Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I've finally had time to collect my emotions and have managed get my heart rate at a normal pace after this leakage so I'm just gonna throw my feelings about each song 

NFR: Surprisingly, I like it very much. It's a nice piano ballad, and I like how it picks up and Lana's voice gets stronger

FIILY: Very sweet and melancholic, I'm intrigued about how it will progress 

Love Song: BITCH FUCKED ME UP. It's so sweet and beautiful, I had to buy a new wig :wowcry:

Cinnamon Girl: Literally no words. My goosebumps won't go away. Amazing. Magical. Exquisite. Godly. Legendaric. Iconic. Magnetic. :omg: :omg: :omg::trisha: :trisha: :trisha:

HTD: Worst of all the snippets. The live version is nice, but this production is...very choppy. The beats sound cheap.

California: This one is very cute. Not too crazy about the melody BUT it's nice.

BAR: Meh, we've heard it all before. Sounds the same but with different lyrics. Not much to rave about.

The Greatest: Literally fucking incredible. It has a nice southern twang to it, it's so SO good :crai:

Bartender: The melody is beautiful. Funnily enough I thought The Greatest is what Bartender would have sounded like, but I'm not mad :P

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

seriously what are we supposed to do until the 30th now.. now that we know the album is that good.. i genuinely can't survive  :defeated:

Surely we get another single before the album..... right???

FzytWEW.png

A physical release of Looking for America and the song she wrote for those kids in the hospital, I think it's called Starry Eyed? Split the profits between the hospital and something related to gun violence. 

locals only

I had big concerns about Doin' Time being on NFR and the cohesiveness of it... But now, it makes sense. 

same, the FIILY-Doin' Time-Love Song-Cinnamon Girl section of the album is gonna be all iconic driving bops

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Cinnamon Girl is really gonna end me, I can feel it. With three snippets, we've only heard 2:30 minutes of it and it's a FIVE minute song whew bitch I ain't ready 

I'm gonna add Looking for America as the closer to NFR. It's just so pure.

Honestly, this part of the NFR era is what LFL was aiming to be, in all the right dosages: BAR, acoustic, witchy song, peace-oriented song, and the rawness of the emotions. 

Cinnamon has this very muted long guitar sound, and then you hear like this flute-y string sound fuck I'm-

so have we discussed that Eclipse was lying about having the album because he just wrote down the lyrics from the snippets

He never said he had the album.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~