Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I just need better visuals for these masterpieces. The cover of VB is literally a picture I could have taken with my phone if I went to LA. I wanna see her serving Venice vibes

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

It's gonna be hard for retail stores with that album title aswell lol. They'll probably put a sticker over the swear word or a cardboard sleeve like you get on some CD's. Better yet a textless album cover with the title on the spine of the case might be better.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I wonder if this new album is about all her exes...

MAC is about a guy who said that she was fucked up and sad thouigh she wasn't (many stated it could be Barrie).
VB brings back the writer boyfriend seen in UV"s Is This Happiness.
The title track is about a guy who is vainly calling himself an artist all the time (could it be about G-Eazy? Don't know the guy, but he seems kinda cocky).

Since all her tltle tracks reflect the album and the atmosphere, maybe this is why she chose that track?

I wanna put some fucking hilarious gifs here but I don't know how to work this fucking site so lemme just say

didn't like VB at first. now i do. 

...and that's the tea on that

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Honestly, I think this is her best song. 

Ultraviolence is shook.

Off to the Races was found dead.

Summertime Sadness can't find her wig.

Honeymoon is dead and buried.

Lust for Life is no longer with us.

Cherry choked.

Brooklyn Baby had a heart attack.

High By The Beach was killed.

Shades of Cool fell off a cliff.

Even West Coast drowned.

Fuck. Venice Bitch really did that.

Ultraviolence is shook.

Cherry choked.

Even West Coast drowned.

West Coast is FINE sweetie don't even try it

FzytWEW.png

Ultraviolence is shook.

Cherry choked.

Even West Coast drowned.

Off To The Races is FINE sweetie, don't even try it.

This being said, I absolutely love Venice fucking Bitch.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I'd like to just take a second to shout out and thank the piloting instructor who made Lana question her self-trust, thank you. She seems so self assured, confident, unwavering, and focused with this album thus far. It's a beautiful thing and I'm totally here for it.

I will have to listen to VB again. It probably is a grower. I don't think it's a bad song, but I don't think it compares to past work. I love how clear her voice sounded in MAC, and then in VB I can barely hear her (I suppose that was the idea though). The instrumental sounds sort of random and like it's just filling space.

Help me love this song :(

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

I will have to listen to VB again. It probably is a grower. I don't think it's a bad song, but I don't think it compares to past work. I love how clear her voice sounded in MAC, and then in VB I can barely hear her (I suppose that was the idea though). The instrumental sounds sort of random and like it's just filling space.

Help me love this song :(

You just have to repat the song over and over until you get lost in the music and see the light. ;)

Not sure if anyone really cares, but Mariners Apartment Complex is in two playlist of two of Sweden's biggest newspapers.

Dagens Nyheter, "This week's best new songs, week 37": https://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/har-ar-veckans-basta-latar-v-37-1/

Aftonbladet gave it a 4 out of 5. "This week's singles": https://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/musik/a/p6eK0j/veckans-singlar-antifascism-och-pumpor

"Mariners Apartment Complex is vintage Del Rey, a slow ballad with well chosen pop references. This time, the lyrics contains references to Elton John's 'Candle in the wind' and Leonard Cohen's 'I'm your man'. As long as it sounds like Lana Del Rey is singing about being a 'Venice bitch' through a several centimeters thick fog of cigarette smoke, there's really no reason to listen to anything else."

Have you read any reviews in your countries?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

can't get over this shift. god. in twenty years' time, musicheads will be writing/giving virtual reality TED talks about how del rey's trajectory changed forever with Venice Bitch...  :mariah: 
MAC/VB reminds me of the beatles and their movement from pop/boyband into experimental, daredevil territory. it's probably already been said, but still. 
honestly i could see the bulk of the album going so many different places!! which is so exciting!! VB is spiritual and airy and refreshing as fuck- it's the loosest production than she's done since, like, Disco. i'm not sure i want collabs on the album- the songs she does have with other ppl usually sound better without them.

tumblr_lj6u4h4gsC1qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif