Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I actually lowkey don't want anything else to come out before the album drops and hope that it's just pre-order and nothing else tomorrow. We already seem to have heard more than we should have

Does anyone remember how long it took for the Honeymoon UO exclusive vinyl to be put up? I wanna pre-order the vinyl tomorrow, but I can’t afford to pre-order two copies. Lol.

8V7Yvel.png

I think the album will be available for pre order on the first week of august or the last week of july :(

in the meantime, leak venice bitch instrumental + acapella

im psychic  :hooker:

"Some days are for falling in love with people, some days for cities, and some for your time in solitude."

Some stans, they want the same thing over and over. Same car, same outfit. She’s done 4 albums with cars time to move on. It’s boats now!

I don’t care about cars or anything else, only that it’s aesthetically pleasing and photography worthy of an artist of her caliber. And for me, this album art isn’t, just as LFL’s was not.

can someone break down the cover for me? i mean, who is this actor duke nicholson, why is he in the picture? can you remember when she was in this outfil (+ yellow nails)? Is the burning land a reference to the fire in california last (?) year? Is the painted sky a reference to rockwell? do you think something besides the background was photoshopped (bc the light on Lana's face is pretty much different than the other objects)? sorry if u already discussed this i literally missed 50+ pages in these 2 hours i guess

he's the grandson of jack nicholson, who was a significant figure in the hollywood counterculture of the 60/70s; why she picked him specifically is anyone's guess.

pretty sure the burning land represents the california fires, yeah. she posted a lot about them when the last crisis was ongoing, so maybe she was affected/inspired by them. not the first time they inspire LA writers/artists.

idk if the sky is a direct reference to rockwell or just to painting in general, bc it's not in rockwell's painting style at all. she mentioned painting a while ago so maybe she painted it herself? lol idk.

i don't think the photo itself was photoshopped; imo the different light in lana's face is intentional and maybe done in post-prod to highlight her from the rest of the (p busy) cover.

I love this one! Who made it?

I'm not sure, @normanrockwhale posted it on twitter, said it was the urban outfitters version? 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: