Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

. there is not a single page in any religious book that encourage killing others, for land, money or different religions beliefs.

Why would you ask to get dragged by people and facts on a day like this..?

This era is so dry that I have left Lana - a singer I've spent thousands on and to whose music I relate many memories to - for a country pop singer I hadn't even really listened to before a month ago.

D4oolaOUwAEhWzT.jpg

Remember when Lana used to serve like this? And made innovative music she was passionate about?

Here's hoping that jewelry is authentic. :)

STAY ON TOPIC STAY ON TOPIC STAY ON TOPIC STAY ON TOPIC

NFR RELATED CONTENT ONLY NFR RELATED CONTENT ONLY

IF IT ISN’T NFR RELATED POST IN A FITTING THREAD

IF A FITTING THREAD DOESN’T EXIST, CREATE ONE!!

THANK YOU LOVE YOU BYE

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

nah. the Qu'ran doesn't have any surat that states that you should kill people that doesn't believe in Allah. my family is algerian and i'm a Muslim myself. in fact, in the Qu'ran, it says that if you kill a human being, it's equivalent to killing more than a hundred people and you go to hell eternaly because you got rid of a life that Allah created. i'm not looking for any religion discussion right now (cuz that's not the point of the thread) but there's a lot of explanations on the internet. Arabic is a rlly rich language and translating it can lead to a lot of misconceptions. you need the context to understand the Qu'ran. idk about catholicism and everything but all i can say is that Islam is a religion of peace. we wish peace on each other everytime we say hello (a.k.a the "salam") so yeah. i know that we can't forget how people used religion to be monstruous and get what they want but keep in mind that it's all about respect. rob didn't have to shit on every religious person out there. kiss

فَإِذَا انْسَلَخَ الْأَشْهُرُ الْحُرُمُ

فَاقْتُلُوا الْمُشْرِكِينَ حَيْثُ وَجَدْتُمُوهُمْ

وَخُذُوهُمْ وَاحْصُرُوهُمْ وَاقْعُدُوا لَهُمْ كُلَّ مَرْصَدٍ

فَإِنْ تَابُوا وَأَقَامُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتَوُا الزَّكَاةَ

فَخَلُّوا سَبِيلَهُمْ

إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ‎

Quran 9:5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Verse

im not saying you or most muslims do not believe in peace and respect, but it is in the text. there's similar and worse stuff in the christian bible all over the place.  acknowledging fucked up things in the texts isnt shitting on religion, its being honest about it.  i think a lot of religious people dont necessarily follow the letter of their text, thankfully. im glad Lana's dad said what he did.  theyre killing muslims and other religious minorities in places like Sri Lanka, India, Myanmar because of religion.  it doesnt even matter what religion, it will be used to oppress

mod note: user was warned for this post

Edited by admin
stay on topic please

STAY ON TOPIC STAY ON TOPIC STAY ON TOPIC STAY ON TOPIC

NFR RELATED CONTENT ONLY NFR RELATED CONTENT ONLY

IF IT ISN’T NFR RELATED POST IN A FITTING THREAD

IF A FITTING THREAD DOESN’T EXIST, CREATE ONE!!

THANK YOU LOVE YOU BYE

We've completely run out of NFR-related things to discuss/beat to death. :defeated: 

i was rlly disappointed in Rob today.. religion is made for peace ; peace with people, and peace with yourself. there is not a single page in any religious book that encourage killing others, for land, money or different religions beliefs. it's not religion's fault if people are dumb as fuck to falsify holy books to get what they want. i thought Rob was better than that.

I don’t know.. “if you do x or y you’re going to burn in hell for eternity” is not something I would consider peaceful. Hopefully there’s not much religious influence in NFR

to say that religion is entirely about peace and doesn't encourage violence is to ignore the entire history of organized religion and the horrific things religious institutions have done/caused

anyway, i can't wait for courtney to grab lana by the bunny ears and whip her work ethic and passion back into shape so we finally get the real release of NFR, the topic at hand in this thread  :flutter:

it's just the way i feel

Actually I ranted about this on the "minor questions" thread, because I found it interesting that they seem to refrain from referring to her by any name at all. I wonder if it's something she's asked of them (eg: "don't call me by a name in videos/posts"). In the egg-making video, the person shooting clearly says, "Sarah?" and "Jennie?" but to Lana says, "and how about you?". 

Her dad never uses any name for her either, except when referencing her work. I think maybe she asked not to be called "Lizzie" in public or something.

Chuck refers to her as Lana as well I believe?

I don't find it odd believe it or not. She's always lived her fantasy ("I contain multitudes", multiple music and persona changes, different hobbies, alleged lies to her ~friends~ about her past etc.) so her going by Lana 24/7 suits her as a person (or an image of a person that I deducted over the years :hooker:)

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

This thread is boring; let's do Lana songs as haikus. Maybe we can take 7 months to make our own poetry book and sell it to her for $1.

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/10669-lanas-songs-as-haikus/

Chuck refers to her as Lana as well I believe?

I don't find it odd believe it or not. She's always lived her fantasy ("I contain multitudes", multiple music and persona changes, different hobbies, alleged lies to her ~friends~ about her past etc.) so her going by Lana 24/7 suits her as a person (or an image of a person that I deducted over the years :hooker:)

Yeah I think it's like her nickname, so I get it.

I find it more interesting that people she knows often omit a name altogether when referring to her. I have never heard those saddie friends call her "Lana" or anything else in any of their posts/videos. So I just wonder if it's something she asked of them.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

ma'am the bible tells people to kill gays so im staying clear of religion xx

anyways to keep this on topic do u think NFR will ever be released

the answer is no

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

ma'am the bible tells people to kill gays so im staying clear of religion xx

anyways to keep this on topic do u think NFR will ever be released

the answer is no

It’s coming in 2019. I’m thinking August and try to move on with my life. The desperate waiting is making me miserable.

btw Lana in swimsuit on her friend’s ig story looks absolutely gorgeous and giving me strong 2k12 b2d vibes :defeated:

Or is it even a swimsuit.... idk anymore

Which friend?

btw Lana in swimsuit on her friend’s ig story looks absolutely gorgeous and giving me strong 2k12 b2d vibes :defeated:

Or is it even a swimsuit.... idk anymore

THAT RED TOP.

SHE GAVE EFFORT.

SHES SO HOT.

(ok bye)

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

i stopped believing in god when i was twelve after years of praying to a magical man in the sky for my life to get better and i realized shortly after im the one who will determine my fate

also lana has just said fuck it at this point

also lana has just said fuck it at this point

Have you guys considered what the music after NFR will be like? We're so preoccupied with it that we haven't really talked about what comes after. I mean, if she's writing songs rn ... I can only imagine ... it'll be all contour kit and soy latte references.

I cannot see how meaningful songwriting can eventuate, but I hope that's just me being narrow-minded.

Also, she never works with females. I know she did the collab with Stevie but that's about it, isn't it? I know it's a male-dominated industry and I'm not saying one gender is better than the other at producing/mixing music, but I'd like her to work with a female on the next album just to see how it sounded.

But she'd probably pick skirtsandsuits and then I'd kms

Have you guys considered what the music after NFR will be like? We're so preoccupied with it that we haven't really talked about what comes after. I mean, if she's writing songs rn ... I can only imagine ... it'll be all contour kit and soy latte references.

I cannot see how meaningful songwriting can eventuate, but I hope that's just me being narrow-minded.

I hadn't really thought of it that way, thank you for ruining the next album for me lol

It's only going to keep getting worse, isn't it? Fuck :(

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

What if she’s reinventing herself again to be a basic white girl that can dominate the pop charts

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif