Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

LMAO @ the white car sitting in the middle of the road past the lights ... I bet that driver was like, "who's this crazy bitch?!" and slowed down 'cos they didn't trust sis 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

The (3) pre-album singles she's released so far are all truly great - they are among her career highlights. How To Disappear live is hauntingly beautiful, and so is pretty much every snippet she's shared so far. I don't know if Jack deserves any credit for this, but she has really perfected the formula and is playing to her strengths. So many of the tracks she's shared or teased so far are dripping with Lizzy Grant/Video Games vibes, it's just incredible. Lana singing about Jim and cracking beer over stripped down/minimalist production... it doesn't get better than that. it's what she does the best. Whenever she drops this album, it will become her best and most acclaimed work to date. 

So it goes without saying that I'm befuddled by some of the posts that I'm seeing all over the internet, where certain group of ''fans'' are saying that she should scrap this boring, ''acoustic'' shit and re-work the album with Andrew Watt and shit like that. I honestly though that these people have moved on. I mean, it's been how many years since Born To Die? And here we are, in 2019, and they are still at it. They still don't get it. Lana doesn't need radio nor big Billboard entries just like Vampire Weekend doesn't need them. 

I wish these people would just let it go already. If they want overly shallow, nonsensical, cartoonish, hookish pop sold as alternative, go listen to Halsey. Let Lana do her thing. 

Does anyone have that video of Lana hitting those people with her car pls

On topic: I did my daily checking to find out if any news songs have been registered. Nothing yet. Not surpring tbh. :smokeney:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

The (3) pre-album singles she's released so far are all truly great - they are among her career highlights. How To Disappear live is hauntingly beautiful, and so is pretty much every snippet she's shared so far. I don't know if Jack deserves any credit for this, but she has really perfected the formula and is playing to her strengths. So many of the tracks she's shared or teased so far are dripping with Lizzy Grant/Video Games vibes, it's just incredible. Lana singing about Jim and cracking beer over stripped down/minimalist production... it doesn't get better than that. it's what she does the best. Whenever she drops this album, it will become her best and most acclaimed work to date.

So it goes without saying that I'm befuddled by some of the posts that I'm seeing all over the internet, where certain group of ''fans'' are saying that she should scrap this boring, ''acoustic'' shit and re-work the album with Andrew Watt and shit like that. I honestly though that these people have moved on. I mean, it's been how many years since Born To Die? And here we are, in 2019, and they are still at it. They still don't get it. Lana doesn't need radio nor big Billboard entries just like Vampire Weekend doesn't need them.

I wish these people would just let it go already. If they want overly shallow, nonsensical, cartoonish, hookish pop sold as alternative, go listen to Halsey. Let Lana do her thing.

I don’t know who you are but I suddenly stan

Don’t forget to stream AND buy the song, like and comment on YouTube to make the song trend, stream the song from the Spotify playlists, especially New Music Friday. For Apple Music users you need to delete the song from your library if you bought it for your streams to be counted

:nono:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I totally get what you mean. It's hard for me to vibe with Doin' Time on an emotional level because the lyrics are not hers and don't really have any meaning to me.

I don't think it's because the lyrics aren't hers. I loved her version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. The Other Woman? Haunting, mesmerizing. And her cover of Goodbye Kiss was a million times better than the original. It sounds a lot more meaningful and emotional from her, Kasabian's version just sucks lol. She definitely made that song hers. Doin' Time, on the other hand...her version's flat as fuck. Not bad, just...unnecessary. It didn't have to exist, and yet it's there.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Press Release from today:

Today, Lana Del Rey released a cover of Sublime’s “Doin’ Time”. The song was produced by Andrew Watt and Happy Perez and will be featured in the upcoming documentary “Sublime” that outlines the history of the iconic California band.

Listen to “Doin’ Time” HERE

“Not a day goes by that I don’t listen to at least one Sublime song. They epitomized the SoCal vibe and made a genre and sound totally their own.” - Lana Del Rey

“We are so excited to be collaborating with Lana on this. The smoky, sexy, and iconic sound of her voice breathes new life into one of our favorite singles.” - Bud Gaugh of Sublime

“Lana’s cover of “Doin’ Time” is magical and haunting. What an honor to have her talent compliment the Sublime legacy.” - Troy Dendekker (Bradley Nowell’s Widow)

The documentary, produced by two-time Oscar winner Bill Guttentag (Twin Towers, You Don’t Have to Die), premiered this past April during New York’s Tribeca Film Festival.  The track is available now to stream and download on all partners via  Polydor/Interscope/Universal Music Canada, the country’s leading music company.

Most recently, Lana released “Mariners Apartment Complex”, “Venice Bitch”, and “hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it” to widespread praise.

Follow Lana Del Rey:

Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

I don't think it's because the lyrics aren't hers. I loved her version of Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood. The Other Woman? Haunting, mesmerizing. And her cover of Goodbye Kiss was a million times better than the original. It sounds a lot more meaningful and emotional from her, Kasabian's version just sucks lol. She definitely made that song hers. Doin' Time, on the other hand...her version's flat as fuck. Not bad, just...unnecessary. It didn't have to exist, and yet it's there.

Yes, but those are songs that have lyrics that generally fit the themes of her original music e.g loneliness, relationship breakdown. Doin' Time is lyrically outside of her regular themes and literally references people that have nothing to do with Lana or her life.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I love it so much, however I do agree that it's simply not on the level of her current music, especially considering it has nothing to do with the Lana Del Rey universe.

Regarding the genre, it's a trip hop song with elements of pop because of the structure. Very 90s production.

I'm listening to West Coast and I can't believe y'all dare to compare Doin' Time to this :defeated:

me watching people finally realise doin' time is good, but still won't be entering our lana top 10 finest killer material  :lolliney:

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live