations because I don’t care for Jack Antonoff but turned out to love it and the same happened with UV when I heard about Dan Aurbach

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole