Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The Revenge of Lana Del Rey

Queen of coming full circle

Could be another reason why she takes her sweet time with NFR: her stuff is finally « safe » and she has the luxury of doing it at her own time.

I still have a tiny glimmer of hope that Cinnamon and IYC will be amazing in every single way.

With Cinnamon it's kinda easy to say how the song will progress. It's like the Cherry of the NFR era. Safe, fun and sexy. But IYC is a mystery because it can go so many ways and we don't even know it yet. Could be a banger, could progress into a really sad tune, who knows!

As for HTD, I would like to know how it differs from the live performance she did, but overall I'm not too excited for it. Same goes from HIAB.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Give me Hallmark

One dream, one life, one lover

Paint me happy and blue

Norman Rockwell

No hype under our covers

It's just me and you

http://www.mtv.com/news/3099857/lana-del-rey-venice-bitch-norman-fucking-rockwell/

95% of that song is chyeas and wha-wha-wha-whatevers, but okay lol

oh and "its me ur lil venice bitch", sorry :awkney2:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Why has she decided to do the poetry book now tho no one gives a shit because we all just want the album but if she had done it between album eras it would have been so lovely and people would be more interested

I hate the poetry for keeping NFR away from me lol

I'm curious whether that poetry book will be successful at all.

Like why is it self-published...that is not a good sign

Because the publishers probably read the book before taking it on and were like "ok these are cute really rough drafts but, where's the poetry book....." :awkney:

giphy.gifB8iC.gifgiphy.gif

Her lyricism was great in BTD in Paradise but then she started making these choruses that are just the same word/phrase repeated over and over

Utraviolence ultraviolence ultraviolence

High by the beach high by the beach baby bye bye

our honeymooooon our honeymoooon

Our lust for life keeps us alive our lust for life keeps us alive

etc.

chorus of WTWWAWWKD is the biggest disappointment up to date

My grandma is gonna pass away soon and honestly I’ve been listening to what we have of HIAB, IYC, and HTD and it’s keeping me sane and hopeful that life can still be beautiful even in the times of when you lose something that you care deeply for. I need this album to feel who I really am again. I need to experience something new. Lana takes me back to when I was so young and innocent in middle school and now that i’m going to be an adult soon I want to feel a new era of myself with NFR.

Ughh stay strong babe :pray2: bless

Because the publishers probably read the book before taking it on and were like "ok these are cute really rough drafts but, where's the poetry book....." :awkney:

I was thinking that if she went to an actual publishing house they would have given her an editor who would have wanted to correct her grammatical mistakes / make her write words like yin yang correctly and she was not here for that.

One of the things that I’m also annoyed about is the fact that she probably never would’ve spoken of Yosemite or Architecture not making the cut if the interviewer hadn’t gone beyond the usual limits of what she’s asked and what she answers to.

One of the things that I’m also annoyed about is the fact that she probably never would’ve spoken of Yosemite or Architecture not making the cut if the interviewer hadn’t gone beyond the usual limits of what she’s asked and what she answers to.

Imagine all the wild stuff we could know if she was interviewed more frequently. A thing I always liked about her is how lenient she is with information about music, like back in the paradise era she just casually revealed the song title for gods and monsters and also sang the early concept of young and beautiful for that one interviewer.

The thing with Lana is that she would actually answer A LOT of questions about her album and music if people would just fucking ask her all the right things, but nobody ever does. Lana usually seems quite generous when confronted with questions but all the dumb twinks do when they meet her is scream, take a picture and talk about their fav song serial killer. Idiots

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Why has she decided to do the poetry book now tho no one gives a shit because we all just want the album but if she had done it between album eras it would have been so lovely and people would be more interestedI hate the poetry for keeping NFR away from me lol

I feel the same but I think we need to tell ourselves that it’s Lana herself who’s keeping NFR away from us if anyone (tHe LaBeL hOwEvEr MiGhT pLaY a CeRtAiN rOLe As WeLL) and the poetry book is no excuse