Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

@@vodkaa good point. i see what u mean, and lana did say something one time about like "i take whatever i like and leave the rest".. i just think its so sad that the easiest way to get in touch with a higher power seems to be that fucked up religion just because its the most popular in the US.  in any case, ive always liked the tongue in cheek way she addresses god and religion, and i cant see lana being fr fr a christian like that

not some of you writing essays about how u won't buy the album when y'all know ur gonna run and pre order that $90 box set with the cd and 5 photos of trees and sunsets taken on an iphone as exclusive photo prints once it goes online 

i76mrxw.png 

Not sure if y’all are into astrology, but whatever. I looked at Lana’s chart and she has her Chiron (asteroid that represents wounds) in her 1st house (which represents identity/ego). Rough placement.

“Chiron in 1st House

This shows your deepest wound residing in your sense of self. You may neglect your own personality or self-interests in order to appease others. You are a fighter for those who are less fortunate and give wonderful advice to others who seek your council. Helping others help themselves and find their true potential is your strong point. Your weak point is doing the same for yourself.

You may have trouble defining yourself and finding meaning in your life. You often neglect yourself or feel unworthy. The lesson you need to learn is self-love and self-respect. Let yourself do what you love and take your own advice as if you were giving this same advice to someone you love. Build up your personality, don’t limit yourself or feel selfish for it, you must learn to accept yourself as a unique individual with personal power in order to transcend.”

Our girl is going through IT.

@@vodkaa & anyone else who believes in being part of a church but taking whatever you like from what they preach & paying no mind to the rest, could you please help me understand one thing that honestly baffles me?

Why not simply...go to a different church? Assuming that, like Lana, you live in an area with no shortage of progressive, open-minded, LGBTQ-friendly Christian churches you can go to. So you can get closer to your God, receive guidance, participate in religious activities, feel like you're a part of a community, and ALL THAT....without having to accept that you were born inferior, or that LGBT people are abominations, and without having to be associated with pedophiles & predators. Doesn't that sound like a hoot? It seems like a good idea to me. 

So why isn't it a good idea? What's wrong with what truly seems like the best course of action to me? Why is it apparently absolutely mandatory to attend a church that has done horrible things and holds nauseating beliefs?

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

7 months since venice bitch tomorrow

Well that made me super sad tbh I Didn’t realise it’s been that long...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Token optimistic post for this thread: Idk folks, I just really trust my intuition and despite all of this T O R T U R E I truly feel that we're on the verge of hearing Lana's best work yet

giphy.gif

Unless it’s followed by live TV performances/interviews and a Netflix music documentary, then I don’t want to hear it this time. Quite tired of stanning someone who won’t open up or let us anywhere near them.

I wish she had famous stans who could draw attention to this shitshow by bitching about it as often as we do

its too bad her biggest fan accs are still telling her to take her time LMAOO you can be nice to her but the album is done... take what time? they gotta stop being dumb!

its too bad her biggest fan accs are still telling her to take her time LMAOO you can be nice to her but the album is done... take what time? they gotta stop being dumb!

can you imagine like, ariana grande or that charlie xxx being like "so where the fucks nfr???" every 2 seconds? lmao it would be glorious

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

LITERALLY! When I see another Love you baby x have an amazing day x or Take your time, we will support you forever x I will honestly lose my shit  :read:

I need Lana to make a new hoe anthem for this album. We had G&M/Cola, FMWUTTT/Florida Kilos, Freak, and White Mustang (I don’t think it’s supposed to be sexual, but I think it sounds funny if you think about it that way lolol) & maybe Cherry could be a hoe track but otherwise it was missing from LFL. This one NEEDS a hoe song

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

@@LanaFlowers Well I mean I didn't really say I was so, that point might be off. I did attend Hillsong one time bc my sister, dont u fucking persecute her she accepts me being gay, she's amazing, even past the sibling bias, wanted to go during the holidays. (I s2g no one messes with her, she probably doesn't even know about the extensive history of the place, no sarcasm DO NOT GO THERE.) The music was uplifting, and there was a younger generation attending, which was refreshing, from the past older peeps I used to go sing choir with when I was younger. Do I still go? Definitely not. But have I cultivated my own beliefs and my own faith on certain things? Yes. 

Point 2, hate to break it to ya, and u probably are already aware of this thru one stream of consciousness or another, but people don't like being forced into doing things, add into the equation too that it's not for others to decided on where others go to worship. Sure they might've been somehow born into the religion, like me, or might've found points they wanted to bring into their lives on their own, We're all different and our circumstances too reflect that in detail. How they go, where they go, why they go and to which boundaries are all theirs to figure out, and I hope they come out better for everyone. 

It's an idea, but it's not in your domain to decide for others. If directed towards me specifically? Definitely I'd find a place that included everyone, a few years ago that would've been amazing, but the truth is, no matter how others see it is, I no longer don't. Do I still believe there's a higher power governing us somehow? Yes, but it really just includes me and him, it's a personal set of values and beliefs that I've cultivated for myself. 

I'm still pretty young, early 20's, and I've had so much fucking done to me, aside from one thing but I digress. Because I was one thing, or the other, if there's anything I've learned in life, I've learned that being in the middle doesn't always get you any applause or admiration as easily from either side, gay, believing in god, which spectrum of ethnicity I'm in, how I might seem like a bitch, but that's just my resting face, masculine/feminine yada yada. You really just learn to live life your way, and no one else is going to live it but you, so stand alone and be firm in who you are. Being a little bit of everything however that may be, means that I've this weird opportunity to be able to look at things, or be reminded to look at how we all are, from these different sides, and accept them and try to find a common ground. 

We're all fucking people here, we all have shit we go through, no matter how veiled or how different the smell might even seem. We all love what/who we love, and dislike what we do. We all have needs, dreams, emotions, thoughts of our own, and we're all connected somehow, and what disappoints me so greatly, is when others decide to combat themselves instead of trying to understanding how we're the same first, minus all the differences through details, It tears me up from time to time when there's injustices because of that. 

How do I combat it? I try to be accepting towards everyone. Legit might sound so naive and all that, but I do my best to be kind first, bc most of the time, the hurt others are feeling aren't even about you as a person, it's just a reflection of the pain they're carrying, and no pity, but it makes me sad at how others might have to carry it alone, bc they feel they can't let it out to someone, bc of fear of being ridiculed.

I've biases that I've recognized and am learning to recognize in myself still, I'm not perfect. But I'm building myself how I see fit, and if others want to shape me in one way or another because of a lack of understanding, well then they've already got the process wrong. I think for a lot of others too, tryna make sense of it all, at least for me, is all that we can do. 

So this post doesn't dry people of fucking boredom (I really am sorry skip the rant) that's another thing keeping me glued to my seat when it comes to this next album. Lana's perspective, and what she's writing about: her emotions, her experiences and how she dissects and relays them through sound and word. Is it disappointing that she's going to that particular church? For me, yes. Do we have any fucking right to box her in one way or another? No. Sad but true. 

If as an individual, myself at least, I've the liberty to be who I am, as I am, do I have the right to take that same liberty away from others? Sure it's a fucking mess, but it's so much wiser to let others be themselves. We can only guide them into hopefully being better versions of and for themselves and society as a whole, but it's up to them on whether or not they want to grow in that or any direction.

UV/Honeymoon