Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I need Lana to make a new hoe anthem for this album. We had G&M/Cola, FMWUTTT/Florida Kilos, Freak, and White Mustang (I don’t think it’s supposed to be sexual, but I think it sounds funny if you think about it that way lolol) & maybe Cherry could be a hoe track but otherwise it was missing from LFL. This one NEEDS a hoe song

I think Cinnamon might be a hoe in training, receiving mentor-ship from Maha Maha but I'm not exactly sure. I do hope we get something legendary like Cola/Freak tho

UV/Honeymoon

I really hope she isn’t changing the direction of the album to be more pop because of the complaints of the label/fans. The singles and snippets are amazing and some of her most acclaimed and personal songs ever. I just know she made something very special this era and I don’t want it to be lost

I was at Hillsong

Leaning on your shoulder

Watching my album rot and die

I guess I was trolling

Cuz baby for a minute

All my fans had lost their minds

In the next morning

My label gave a warning

I had to release some sign

Post a couple poems

And a song snippet

Anything to buy some time

This is brilliant. @ her with it on Twitter and plaster it in her IG comments. She needs to see it.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

idk how people can ignore how emotionioal Hope is.

you may not be able to relate to it fully but her emotions are shown in that song 100%.

to each their own of course but that song breaks my heart. proud of her for being that vulnerable in a song.

BE4-BF75-D-1-C25-4-A49-AE3-E-558-FB954-A

idk how people can ignore how emotionioal Hope is.

you may not be able to relate to it fully but her emotions are shown in that song 100%.

to each their own of course but that song breaks my heart. proud of her for being that vulnerable in a song.

I think exactly the same. Hope is her most vulnerable song. It's the definition of loneliness, depression and all the fights that it brings. People find it boring because it's just a piano ballad, but imo, it's way more than that. The lyrics say it all. What's the point of having a song like VB if the lyrics are so bad. I'd rather get a meaningful album full of piano ballads. But of course that's just how I feel.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I think exactly the same. Hope is her most vulnerable song. It's the definition of loneliness, depression and all the fights that it brings. People find it boring because it's just a piano ballad, but imo, it's way more than that. The lyrics say it all. What's the point of having a song like VB if the lyrics are so bad. I'd rather get a meaningful album full of piano ballads. But of course that's just how I feel.

My wig was being pulled off until I read that VB part. Wig snapped back on, strapped down, glued

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Hope and Venice bitch are two completely different songs. Both songs are art but the strong feelings of each are executed differently. Hope is abrasive and outwards. Venice bitch is atmospheric, hence the 10 minutes of droning guitars and synths that feel like they’re skipping along the beach. Both beautiful songs that do two completely different things... VB is better tho lmao leak nfr

Hope and Venice bitch are two completely different songs. Both songs are art but the strong feelings of each are executed differently. Hope is abrasive and outwards. Venice bitch is atmospheric, hence the 10 minutes of droning guitars and synths that feel like they’re skipping along the beach. Both beautiful songs that do two completely different things... VB is better tho lmao leak nfr

Of course VB and Hope are very different, I was just pointing out that I would personally prefer an album full of piano ballads with deep lyrics than an album with songs like VB with bad lyrics, even if the sound is incredible :) Actually, lyrics have always been really important to me, more than the actual music

I don't really feel anything when I listen to VB because of the lyrics, but I don't deny the song is great

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Since some of you are so sure VB lyrics are bad could someone tell me why? bc I think they're good overall and even tho a couple lines are a little cringy to me I can get why they're there

^I personally don’t think VB’s lyrics are bad by any means, but MAC trumps it lyrically imo. I like the strength and confidence in MAC’s lyrics and listen to it more than VB

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Since some of you are so sure VB lyrics are bad could someone tell me why? bc I think they're good overall and even tho a couple lines are a little cringy to me I can get why they're there

Lol really? They seem like she just makes them up while singing. The song itself is nice but the lyrics are tragic and cringy af.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Lol really? They seem like she just makes them up while singing. The song itself is nice but the lyrics are tragic and cringy af.

I mean, it goes for 9 and a half freaking minutes so there's bound to be some Lana lyrical lapses.

I wrote a Limerick.

Norman Fucking Rockwell, we're seeking,
The fans and the stans - we are freaking,
It has not been released,
Hysteria's increased,
The Russians will likely be leaking.

I really hope she isn’t changing the direction of the album to be more pop because of the complaints of the label/fans. The singles and snippets are amazing and some of her most acclaimed and personal songs ever. I just know she made something very special this era and I don’t want it to be lost

I honestly, whole heartedly doubt that. After all the mini betrayals we've gone through, it just doesn't make sense. She couldn't back down n go down that route bc a true baddie wouldn't do that.

UV/Honeymoon

Happiness is a butterfly

I see my release window going by

Hanging with my blondies baby

All we do is drink matcha tea

Doing yoga and pilates

My album isn’t out for the ladies lil b

If the hype is killed then what’s the worst

That can happen to a baddie who’s already at church, I’m already at church

If my album’s late, then who’s to blame?

Everyone else can release theirs first, release theirs first

I said take me to Hillsong

Don’t be a fat schlong

Posting on Instagram

All of my poetry

That will never get released

Whenever u get this. I just wanted to say, as much as I love the original version, this remix would have to b the best. :crying4:

UV/Honeymoon

I think, no definitely that Hope and VB are two entirely differently composed songs. Former's got a more solid intent and delivery, a lot more solemn and direct, while VB is more abstract, and leaves a lot more for interpretation. Personally think both are beautiful, but repeating Hope over and over again can get incredibly taxing and fast, while VB at least imo is a lot easier to drown yourself in with its sound, not just bc of the diff track lengths, but bc of how loose and more scattered it is. Bc Hope is a lot more fixed as a song, there's less to dissect, whereas VB is more sporadic in song space, making it a lot easier to connect with, and thru various tunnels w/in its long 9-10 minute mark

UV/Honeymoon

I wrote a Limerick.

Norman Fucking Rockwell, we're seeking,

The fans and the stans - we are freaking,

It has not been released,

Hysteria's increased,

The Russians will likely be leaking.

Cold War teas

oyrb1lmpwxs21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

...Kevin Abstract's album inspired by Venice Bitch coming before the album with Venice Bitch on it

6404327-atrl+smirk+laugh+gif.gif

I went looking (because I saw this earlier too and I was gonna RT it) but it seems like he deleted it? #sketchy

"I never liked her music really" ... :thumb3:  ... I admire him for having the courage to say that (although that bit is probably why it's deleted).