Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

The "Fucking" constitutes parody, I think, as it's not part of his actual name.

I don't think it's the issue. I think the issue is Elizabeth and no one else.

In any case, I think she'd rename the album rather than fight the Rockwells, because even if she were to win it wouldn't be a good look.

The "Fucking" constitutes parody, I think, as it's not part of his actual name.

I don't think it's the issue. I think the issue is Elizabeth and no one else.

In any case, I think she'd rename the album rather than fight the Rockwells, because even if she were to win it wouldn't be a good look.

If you believe placing the word ‘Fucking’ between anyone’s first and last name constitutes a parody, then you don’t know what parody means.

i wish lana would get her shit together and surprise release the fucking album this month, then the poetry book in the fall, and then an ep later on (including hey blue baby and i must be stupid for being so happy). i feel like i'm the only one who likes those "folk" songs. they're so cute for an ep. but this bitch is so lazy and i don't expect anything anymore.

Honestly, If she can't release albums, I wish she'd do more singles or EP style things.

Like "Best American Record / Yosemite" last summer

"Mariners Apartment Complex / Venice Bitch" September 2018

"Hey Blue Baby / I Must Be So Stupid..." November 2018

That way we still get music but she doesn't have to do the promo or drag out the album cycle.

Sorry but my jokes are just going to get worse ... 

Lana orders an ice cream from an ice cream truck and then asks the vendor how much it costs. 

"The same price as your poetry book," replies the vendor with a smile. 

He holds out his hand for Lana to give him $1, but Lana walks away without paying BECAUSE THERE IS NO FUCKING POETRY BOOK SO THERE IS NOTHING TO PAY. HAHAHA.

LMFAAOOOOOOO :rip: but we love true stories tumblr_mn47xv6Lsn1rk0jjfo4_250.gif

UV/Honeymoon

If you believe placing the word ‘Fucking’ between anyone’s first and last name constitutes a parody, then you don’t know what parody means.

Elizabeth said that the title track + title are so named because she dated a lot of brilliant creative men who knew they were brilliant, so it's making fun of that, which in turn is making fun of what Norman represented. It's less about the word "fucking" than it is about the sentiment, yes, but the "fucking" denotes that it's a joke.

If you want to believe that there's some Rockwell conspiracy going on, despite evidence to the contrary, then go right ahead.

She would change the title before she would go to war with the Rockwells, imo.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Wait, why are people even talking about MET?

Wouldn’t she have to leave LA

Yeah but they have Cha Cha Matcha in NYC so all good, all good.

I think her outfit will involve eyeballs. Alessandro is posting lots of eyeballs.

Elizabeth said that the title track + title are so named because she dated a lot of brilliant creative men who knew they were brilliant, so it's making fun of that, which in turn is making fun of what Norman represented. It's less about the word "fucking" than it is about the sentiment, yes, but the "fucking" denotes that it's a joke.

If you want to believe that there's some Rockwell conspiracy going on, despite evidence to the contrary, then go right ahead.

She would change the title before she would go to war with the Rockwells, imo.

Look, she’s making fun of the men who think they are, as artists, ‘so fucking great’ that they think they’re ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell,’ just as she might have said, ‘Pablo Fucking Picasso’ or ‘Jackson Fucking Pollock.’ I don’t think she picked Norman Rockwell specifically as an artist’s name except that it probably fit with the melody, and the number and placement of syllables was right. She could just have used Grandma Moses or Salvatore Dali. Rockwell is not ‘an artist’s artist,’or a fine artist, but merely a well-loved commercial artist. Well-loved by the ‘common man,’ that is, not by academia or the critics, who consider him a magazine illustrator.

The album title is definitely not a parody, satire, spoof or lampoon, and it’s not a burlesque either. As three words, it’s a mockery or insult. Your own handle here is a lot closer to a parody, as would be ‘Norman Fuckwell.’

A well-founded lawsuit with fairly clear legal precedents by the Rockwell trustees and/or Hallmark is not a conspiracy.

I’m not saying that the album will not be called NFR, I am saying the album title (and title song, if any) are the most likely reasons for the album delay, regardless of what a Rockwell family member says now or what LDR says either.

If you were LDR, would you want to have to tell the world, “Well, when I named and announced the album, I was being thoughtless, ignorant and headstrong, and persisted and persisted regardless, but finally had to give into overwhelming pressure and legal threats from multiple fronts and so have had to scrap the title, the title song, and all the printed album art, and had to go back into the studio for half a year and am now calling the new result ‘Happiness Is A Butterfly.’

Would you want to attempt to come up with a better, face-saving explanation and be mocked or have to eat humble pie in front of the entire world, music industry and fandom?

