Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Not to be a snob but why sketchersssszs (fun fact, was gonna rec something like Vans or something, but there's a lesbian stereotype to that, add in violets as a kind of lesbian symbol hm hm) ??

I honestly love the vibes of the sketchers' pic, the setting, the industrial beach city vibes but. How it was implemented could've been so much better. 

First off, what's that shadowy figure of a rock. 

- How the photo holds her, positionally, doesn't seem all that legendary, or doesn't have an artistic edge to it,  it seems a lot more like something we'd have as the back cover which I wouldn't actually mind. 

- The lack of warmth based off of the photo's exposure, contrast, and color saturation which, imo doesn't really play off with the music we've gotten so far, that or the kind of glow they were hoping for at the time of the photo (it looks diluted, light-wise and washed out, but not natural looking)

- Lastly, how stern and almost spiteful she's looking, and off to the distance, makes it seem more of a disconnect than anything else, especially at how the photo was being taken just right there, as u can see from the bottom right corner. 

- Not to be misogynistic, but the blend of the color of the shirt, w the land, sorta makes a visual disconnect too, with how dark her jeans are, especially at how bolded and outlined her calves seem to be, and the outline of where she's sitting, so it looks like her torso's kinda just floating, while her pants are looking pretty stiff and flat. 

- If they raised the photo to show less of the sky, and positioned the camera to focus more on her from a higher view, to take her in, with better shading, and lighting of her face, like how natural her arms, and ankles look, and a bit more of the gray concrete/ bars, it would've looked a lot more artistic, and at the same time, intimate. 

Two cents. 

I reckon that was more like 5 cents

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

i would just like to say that the poetry book can truly, deeply, genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, with my utmost support and blessing, go fuck itself

it's just the way i feel

i would just like to say that the poetry book can truly, deeply, genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, with my utmost support and blessing, go fuck itself

Wait, are you saying you're not keen on the poetry book, or ... ?

Sorry your idol is perusing her life long dreams? Fuck me some of you are cunts.

Support her projects full heartedly or half heartedly. Don’t be rude about them just because you want an album. She’s pursuing her dreams and she’s a very talented poet. You will ALL and kissing her ass about it when it releases anyway.

Wait, are you saying you're not keen on the poetry book, or ... ?

Sorry your idol is perusing her life long dreams? Fuck me some of you are cunts.

Support her projects full heartedly or half heartedly. Don’t be rude about them just because you want an album. She’s pursuing her dreams and she’s a very talented poet. You will ALL and kissing her ass about it when it releases anyway.

it's not entirely to do with the album, although that admittedly contributes to it, but i myself most assuredly won't be kissing her ass about the poetry book when it's out. i'm glad she's doing what she likes, i think that's great, and she has every right to do so. i don't like the poems we've gotten so far though. the sentiments are nice and there are a few lines here and there that i really like, but nothing feels fleshed out or fully realized. there's a difference between writing lyrics and writing poetry; without the musical element, there's more pressure on the writing to stand on its own and be a strong, interesting, worthwhile piece of art in and of itself. to me, this (writing we've seen thus far) doesn't do that. if it was being sung as lyrics, that would be a different story. 

i'm not that concerned with whether the book is holding up the album because of the sheer fact that we have no real way of knowing what the truth in that matter is, but if the only thing holding up the album release is the fact that she wants to finish the book first, then yes i'd be annoyed. but i'm not about to be out here jumping to conclusions like that. all i know is that we don't have the album yet, we have a pretty constant flow of typo-riddled, unfinished-feeling, kind of mediocre poetry (i'm not saying she doesn't have the capability to write good poetry! i'm saying all of it i've seen feels half-assed!) instead, we're pretty much in the dark about said album, and are instead being fed content that doesn't do much of anything for me. i think it's great that she wants to write poetry. i'm glad she's doing what makes her happy, and i totally support that, i just have no interest in the content produced thus far and find the situation we're in extremely aggravating.

