Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I can’t believe we have gotten to the point of consulting a YouTube psychic.

I ain’t opposed tho....

I have to laugh..... but yes I will be supporting this idea

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass

He streams for like four hours at a time on twitch so maybe he already said something lol

Here you go y’all, six months ago lmao speculate!

holy fuck i'm a few minutes in and this seems good 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

He streams for like four hours at a time on twitch so maybe he already said something lol

Definitely accurate in part

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

i'd say some of that was definitely research as a fan and a tad obvious for example we know mary is obviously an influence cos she dressed like her in the tropico film but ooooh the 'feminine issues' health stuff, the future partner and delays with a release. tad spooky in parts

dont look to lana for insightful feminist and progressive statements or anything intellectual basically. she is probably an airhead but her persona was amazing, drew me in, lyrics were popping, she’s a true artist

Don’t come for me. Maybe she’s really intelligent but who knows?

dont look to lana for insightful feminist and progressive statements or anything intellectual basically. she is probably an airhead but her persona was amazing, drew me in, lyrics were popping, she’s a true artist

Didn’t she have a college degree in philosophy? I don’t think she’s an airhead

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Didn’t she have a college degree in philosophy? I don’t think she’s an airhead

yeah, i wouldn't agree she's an airhead as such. i'd just say she's a creative and politics is largely more about theory and not about idealism. i make NO excuses for her whatsoever cos i don't believe she doesn't have a general awareness she's just ignoring, however it's not uncommon for creatives to have this "everything is about love" "it will be ok" "let's all respect each other" "we'll find a way" viewpoint that's unhelpful and unnecessary imo 

it's sort of like john lennon singing about no possessions whilst on a baby grand piano worth thousands of dollars

I'm psychic af we're gonna get church pap pics in a few hours.

at least something to keep this thread going. Imagine if she's not even gonna do that anymore just to spite us. 

at least something to keep this thread going. Imagine if she's not even gonna do that anymore just to spite us. 

Oho, she'll be there in a really tragic outfit

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

holy shit. not him saying she's holding onto the past then months later she tweeted from her old account "and still loving u after all these years". i dont believe this stuff too often but thats very interesting

I think she is highly intelligent as well as talented; her lyrics reflect both. I would never mistake her for anything but intelligent. But it depends how she applies it. She’s not necessarily overwhelmingly interested in politics or social causes. Like many artists and introverts, she’s probably fairly self-interested. She’s still young, still building her life.

Joni Mitchell once wrote, “there’s a wide wide world of social causes and lovely landscapes to discover, but all I really want to do right now is find another lover.” I bet LDR feels that way sometimes too. We all want relief, relaxation, escape. And romance is the greatest escape of all.

don't pretend you don't know all-pervasive male domination characterizes our societies and can be found in the type of submissiveness she shows in her songs more than in others. Such submissiveness is not a human constant, it's part of the culture and more precisely part of that vintage subculture she used in 2010. And I'm not saying Live or Die isn't good but once again, it can't be used for debunking her submissiveness

It’s not a matter of pretending. Yes, has Western society been dominated by men during the last 2,000 years? Yes. Who built the contemporary, ‘modern’ world most of us live in, benefit from and enjoy, and which has spread across the globe? Western European men primarily, with the direct help and support of women and people from other cultures. In 1870 and even significantly later, men in parts of America were still fighting bears and mountain lions to protect their wives, female family members and children. The idea of male oppression at every turn is not one I buy into.

damn i cant believe i wasnt here for political commentary day.. are you seriously defending the righteousness and inevitability of a culture built by wealthy white western men on the backs of all the people they enslaved/employed to spread rampant materialism and resulting wildly unsustainable industrialism at a rapid and exponentially increasing pace until the entire world is finally mapped out, developed, stripped of all indigenous people or rights of nature, and turned into plastic bullshit to get thrown away in the trash can outside cha cha matcha?? are you ignoring the fact that modern gender roles are, in fact, a product of this same society, and that many indigenous tribes across the globe PRE-colonization were often matriarchal, women ran shit and owned shit, and what would now be seen as LGBT people were also honored and respected??  and just saying "uh excuse me, white men built computers so you can complain about NFR on Lanaboards, show some appreciation" is bullshit bc MILLIONS OF DEAD AND LIVING INDIGENOUS PEOPLE AND WORKERS AND POOR FOLK didnt ask for any of this, much less see it as the way things ought to be... and so much of this is built on pervasive male supremacy and the conditioned preference for western white male wendigo ideals.  just because you arent noticing it doesnt mean its not going on. how dare you.

and ill see myself out, #freeNFR