Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Lana cover Hallelujah in the style of Jeff Buckley's version challenge 

Also Gold Dust Woman by Fleetwood Mac 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Since everyone's talking bout their cover fantasies in an NFR thread, I'm just going to say what we're all thinking: Lana needs to cover She Wolf by Shakira. Do that challenge!

Just thinking about it gave me a seizure in a good way, now I need this.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

lana's appearance has to be "approved"? I have to laugh, I have to laugh. no is saying you have to "like" her appearance either, but why comment is if its something negative? picking apart a woman's face/hair/outfit/body when she doesn't live up to your expectations is weird, why does it bother you so much? we all know a comment on a man's appearance is very different and less vicious than a comment on a woman - don't be naive, acknowledge the double standard, don't dismiss it because it makes you uncomfortable. you are further proving my point that a woman has to look a certain way in order to be respected. JB has nothing to do with this discussion. we are talking about fans of LDR weirding chastising her because of her appearance.

also... um, I find it odd that you can't distinguish the difference between criticizing someone's looks and criticizing someone's art - there is literally no correlation. I don't love everything Lana does, and I don't love all of her music, but I don't care how she decides to present herself because that doesn't affect her music, and I don't have a weird obsession with her looks.

You clearly didn’t read the entire discussion,because it was not me who made the criticism about her hair, which was very mild. I never said her appearance needs to be “approved” or “improved.” You’ve got posters and their messages mixed up, but you still feel righteous enough to condemn.

There IS a correlation between her physical being and her music when members here routinely say, “you cannot comment AT ALL on her appearance at any time!” and “if you don’t like all her songs on ________, you’re a ____________.” In other woods, NOTHING about LDR can be fairly criticized or even slightly negatively commented upon, not her clothing, her collaborators, her choices, her album covers, her boyfriends, her venue choices, her lyrics, her hair, etc., because LDR is a cult figure to many of you, rather than a fallible human being, like all the rest of us, that she is to me.

You clearly didn’t read the entire discussion,because it was not me who made the criticism about her hair, which was very mild. I never said her appearance needs to be “approved” or “improved.” You’ve got posters and their messages mixed up, but you still feel righteous enough to condemn.

There IS a correlation between her physical being and her music when members here routinely say, “you cannot comment AT ALL on her appearance at any time!” and “if you don’t like all her songs on ________, you’re a ____________.” In other woods, NOTHING about LDR can be fairly criticized or even slightly negatively commented upon, not her clothing, her collaborators, her choices, her album covers, her boyfriends, her venue choices, her lyrics, her hair, etc., because LDR is a cult figure to many of you, rather than a fallible human being, like all the rest of us, that she is to me.

cult figures > fallible human beings.

giphy.gif

She's not allowed to be a  cult leader until she fixes them damn ears. Then she'll be infallible.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

giphy.gif

Since everyone's talking bout their cover fantasies in an NFR thread, I'm just going to say what we're all thinking: Lana needs to cover She Wolf by Shakira. Do that challenge!

Would love to see her cover some of these songs:

Lonesome Town - Ricky Nelson

Little Girl Blue, Misery N', One Night Stand, Work Me Lord, Trust Me - Janis Joplin

We Belong Together - Ritchie Vallens

Atmosphere, The Eternal, Decades - Joy Division

I Will Never Marry, Ouija Board, Everyday Is Like Sunday - Morrissey

William It Was Really Nothing, What Difference Does It Make, How Soon Is Now, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, Accept Yourself, There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths

New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down - LCD Soundsystem

Words - F.R. David

Total Eclipse of the Heart, It's a Heartache - Bonnie Tyler

Making Love Out of Nothing at All - Air Supply

Love Hurts - Nazareth

If You Leave Me Now - Chicago

original.gif

Would love to see her cover some of these songs:

Lonesome Town - Ricky Nelson

Little Girl Blue, Misery N', One Night Stand, Work Me Lord, Trust Me - Janis Joplin

We Belong Together - Ritchie Vallens

Atmosphere, The Eternal, Decades - Joy Division

I Will Never Marry, Ouija Board, Everyday Is Like Sunday - Morrissey

William It Was Really Nothing, What Difference Does It Make, How Soon Is Now, Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now, Accept Yourself, There Is a Light That Never Goes Out - The Smiths

New York, I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down - LCD Soundsystem

Words - F.R. David

Total Eclipse of the Heart, It's a Heartache - Bonnie Tyler

Making Love Out of Nothing at All - Air Supply

Love Hurts - Nazareth

If You Leave Me Now - Chicago

Here for it omg

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven