Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I thought that too earlier in the car on my way home. I was listening to it, thinking of how well she wrote it yet it also could seem simple to some. Idk it just felt so beautifully written by the end of the song and the way the lyrics switch up by the second and third chorus. I really think this record will be more well thought out with lyrically better songs than LFL for that reason. The lyrical structure of this song is just so interesting to me. I love it.

Also, she warned us with MAC. “Think about it, the darkness the deepness. All the things that make me who I am”

This album is gonna be about her. Not the beehive, not the lips, not the appealing aesthetics, not her beauty. It’s about HER.

Are you ready for it?

This album is gonna be about her. Not the beehive, not the lips, not the appealing aesthetics, not her beauty. It’s about HER.

Are you ready for it?

Poor-Internet-Connection.gif

"She’s no stranger to themes of addiction and hopelessness, but she’s never sung them with such clarity. Lana Del Rey, at her best, has always written with wisdom beyond her years, but she’s never done it this well." 

From Vulture

https://www.vulture.com/2019/01/lana-del-rey-is-writing-more-candidly-than-ever.html

Love this point the writer made

"Through her music, we know that she views the world through a prism of nostalgia and dread. She writes songs that present her as old beyond her years. As someone who has really lived a life. Yet each new album, and to some extent, each new song she releases reframes our understanding of how she sees the world. It’s what makes her an exciting artist, and it is, in a sense, what makes a song like “hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have — but i have it” so compelling."

The truth. The absolute fucking truth.

Do you smell the coffee? Are people waking up to her being one of the best contemporary songwriters we have? 

Yes. Finally.

And it's funny that it's come up that she writes as someone "old beyond her years", since my granny (who finds her music too sad lol) said that her music was "wise" and that Lana's an "old soul", and that made me feel like I have the best granny ever. 

It’s interesting how she used that line from Heroin in Sylvia because it’s really introspective in a way. Writing something on someone’s walls (“do I have to write it on your wall?”) could be her way of metaphorically speaking having to listen to her, writing on her own walls and then YOUR walls in blood. Like she wants to get a message clear with herself and also with you, whoever you is in the third chorus

Fuck this is making me think a lot.

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Do y'all ever just sit up at night thinking about the alternate universe where Black Beauty never leaked, so the untouchable 5 were on the record, Lana never wished she was dead, Ultraviolence never happened meaning she never released another guitar album after AKA, since she never released Ultraviolence, she never had any influence to go beyond pop, meaning Norman Fucking Rockwell never happened

giphy.gif

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

It’s interesting how she used that line from Heroin in Sylvia because it’s really introspective in a way. Writing something on someone’s walls (“do I have to write it on your wall?”) could be her way of metaphorically speaking having to listen to her, writing on her own walls and then YOUR walls in blood. Like she wants to get a message clear with herself and also with you, whoever you is in the third chorus

Fuck this is making me think a lot.

The ink doesn’t work on her pad, she has to write it on the fucking walls. The first two lines seem so frantic! It’s like she’s trying tell us something and no one will listen.

Wait why would the album come out mid 2019? It’s already done and mastered so it doesn’t really make sense waiting for so long. March is a reasonable time to drop it. :hottie:

Also y’all keep sleeping on the masterpiece that is White Mustang.

“Caught up in my dreams and forgetting I’ve been acting like Armageddon cause you held me in your arms just a little too tight - that’s what I thought”

Those two lines oh my god :defeated: her mind :eartha2:

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

i think its best to stop assuming that everything she posts is album related because hope is a dangerous thing to have clearly :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Yeah like her Thanksgiving pictures, when we hoped it was for a new music video or confirming Yosemite on NFR.

i find "hope is a dangerous thing" addictive. i can't stop playing. the melody is stuck in my head. :defeated:

I know! It is super haunting ! Honestly, I wasn’t that thrilled about that song from the snippet, but I love it so much now ! Then again, snippets never do justice to a song like that, telling a long story and progressing into a beautiful melody.

i find "hope is a dangerous thing" addictive. i can't stop playing. the melody is stuck in my  head. :defeated:

Same here! It’s essentially all I listened to yesterday

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

I made a mini NFR playlist and I’m getting so ready for this album, the lyrics and melodies are so beautiful argh Lana your mind

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />