Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Btw I'm also really happy about the fact that there are no collabs on this album.

Idk how to explain, but I already have a much better feeling about this album knowing that I can expect 100% Lana

Late but oh well

Those sounded absolutely gorgeous especially The Greatest, Love Song and Cinnamon like damn I almost cried when I heard them

If the 30th can't get here any faster-

I DON'T LIKE LANA ANYMORE

tumblr_mjladggtVx1rdgz31o1_400.gif

PLS DELETE MY ACCOUNT

Fuck it I Love You and Cinnamon Girl are my favorites based on the clips, I haven't pre-ordered the explicit cover CD yet but I did get my tax returns today...

Fuck it I Love You and Cinnamon Girl are my favorites based on the clips, I haven't pre-ordered the explicit cover CD yet but I did get my tax returns today...

wanna buy me the UO version?

giphy.gif

The Cinnamon Girl snippet seems to be the first chorus, I can hear a sort of build up. The bass drop will probably be in the second chorus

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

What are yall's holy trinity of the new snippets?

Mine is

Cinnamon Girl

Love Song

The Greatest

Cinnamon Girl, Love song, the title track

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

I’m not disappointed with a single one! The never grew attached to the BAR so I can’t relate to caring about the changes lyrics. HTD sounds cute af.

If I had to say I was not as into one as I want to be I’d say Love Song does not go in the immediate direction I want it to but that means nothing because I have now only heard like 10 extra seconds of it. It could still and probably will still be pretty amazing.

The greatest sounds absurdly good. Bartender sounds sweet. Fuck it I love you sounds so Lizzy.

Those new BAR lyrics are god awful

I hope she only changed the last chorus or something

The worst part is that it seems to totally change the nature of TNBAR—from a heavy indictment of BJON on the original to something resembling another love song.

Mine is

Cinnamon Girl

Love Song

The Greatest 

Love Song

The Next Best American Record

How to Disappear

giphy.gif

Mine is

Cinnamon Girl

Love Song

The Greatest

I love all of them, so hard!

If I had to pick now I’d say...

California

The Greatest

FILY

Cinnamon Girl is still such a vibe though!

Holy shit, I'm sorry to keep bitching about BAR but did Rick and other producers LISTEN to the track?? The echo of the non-existent "fame" is so bad?!? I'm really hoping that 'you did it all for fame' returns for one of the choruses but considering the song structure I find that unlikely . . . eeeek. 

I know it's super early, but I'm a little sceptical about the production now. For example on Love Song when it transitions from ". . . burning through you." to the "Aaah" you can hear it is another take since her vocals are suddenly louder.

The same for the utterly dreadful level adjustments on How to Disappear but I am hoping it makes more sense when hearing the track in full. 

Hearing the harp strum on the title is lovely and lush. Cinnamon is fucking fresh too. I wonder if it will age well considering the synths. 

Doin' Time seems to be a really good addition to the flow of the album too.

• NFR
  • Cinnamon Girl
  • Love Song . . . (I guess)

3lfQEhw.png

The Greatest, Venice Bitch, Doin' Time & Bartender are ok at best! Nothing special.

guys i'm having a panic attack what is this

All the roses are red, and Jupiter too 

MY SNIPPETS REVIEW

Norman Fucking Rockwell & Hope is a Dangerous Thing are the worst production on the album; bland & uninspired.

The Greatest, Venice Bitch, Doin' Time & Bartender are ok at best! Nothing special.

I'll give the snippets 6.5/10 stars!

Imagine thinking that  :oprah2:  Can't relate 

Btw I'm also really happy about the fact that there are no collabs on this album.

Idk how to explain, but I already have a much better feeling about this album knowing that I can expect 100% Lana

I liked her collabs on LFL because the other voice brought a new «depth» to songs that might have been a bit meh without them. But with NFR, the melodies and lyrics are strong enough, we don't need another singer on those. 

Hey.

Since this morning I thought that The Greatest chorus reminded me hardly of something. Just realized... Doesn't it sound a lot like "I'm not the only one" by Sam Smith?