Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Posted about her comment regarding the “black narcissist” line in the Sylvia thread, but I’ll post it here too for those not active in that thread -

She posted this in response to a post by Instagram user @lanasluck discussing the “black narcissist” line -45957146624_7bca4c2be1_b.jpg45957146604_78743582cf_z.jpg

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Mark definitely lost his touch.. you can really hear the lack of his OG sound in his song with dualopa lightning or whatever it’s called.. the last few seconds he really sounds like his old self but he already gave that sound to amy .. can he come up with something else ? My guess.. no

Mark definitely lost his touch.. you can really hear the lack of his OG sound in his song with dualopa lightning or whatever it’s called.. the last few seconds he really sounds like his old self but he already gave that sound to amy .. can he come up with something else ? My guess.. no

Exactly.

Posted about her comment regarding the “black narcissist” line in the Sylvia thread, but I’ll post it here too for those not active in that thread -

I love Lana's clapbacks 

negAbhB.png

oh she annoyed!!! now we really aint getting cinnamon!!!

Why does the press release say this 

http://www.umusic.ca/press-releases/84263/

profile_pic_new_1501183736_cropped.jpeg

Sure hope they're wrong... And I sure hope that HIaDT wasn't something she gave us to «buy time» with a dragging pre-release period that wouldn't end. Especially since the music screams winter release, with its introspective narrative. 

The album’s already finished, so there must be something that’s coming if the album’s gonna be released mid-2019.

Agreed. I don’t believe that article tbh

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

the song is 100% about herself

as such-

to be quite blunt-

anyone on line that posts negativity toward someone who is sad, is possibly contributing to a really bad thing happening, and is abetting that bad thing.

Read the bio of Sylvia and especially the part of her dad.  Read the entire bio.

then think back to her championing Daniel J and the true meaning of the song Terence Loves You

Also think of Elton and Bernie and the lyrics to the Captain Fantastic song "Someone saved my life tonight"

and then there is Brian Wilson.

that's my opinion.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Can yall here the trembling in her voice after she says the iPad line... Whew Elizabeth... Hope she feels better that's all I care about

And I'm sure this has been talked about before but don't the bowery bums refer to when she was volunteering in NYC? I think black narcissist is a gorgeous way to describe herself

Also no matter how many times I hear her say "fucking" I get chills every single time idk why. Especially in such a calm song like this

ZKcaooE.png

The three singles she gave us are almost flawless. When was the last time she delivered us three perfect songs before an album? UV? 

All the singles from HM were incredible songs as well, but they worked better in the context of the album. But UV's and NFR's are excellent on their own. 

I don't understand very well the complaints about the production because I love Lana's voice so much that I'm very grateful to hear it crystal clear and not through a piece of paper iykwim you can literally hear every trembling of her voice

ZKcaooE.png