Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

So girls do we think Doin’ Time was the lead single lololol

Venice Bitch was the lead. Lana said that.

giphy.gif

Omg she is SERVING it!! The cover is brilliant, i’m actually glad she broke the trend tbh? The cover is just so ‘American Kitsch’ which is exactly what I associate with the art of Norman Rockwell, and it totally matches the sound of the album so far!

SCREAMING about Best American Record finally getting released, I wonder if she’ll have changed it up at all?

Anyway, LOVE the aesthetic, absolutely excited for this album, bring on these two videos - for real, i’m SO here for this new aesthetic?

Lana always serves satisfying aesthetics, I don’t know why I was worried previously, I trust her to be unique and true to herself and her vision!

Okay this. This woman knows (and cites) Slim Aarons, is always talking about aesthetics and sonic this blah blah. Like SHE KNOWS her art and American cultural history, so I trust her vision with this body of work. In my book, this will probably be her next Ultraviolence (HER BEST), because it seems she has a clear idea of what she wants to say to about the female/femme gaze and men's place within it. HM and LFL weren't as clear, philosophically, to me.

OMG!

So I was rolling in bed with an Italian boy for the past 2 hours and THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!

The next best american record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG

This is better than his big cock!

hahaha

Can not wait for the album!

3 days after my birthday

I will be in Milano, Italy on 30th of august!

OMG

Is it really, though? It's good, but better than that?

Do we think this is the cover her manager didn’t like? Or is this second option?

I think it’s the second option since she re-started wearing nail polish these last few months. She had bare nails up until May/June

I pretend I’m not hurt and go about the world like I’m having fun

i think this cover is the second option. she said she was too lazy to do and i feel like this cover is so different for lana that it would make her say shes too lazy to do it.

OMG!

So I was rolling in bed with an Italian boy for the past 2 hours and THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!

The next best american record!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG

This is better than his big cock!

hahaha

Can not wait for the album!

3 days after my birthday

I will be in Milano, Italy on 30th of august!

OMG

I will be in Italy too!!” But in Rimini

Still fucking iconic