Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana released a song with an instrumental equivalent of poetry night at the local high school, and the art kids RAN with it LMAO. Venice Bitch is beautiful asf, but after the crimson and clover adlibs and whatnot, there's nothing to praise as much as some of you do. Again, great song. But just bc she slapped her hands on an electric guitar for 7 minutes and moaned into the mic does NOT make it her magnum opus. Please shut up.

Y'all can go ahead and quote me and call me whatever but I remain unbothered. :oprah3: have fun girlies

Obviously quality of music is in the eye of the beholder, however to me VB has this atmosphere all the way through that 'does it for me'. To me this song is the ultimate representation of Lizzy Grant before she became Lana Del Rey.

I read on some review article for 'Venice Bitch' a comment claiming Lana has 8 collaborators for every song. Yet on Wikipedia I read Jack Antonoff as the only co-writer. However I wonder if in this industry there are other writers who get royalty checks but do not get public credits and if this is an 'industry thing'. I definitely want to believe that Lana is mostly responsible for her songwriting.

Collaborators could also mean sound engineers, people who do the mastering and mixing etc etc, it doesn't mean she has ghostwriters  :um2:  

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Collaborators could also mean sound engineers, people who do the mastering and mixing etc etc, it doesn't mean she has ghostwriters  :um2:  

No, the comment I read very much implied Lana barely writes the songs at all. That she's just a front-woman for a whole team of 'Lana Del Rey' songwriters. This would be the most unbelievable musical swindle of all time, but I just can't fathom it. You can go back to 2007 and find Lizzy Grant songs and gigs that point to what she's doing now. Of course she got financial help to get her career off the ground, but without the talent and drive it would have fizzled out by 2012.

giphy.gif

are y'all delusional? WHY are you all taking down another artist in defense of a person you never met and don't know because you feel personally attacked that nfr isn't out? are you stupid or just childish? i don't really think lana was going to 'outshine' billie's release. yes, lana does have a huge fanbase, but billie also does. and billie also has the advantage of a 'debut album' release where people might just listen to it because she's new. stop being petty for lana's sake... like i don't think that one would top the other if released on the same day, you act like people can't buy more than one album if released at the same time. and even if that were the case and they were both released as stated, billie would probably still sell more because of what i stated above. also lana still has the stigma of writing very particular music and it doesn't age well over time with the general music scene, like no one is doing it and no one really looks for it outside of expecting it from lana so what do y'all actually expect to happen? it's so sad to watch this

I can't speak on people bashing Billie but I think you've got it backwards on why people are angry about her release. We KNOW Billie would've outsold Lana if they both released at the same time, and her record label knows it too. Lana's not the threat, Billie is. This is probably why people are angry, irritated, and disappointed at the whole situation. This is LANAboards after all, you can't blame us for putting LANA first.

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

No, the comment I read very much implied Lana barely writes the songs at all. That she's just a front-woman for a whole team of 'Lana Del Rey' songwriters.

I think the only song that fits in that category is Summer Bummer :rip: ever since Born To Die she writes the songs w/ usually one other person only.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I gotta admit this has keeping me cackling omfkfdsksd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jZDE8f06U

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

sorry this is off topic to what u guys are talking about currently but i hope you're all on board w the synths in venice bitch by now i remember when it first came out yall were like it's a cute song until it sounds like i'm about to get abducted by aliens.... but it's good! :crossed: the song in general reminds me of the wish u were here album and personally i'm not that much a fan of vb... don't shoot me hjfgsjhdghj i'd just rather listen to wish you were here which is one of the best albums ever in my correct opinion. venice bitch is borderline the kind of sound i don't like at all it's just not my taste and neither is rhcp so i'm....... inch rested to hear the album lol mac is the only one i really like so far and have listened to a lot i actually would die for her

UbsOye5.png

because they're desperate for attention and would rather tease songs than release them because they know people would do alot to get certain songs e.g. like, follows, etc

:bye3:  :bye3:  :bye3:

annoying but whatever guess they can do what they want

cad25c300ac4f3707b48a8bf55654d37.gif

You know, if she really is planning another Summer release then it'll be almost a year since she dropped those "end of summer" jams and by the time the album comes out, they would've gotten very old. Lana is a strong gemini and i think after all this time, its very possible she may decide to remove the songs from the album because she's thought of more ideas. And honestly, i wouldn't be all that mad. As long as she keeps hope is a dangerous thing on the album, then im fine.

nah I'd take MAC and VB (two timeless and feel good songs) over HIADT any day. I just don't want those damn country songs on the album

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

If there's a song she should scrap is that one. Keeping Hope Is Spoiled Milk and scrapping MAC/VB would be homophobic and worth of unstanning  :biblio:

you're delusional, hope if far better than mac and venice bitch

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

why so much animosity towards billie?? she seems like a nice kid? and if she's doing well then why can't we be happy for her?? we don't even know what happens behind the scenes anyways like if she really is the reason nfr has been delayed but even so she likely doesn't have a choice in this and she seems like she's a big fan of lana anyways 

u guys seriously need to step back sometimes and learn how to voice ur frustrations/anger without insults

n e ways like someone else mentioned above do yall think lana will be at the met gala this year? the theme is Camp: Notes On Fashion and Alessandro Michelle said "camp really means the unique ability of combining high art and pop culture; it is not kitsch" so what do you think she could be wearing if she does show up? Harry Styles is one of the met gala chairs this year and he has a gucci campaign as well.. they're not going together obviously and if lana even goes at all... but i hope at least their outfits would be cohesive if she did show up like how her and jared's outfits matched and stuff. i really hope she attends, she looked so cute in that little green dress and gold earrings from whatever event that was earlier i'm still :flutter: i want more

*half of the attendees show up in basic ass formal wear anyway*

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

You know, if she really is planning another Summer release then it'll be almost a year since she dropped those "end of summer" jams and by the time the album comes out, they would've gotten very old. Lana is a strong gemini and i think after all this time, its very possible she may decide to remove the songs from the album because she's thought of more ideas. And honestly, i wouldn't be all that mad. As long as she keeps hope is a dangerous thing on the album, then im fine.

It would be  cool if she got new songs instead of them, but she was aware that most people hated coachella yet she put it on L4L anyway...so I don't think she really messes with the tracklist she built up in her head

Funny how some people here are calling billie eilish childish while also blaming a 17 year old because their fav hasn't released their album yet, i have to laugh

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e