Look, she’s making fun of the men who think they are, as artists, ‘so fucking great’ that they think they’re ‘Norman Fucking Rockwell,’ just as she might have said, ‘Pablo Fucking Picasso’ or ‘Jackson Fucking Pollock.’ I don’t think she picked Norman Rockwell specifically as an artist’s name except that it probably fit with the melody, and the number and placement of syllables was right. She could just have used Grandma Moses or Salvatore Dali. Rockwell is not ‘an artist’s artist,’or a fine artist, but merely a well-loved commercial artist. Well-loved by the ‘common man,’ that is, not by academia or the critics, who consider him a magazine illustrator.

The album title is definitely not a parody, satire, spoof or lampoon, and it’s not a burlesque either. As three words, it’s a mockery or insult. Your own handle here is a lot closer to a parody, as would be ‘Norman Fuckwell.’

A well-founded lawsuit with fairly clear legal precedents by the Rockwell trustees and/or Hallmark is not a conspiracy.

I’m not saying that the album will not be called NFR, I am saying the album title (and title song, if any) are the most likely reasons for the album delay, regardless of what a Rockwell family member says now or what LDR says either.

If you were LDR, would you want to have to tell the world, “Well, when I named and announced the album, I was being thoughtless, ignorant and headstrong, and persisted and persisted regardless, but finally had to give into overwhelming pressure and legal threats from multiple fronts and so have had to scrap the title, the title song, and all the printed album art, and had to go back into the studio for half a year and am now calling the new result ‘Happiness Is A Butterfly.’

Would you want to attempt to come up with a better, face-saving explanation and be mocked or have to eat humble pie in front of the entire world, music industry and fandom?

I think using Norman Rockwell is a thing though, I was watching a Joe Rogan podcast a few days or a week ago and he said on it about someone "A Norman Rockwell type character" I forget what one it was or who he was talking about or I would put a link to it but I remember it didn't really make any sense to me when he said it.

I think using Norman Rockwell is a thing though, I was watching a Joe Rogan podcast a few days or a week ago and he said on it about someone "A Norman Rockwell type character" I forget what one it was or who he was talking about or I would put a link to it but I remember it didn't really make any sense to me when he said it.

I don’t know your age or interests, but Norman Rockwell is EXTREMELY famous and well known, as famous and well known as Andy Warhol, just not as critically acclaimed. So that you should hear Rockwell’s name mentioned or bandied about on television or elsewhere in the media is not at all surprising.

Do you even Elizabeth? Nothing that she does is accidental, especially not lyrically.

"Lana Del Rey: It was weird how that actual title came to me. I was riffing over a couple of chords that Jack [Antonoff] was playing for the title track, which ended up being called “Norman Fucking Rockwell.” It was kind of an exclamation mark: so this is the American dream, right now. This is where we’re at—Norman fucking Rockwell. We’re going to go to Mars, and [Donald] Trump is president, all right. Me and Jack, we just joke around constantly about all the random headlines we might see that week, so it’s a slight cultural reference. But it’s not a cynical thing, really. To me, it’s hopeful, to see everything as a little bit funnier. The chaos of the culture is interesting, and I’m hopeful that there’s room for there to be some movement and excitement within it." https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/02/lana-del-rey-gucci-interview

There is presently nothing more to discuss regarding the Rockwells.

Do you even Elizabeth? Nothing that she does is accidental, especially not lyrically.

"Lana Del Rey: It was weird how that actual title came to me. I was riffing over a couple of chords that Jack [Antonoff] was playing for the title track, which ended up being called “Norman Fucking Rockwell.” It was kind of an exclamation mark: so this is the American dream, right now. This is where we’re at—Norman fucking Rockwell. We’re going to go to Mars, and [Donald] Trump is president, all right. Me and Jack, we just joke around constantly about all the random headlines we might see that week, so it’s a slight cultural reference. But it’s not a cynical thing, really. To me, it’s hopeful, to see everything as a little bit funnier. The chaos of the culture is interesting, and I’m hopeful that there’s room for there to be some movement and excitement within it." https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/02/lana-del-rey-gucci-interview

There is presently nothing more to discuss regarding the Rockwells.

im so tired of her referencing current events in her new music. i want the sad and sexy lana we heard in VB

This was debunked already. Eclipse spoke to a member of the Rockwell family about it. Cute conspiracy though.

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

Me when my only fully functional brain cell makes me think about how the era has started 8 months ago, how she hasn't put anything out in four months and the fact she has been showing nothing but desdain for this album and she might just cancel the whole thing and stop making music for a while

pjckmH6.jpg

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains