Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Wait, I thought Lana only played guitar? The only time I've seen her play on a piano was during that concert where she pressed one key. :smokes3:

I remember an interview from like 2 years ago around LFL time where she said her dad tried to teach her piano and her uncle tried to teach her guitar but she had no talent lol

Wait, I thought Lana only played guitar? The only time I've seen her play on a piano was during that concert where she pressed one key. :smokes3:

It was probably Yayo  :rip:

I get the sense she can play really basic shit on piano and guitar. Like the baseline skill level. Chords and easy finger picked stuff. Maybe she was just plunking really simple piano chords and singing and he just liked the song. Maybe he only said he liked it because he thought she was cute and wanted to get it on.

In any case maybe if we comment something about her dates with Moby on insta we can get her to talk about NFR. (Just kidding that’d be rude and fruitless)

lana should release her new album, it's what i want her to do and what my therapist wants her to do

DEAD

ugh no, one piano ballad per album thanks and make that one piano ballad mean something

That's exactly the reason why we need to defeat this demon called Norman Fucking Rockwell

1128214.gif

lana should release her new album, it's what i want her to do and what my therapist wants her to do

Lana is my therapist and she doesn't want to  :icant:

I'm pretty sure this is what all of our therapists want her to do

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I genuinely think some people are overreacting about the "drought". Lana already dropped many songs (some of them already on her top best) and snippets like Mariner's Appartment Complex, Venice Bitch, Happiness Is a Butterfly and more, performed a new "country song" and How To Disappear. Now a cover. All in a short amount of time. It's like people are never fully satisfied. It's the Honeymoon era where NOTHING literally happened. And remember when she started to be more active on social media during the Lust For Life era and people thought it was weird and "out of character"?

I guess the thing that produces discontentment is the lack of big productions. I'm sure if she released a nice video for Venice Bitch and promoted it properly, her fans would be way happier than with just a bunch of loose songs. It's the "unofficialness" of it all that doesn't result in any sort of excitement. But it would be unfair to say there has been a lack of content coming from her.

Well since she's been composing and co-producing all her songs for the past 4/5 years, I think she definitely learned the basics on the piano. I bet she asked Rick to teach her.

I genuinely think some people are overreacting about the "drought". Lana already dropped many songs (some of them already on her top best) and snippets like Mariner's Appartment Complex, Venice Bitch, Happiness Is a Butterfly and more, performed a new "country song" and How To Disappear. Now a cover. All in a short amount of time. It's like people are never fully satisfied. It's the Honeymoon era where NOTHING literally happened. And remember when she started to be more active on social media during the Lust For Life era and people thought it was weird and "out of character"?

I guess the thing that produces discontentment is the lack of big productions. I'm sure if she released a nice video for Venice Bitch and promoted it properly, her fans would be way happier than with just a bunch of loose songs. It's the "unofficialness" of it all that doesn't result in any sort of excitement. But it would be unfair to say there has been a lack of content coming from her.

I like to listen to albums in full especially ones with a vibe like Lana's past ones before LFL and it seems like this is going to be more like them but by the time we get it we'll probably know too may of the songs that it won't be as exciting as it could have been if it came out 2/3 months ago.

Like if it had 13 songs and we only ever heard VB and MAC and maybe snippets of one song like Cinnamon, then we would have 10 fully new songs and the excitement to hear the full Cinnamon but we know VB, MAC, HIAFFJFJFGHL and HTD, HIAB, Cinnamon maybe even another one probably half the album.