Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

now that she’s posting poems more often, i wonder if the psychics are right that maybe we’ll get closure late april and she’ll finally tell us when it’s being released as well as the album????!

who am i kidding!!? it’s lana, she won’t tell us anything. i’m delusional.

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

I wonder if she is posting all the poems because she just wants the poems out there regardless of book sales or if she has 100000 poems in the book lol

I love the sketchers cover lol I wear sketchers for work soo

I hope Lana was lying when she said 11 tracks and I hope it turns out to be a 2 part record like Marina’s

That new Marina double album is awful. 11 tracks is good. 

What sketchers cover is everyone talkin bout?

The fugly pic Chuck took

lana-del-rey-venice-bitch-920x584.png

Kacey Musgraves’ hair and makeup at Coachella serving Lana Glastonbury. I wish she’d pull out that long hair and flawless makeup again.

Oh god how gorgeous. 

kacey-musgraves-coachella-2019-ftr.jpg

I hope Lana lets her hair grow again. Kasey has a similar stage style to Lana's. 

The fugly pic Chuck took

I actually like how natural and casual she looks in this, but the background is horrible. I mean where is this, beside some train tracks somewhere? Jesus.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The fugly pic Chuck took

1.you haven't even heard the second half of Marina's album, how can you say it's awful?

2 that's a good picture

giphy.gif

i find it funny how she's ignoring literally everyone spamming her with "wheres the album" and posting her poetry completely unbothered knjnfjdf its like she couldn't care less about what her fans think or want at this point. and good for her

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

1.you haven't even heard the second half of Marina's album, how can you say it's awful?

2 that's a good picture

It doesn't matter because so far what I have heard from Marina's new songs from the new album I haven't liked. I wanted to rip my ears out when I heard that "orange" song and "to be Human". I like the visuals and everything but the music is awful for me but to each their own. I have no interest in hearing part 2 to be honest. As for this pic taken by Chuck, to each their own again. I personally don't like it especially compared to some of the gorgeous pictures she's taken with Neil Krug. 

Would the average person under 30 in America even know who Norman Rockwell is? I'm not American so I had nfi and had to Google him when she announced the name ... but idk about young Americans.

She said it was finished and then Ben said it wasn't, so that sounds like something had to be changed. Unless she was being Lana Del Liar again.

Also, knowing her, the poetry book is 255 pages. Clearly she's insisting on putting the entire thing on Instagram, and we're only up to about page 18 so we will be waiting forever.

theres so much beauty in waiting

I mean, I'd accept a passive-aggressive poem from her full of subtle metaphors about why it's taking so long. I can compromise.

Not to be a snob but why sketchersssszs (fun fact, was gonna rec something like Vans or something, but there's a lesbian stereotype to that, add in violets as a kind of lesbian symbol hm hm) ??

I honestly love the vibes of the sketchers' pic, the setting, the industrial beach city vibes but. How it was implemented could've been so much better. 

First off, what's that shadowy figure of a rock. 
- How the photo holds her, positionally, doesn't seem all that legendary, or doesn't have an artistic edge to it,  it seems a lot more like something we'd have as the back cover which I wouldn't actually mind. 
- The lack of warmth based off of the photo's exposure, contrast, and color saturation which, imo doesn't really play off with the music we've gotten so far, that or the kind of glow they were hoping for at the time of the photo (it looks diluted, light-wise and washed out, but not natural looking)
- Lastly, how stern and almost spiteful she's looking, and off to the distance, makes it seem more of a disconnect than anything else, especially at how the photo was being taken just right there, as u can see from the bottom right corner. 
- Not to be misogynistic, but the blend of the color of the shirt, w the land, sorta makes a visual disconnect too, with how dark her jeans are, especially at how bolded and outlined her calves seem to be, and the outline of where she's sitting, so it looks like her torso's kinda just floating, while her pants are looking pretty stiff and flat. 

- If they raised the photo to show less of the sky, and positioned the camera to focus more on her from a higher view, to take her in, with better shading, and lighting of her face, like how natural her arms, and ankles look, and a bit more of the gray concrete/ bars, it would've looked a lot more artistic, and at the same time, intimate. 

Two cents. 

UV/Honeymoon

Not to be a snob but why sketchersssszs (fun fact, was gonna rec something like Vans or something, but there's a lesbian stereotype to that, add in violets as a kind of lesbian symbol hm hm) ??

I honestly love the vibes of the sketchers' pic, the setting, the industrial beach city vibes but. How it was implemented could've been so much better.

First off, what's that shadowy figure of a rock.

- How the photo holds her, positionally, doesn't seem all that legendary, or doesn't have an artistic edge to it, it seems a lot more like something we'd have as the back cover which I wouldn't actually mind.

- The lack of warmth based off of the photo's exposure, contrast, which, imo doesn't really play off with the music we've gotten so far, that or the kind of glow they were hoping for at the time of the photo (it looks diluted, light-wise and washed out, but not natural looking)

- Lastly, how stern and almost spiteful she's looking, and off to the distance, makes it seem more of a disconnect than anything else, especially at how the photo was being taken just right there, as u can see from the bottom right corner.

- If they raised the photo to show less of the sky, and positioned the camera to focus more on her from a higher view, to take her in, and a bit more of the gray concrete/ bars, it would've looked a lot more artistic, and at the same time, intimate.

Two cents.

lmao lana really needs to save us from ourselves

But also the rock shadow I think is chuck crouching down taking the photo