Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I’m so jealous of you Americans getting all those versions of the record :( I’m Brazilian and I can’t get nothing but the CD here, I’ve always wanted so bad a LDR vinyl but it costs like 200+ here so I can’t, I just wish I was american

Say whatever you want gays but I just fucking love this mv, the asthetic plus the explosion at the end + her walking like a badass towards the camera in the final scene is great

original.gif

I’m so jealous of you Americans getting all those versions of the record :( I’m Brazilian and I can’t get nothing but the CD here, I’ve always wanted so bad a LDR vinyl but it costs like 200+ here so I can’t, I just wish I was american

Did you check out reshipper?

Say whatever you want gays but I just fucking love this mv, the asthetic plus the explosion at the end + her walking like a badass towards the camera in the final scene is great

one of her best

My friend sent me this piece he saw on a facebook group today comparing the NFR cover to Kate Bush's The Dreaming, and it's a very interesting read. For anyone interested I tried to translate it from my native language so sorry if there's any mistakes in this  :deadbanana:

fPMBnlP.jpg L3U9jRP.jpg

When Lana announced the concept for NFR I always imagined a cover inspired by Kate Bush's The Dreaming: her with a man, a blasé look in her eyes, a certain despise and the new wave aesthetic. Gladly, she didn't disappoint me.

On The Dreaming, Kate Bush is seen alongside Houdini, but she's thinking about something else (or someone else). His talents and his genius mind simply don't have any value for her.

Norman Fucking Rockwell shows Lana holding onto this man (probably Norman or at least an artist like Norman), but reaching for us. It's like she's tired of him, only waiting for someone to take her hand and pull her out of there. The disdain is there, and the way they worked it on the cover is amazing. Both women are genius of their own, and are posing alongside these other genius men they're tired of. It's an amazing concept.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Another brazilian, heeeey sis.

Yeah the vinyls are kinda expensive, but I must say they worth every penny you'll spend. I have them, except for LFL and NFR, and they're GORGEOUS (Honeymoon's my favorite, the design of it is simply beautiful plus you get the gigantic booklet and sleeves with different pictures from Lana).

I was willing to buy a boxset for NFR, but we won't get one  :crying5: So i'm looking to buy the previous ones, at least HM and LFL for now as they're cheaper than BTD and UV (these ones are expensive as hell)

original.gif

We got a green vinyl, a lime one, a blue one, a light blue one, a pink one, everybody should be happy at this point

wait what? green and lime? blue and light blue? fill me in I must be missing something...

I know of Lime green of shoplanadelrey

blue on rough trade / HMV

pink on UO

H0bDaqU.gif

The more I look at the UO cover the more I like it, even the typography doesn't look that bad now  :creep:

But the quality looks awful, its like they took a screenshot from a video and decided to use it as the cover.

Another brazilian, heeeey sis.

Yeah the vinyls are kinda expensive, but I must say they worth every penny you'll spend. I have them, except for LFL and NFR, and they're GORGEOUS (Honeymoon's my favorite, the design of it is simply beautiful plus you get the gigantic booklet and sleeves with different pictures from Lana).

I was willing to buy a boxset for NFR, but we won't get one :crying5: So i'm looking to buy the previous ones, at least HM and LFL for now as they're cheaper than BTD and UV (these ones are expensive as hell)

Hi!! Where did you buy them? From the oficial US store or something like mercado livre?

so crazy to think we have a double MV on the way, more singles, potentially 2-3 more music videos, and lets not forget a video for the Charlie’s Angels song eventually too

Godddddd we really are getting F E D

We should appreciate this feast because once the NFR tour is over the good sis will probably fucking disappear and take a break from music and we'll only get a new album in 2023 or sum  :toofunny:

Hi!! Where did you buy them? From the oficial US store or something like mercado livre?

Heeeey.

Soo, my BTD Deluxe and Honeymoon I bought from Mercado Livre, Paradise and Ultraviolence (standard) from a store called Gringos Records (it's right beside Galeria do Rock, I guess the mall where it is located it's the Galeria do Reggae)

original.gif

Today I just realized how much I LOVE Coachella (especially the bridge, I fucking love the bridge and hear it on repeat).

Don't know how I could criticize it when it was first released

original.gif

wait what? green and lime? blue and light blue? fill me in I must be missing something...

I know of Lime green of shoplanadelrey

blue on rough trade / HMV

pink on UO

I probably dreamed of another green than lime, sorry, but the light transparent blue is on fnac.com

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~