Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

has she ever name-dropped so many people/names/songs in an era/album before? Norman Fucking Rockwell as an album is shaping up to be incredibly referential, but I can't quite put my finger on the purpose behind it. *(Taking into account Architecture/Yos/RBFY/SFFSH/HBB for funsies)

Public Figures:

Slim Aarons

Norman Rockwell

Sylvia Plath

Hank Williams

[Father John Misty]

Led Zeppelin*

Names:

John

Joe

Jim

Bill*

Other Songs/Records:

Houses of the Holy*

Fear Fun

Crimson & Clover

Yosemite

Serial Killer

Venice Bitch

Norman Rockwell

obviously she's been really referential, and many of her lyrics can be seen as take-aways from popular books or classic songs- but these just feel so much more blunt & purposeful. It isn't her making a sly reference to Robert Frost w/ 'Nothing gold can stay'; she's directly referencing photographers, authors, poets, painters, her other songs by name w/ intention of connecting them. i don't know, something about it this time around feels different.

has she ever name-dropped so many people/names/songs in an era/album before? Norman Fucking Rockwell as an album is shaping up to be incredibly referential, but I can't quite put my finger on the purpose behind it. *(Taking into account Architecture/Yos/RBFY/SFFSH/HBB for funsies)

Public Figures:

Slim Aarons

Norman Rockwell

Sylvia Plath

Hank Williams

[Father John Misty]

Led Zeppelin*

Names:

John

Joe

Jim

Bill*

Other Songs/Records:

Houses of the Holy*

Fear Fun

Crimson & Clover

Yosemite

Serial Killer

Venice Bitch

Norman Rockwell

obviously she's been really referential, and many of her lyrics can be seen as take-aways from popular books or classic songs- but these just feel so much more blunt & purposeful. It isn't her making a sly reference to Robert Frost w/ 'Nothing gold can stay'; she's directly referencing photographers, authors, poets, painters, her other songs by name w/ intention of connecting them. i don't know, something about it this time around feels different.

Sadly I didn't enjoy the 2 new songs we heard tonight :-( im sittin here still waiting for her to come through with another masterpiece w Jack's production

The "blue" song really is horrid.

At first I was hoping it was just a random cover of some ancient song so it won't be on the record.

Norman Fucking Rockwell tracklist leaked!

1. 13 Ranches

2. Young & Yee Haw

3. Million Dollar Ranch

4. Guns and Horses

5. Music To Watch Cowboys To

6. Venice, Texas Bitch

7. Behind Closed Barn Doors

8. Queen of the Rodeo

9. Beautiful Tractors, Beautiful Problems

10. Happiness is Fishing

11. Back to the Stables

12. Blue Ribbon Mustang

13. The Cows Never Came

14. In My Britches

15. Get Fried

What did they sound like?

just her and a guitar; her voice had more uumph and twang so it's the most "country" she's been since AKA.

Hey Blue Baby is probably the fastest song she's ever had since OttR- semi-repetitive, the bridge is wild since she rarely ever sings like that

Stupid for whatever is a ballad, nothing special but nothing terrible

i think if people just look at these as cute standalone tracks she made in a few days just to get creativity flowing/to have fun- they wouldn't be so uppitidy about them. i like em

Country?

Fucking hell kill me.

Ya’ll can keep this, i’ll happily take LFL.

tumblr_pj6cozbRdM1ujvgu9_540.gif

shut ur mouth

I'm laughing so hard at your reactions, guys. What don't you understand in "she made those songs for fun"?

Edit: and they won't be on the album. And if Lana changes her mind, we'll get the songs with the exceptional production of Mr Jack Antonoff.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~