(i didn't come into this thread with the intent of writing an essay on the differences between poetry and songwriting, and i probably sound a lot more impassioned/defensive about this topic than i am, because i'm mostly indifferent at this stage in the game...but it's almost 2 am and i'm overcaffeinated and felt like clarifying lmao)

it's just the way i feel

it's not entirely to do with the album, although that admittedly contributes to it, but i myself most assuredly won't be kissing her ass about the poetry book when it's out. i'm glad she's doing what she likes, i think that's great, and she has every right to do so. i don't like the poems we've gotten so far though. the sentiments are nice and there are a few lines here and there that i really like, but nothing feels fleshed out or fully realized. there's a difference between writing lyrics and writing poetry; without the musical element, there's more pressure on the writing to stand on its own and be a strong, interesting, worthwhile piece of art in and of itself. to me, this (writing we've seen thus far) doesn't do that. if it was being sung as lyrics, that would be a different story. 

i'm not that concerned with whether the book is holding up the album because of the sheer fact that we have no real way of knowing what the truth in that matter is, but if the only thing holding up the album release is the fact that she wants to finish the book first, then yes i'd be annoyed. but i'm not about to be out here jumping to conclusions like that. all i know is that we don't have the album yet, we have a pretty constant flow of typo-riddled, unfinished-feeling, kind of mediocre poetry (i'm not saying she doesn't have the capability to write good poetry! i'm saying all of it i've seen feels half-assed!) instead, we're pretty much in the dark about said album, and are instead being fed content that doesn't do much of anything for me. i think it's great that she wants to write poetry. i'm glad she's doing what makes her happy, and i totally support that, i just have no interest in the content produced thus far and find the situation we're in extremely aggravating.

(i didn't come into this thread with the intent of writing an essay on the differences between poetry and songwriting, and i probably sound a lot more impassioned/defensive about this topic than i am, because i'm mostly indifferent at this stage in the game...but it's almost 2 am and i'm overcaffeinated and felt like clarifying lmao)

Yeah I get what you're saying. I don't think her poetry is terrible but I don't think it's so outstanding that it deserves 12,364 Instagram comments salivating over it, either (which is what typically happens). Her poems seem very drafty (and not just because of the typos). But maybe that's the point. Raw thoughts.

Like honestly, she could type an ascii dick and post it on that beige textured background and everyone would still write shit like, "I felt this on a personal level. Thank you for understanding exactly how I feel" and "omg lana u r the queen of poetry ilysm".

I'm more interested to see if she really does sell it for $1. There's no way she can make a profit or even break even doing that, and while she doesn't need the money, this book is going to be in demand so the options are:

1. print thousands and sell them at a loss

2. print a handful, drop them off at local bookshops, which will piss even more people off because they'll miss out.

3. change the price, piss people off again, and generate 15 new pages in the "Lana is a liar" thread.

I actually like how natural and casual she looks in this, but the background is horrible. I mean where is this, beside some train tracks somewhere? Jesus.

I don't like the photo either, but it does fit with the concept and aesthetic of the album. Evening, industrial views + clear sky (perhaps a reference to autumn?), being alone and isolated by places where there are lots of people and noise usually (the beach, under the freeway at rush hour, the traffick), etc. And also the colors.

"patience"

lana: posts a selfie

fans: WHERE'S THE DAMN ABLOOM!!!!!!!1111

"love"

lana: posts a poem

fans: omg no one cares about this bitch!!!11

"support"

lana: releases abloom

fans: ha bitch im not buying this THIS IS REVENGE normanfuckingrockwell.zip

:rip:

rk7mHnV.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwJ4y9inKQ8/

A nightmare, literally a nightmare 

So it's her holding it up and no one else. I'm laughing so hard at how mad this will make everyone. 

Maybe she doesn't want to have to rehearse/sing the new songs at the upcoming European festivals because lazy, so she's waiting 'til they're done.

So it's her holding it up and no one else. I'm laughing so hard at how mad this will make everyone

hundreds of pages of people discussing if her label is mad at her or if they're focusing on Billie eyballs :lmao:

well tbf people have been saying this for months/years now, while others overshare their whole album release story (masochissmsmm) she clearly doesn’t care about giving us more album information.

i76mrxw.png