Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I could never imagine Lana being a country singer, just... no. But those songs were kinda catchy to be honest... :rip:

So do I like them because they’re actually ok or because it’s Lana? :creep:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I could never imagine Lana being a country singer, just... no. But those songs were kinda catchy to be honest... :rip:

So do I like them because they’re actually ok or because it’s Lana? :creep:

Well, the lesser of evils would b bc it's Lana :krylie: I just can't do it w that kind of country music. It just genuinely makes me feel uncomfortable idk why  :crai:

UV/Honeymoon

Sylvia will be one of the best, bookmark me. 

I'll remember this and come after you if it isn't; though I do agree with you

giphy.gif

Why is everyone so against country? There's actually some good country out there like Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, Townes Van Zandt, Johnny Cash etc. Some of you really need to broaden your genres. It's not all about pop and indie.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Why is everyone so against country? There's actually some good country out there like Dolly Parton, Bob Dylan, Townes Van Zandt, Johnny Cash etc. Some of you really need to broaden your genres. It's not all about pop and indie.

Especially considering she started out doing the May Jailer songs etc. It's not like we haven't heard Lana like this before, yes I wasn't expecting it - but I'd much rather have Hey Blue Baby than say another trap / hip hop track.

Some people have like a phobia of Country music for some reason, I think a lot of it can be good although I dont listen to it much. Like these songs

I'm here for the evolution of LDR. There is nothing wrong with Americana and I feel like Lana is free to dabble in whatever she wants to. That sound is making a comeback lately, so it seems fitting for Lana to tap into it. Personally, I was f'ing blown away with both tracks from her performance last night. I hope both tracks will be on NFR tbh

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

I just don’t like country that much, I pretty much only enjoy a few Cash songs. :noparty: But I’ve thought of giving Dylan a chance too because his name is pretty big so I thought I need to educate myself, haha...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I think Lana doing country or incorporating it would feel much more organic than say Joanne or Rainbow etc. I dunno, something feels different.

Like even in her visuals, the Ride video would play beautifully over Hey Blue Baby.

I love Dolly and don't mind country for other artists but when it comes to Lana Del Rey it's just a no from me fam, everything that she's done with the folk/country genre has been so stagnant and uninspired (However Fine China is a masterpiece and one of the only songs in that genre I love from her)

I'm not asking for lana to become a pop girl but country/folk is not exciting to me.. maybe it's because I'm not american and I can't connect to it but it's just why go country when there's grunge and rock..

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

I'm for sure not against Lana veering into a different territory but I understand the immediate backlash against country. It's not really a genre Lana's fanbase is interested in and its not really something people want to hear from her. There's a lot of good country but the majority of it is really fucking bad, but that doesn't mean Lana's iteration of it will be 

I'm scared she'll try to incorporate them into NFR and it will be a incohesive MESS ! She has 4 months to fuck this album up..let's hope she stays on track.

With Jack on the record too, I don't think he'd want Lana to make some cobbled together mess of a song that was made in 3 minutes and put it on the album. He seems to have a really strong sense of direction with all his works and even if I don't like some of his work, it rarely sounds rushed

With Jack on the record too, I don't think he'd want Lana to make some cobbled together mess of a song that was made in 3 minutes and put it on the album. He seems to have a really strong sense of direction with all his works and even if I don't like some of his work, it rarely sounds rushed

Yeah he definitely seems to be more assertive than Daddy Rick.