Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

To be fair these lyrics have an allusion to the cult classic film Fire Walk With Me which is my favorite movie of all time :hooker:

Honestly every time I listen to Sad Girl and she says "he's got the fire and he walks with it" I get chills and remember how good good of a writer she is. She really gets her references.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

lana : "mmh yeah pink vape in my pocket i facetune us while we're fucking ugh uh uh yeah baby yes"

y'all : this is so genius honeslty her best lyrics you can feel that she poured her heart and soul into it and it definitely tops born to die & uv there's so much meaning to these couple of words as lana invites us in her intimacy there's also definitely something really intriguing about that aspect of her and

I fucked my way up to the top

This is my show

Go, baby, go (Go, go, go, go, go)

This is my show (Go, go, go, go, go)

This is my show

This is my show

Go, baby, go (Go, go, go, go, go)

This is my show (Go, go, go, go, go)

This is my show

Need you baby, like I breathe you, baby

Need you baby, more, more, more, more

Need you baby, like I breathe you, baby

Fuckin' need you baby, more, more, more, more

No one gives a crap if this is satire or not. Bad lyrics are bad lyrics, all across the board.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

wow people criticizing these lyrics just don't get it i think  :crossed:

I really don't, and I wish I did! As I said maybe I don't have the background knowledge to get the VB lyrics, which is fine bc I stil love the song and I enjoy the verses because the production makes them flow really well, but would I be lying if I said that I believe Venice Bitch has strong lyrics compared to others she released? Yes, I would.

I also don't think dissing ultraviolence's lyrics is that productive (we've all heard old money)

but everyone hears a 30 second snippet and assumes they suck without hearing those lyrics in context. You can already tell California, the Greatest, Bartender, Love Song, etc. will have good lyrics. Whether or not you like Hope, amazing lyrics. She's serving female empowerment throughout without sounding gimmicky. The negativity on here is exhausting

I really don't, and I wish I did! As I said maybe I don't have the background knowledge to get the VB lyrics, which is fine bc I stil love the song and I enjoy the verses because the production makes them flow really well, but would I be lying if I said that I believe Venice Bitch has strong lyrics compared to others she released? Yes, I would.

I think with VB in particular, the lyrics contribute to the vibe

I also don't think dissing ultraviolence's lyrics is that productive (we've all heard old money)

but everyone hears a 30 second snippet and assumes they suck without hearing those lyrics in context. You can already tell California, the Greatest, Bartender, Love Song, etc. will have good lyrics. Whether or not you like Hope, amazing lyrics. She's serving female empowerment throughout without sounding gimmicky. The negativity on here is exhausting

It's not productive, but it still proves the same point. Mariners and hope both have great lyrics that are up to par with the better songs on Ultraviolence. It's the fact that people conveniently ignore that repetitive, lazy, crap on that album that people excuse for "emotional effect"

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I think with VB in particular, the lyrics contribute to the vibe

I agree. As @@DCooper said VB is a journey, a trip, so the production/lyrics combo create a complete experience. From this point of view is almost unfair to judge Venice Bitch solely on the lyrics, but I love lyrics they're my favorite part of a song and that's why I'm underwhelmed by them  :deadbanana: but again, I love Venice Bitch, I really do.

Lyrically speaking MAC is my favorite LDR song. Sure it has no real standout lines that can be used in insta captions but it’s simple in the best way and it feels so honest, stripped of all the trappings of glamour.

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

To be fair these lyrics have an allusion to the cult classic film Fire Walk With Me which is my favorite movie of all time :hooker:

EDIT: I think Lana’s lyricisms on her discography have never been too particularly strong. However, the atmosphere she creates within her music blends with her lyrics perfectly and her style of writing is really her own which is one of the many reasons we STAN

Yup, I totally agree with this! I don't hate the songs I posted about at all. Was just trying to point out that judging Lana songs solely based on lyricism is a futile task. She's no Joni Mitchell we're talking about here.

Lyrically speaking MAC is my favorite LDR song. Sure it has no real standout lines that can be used in insta captions but it’s simple in the best way and it feels so honest, stripped of all the trappings of glamour.

I feel the same! It's such a liberating song to listen and sing along to while you're driving as well. 

wait u think this is her last album?

This is the last album I'm here for. I'm just...not a selfless person? I don't do things for free. When I support an artist, I expect a certain amount of consideration, and also effort on their part. It's nice that she cares enough about her fans to sign things and take pictures, but I personally don't appreciate being lied to and led on for months. I'm not going to scream her name until my voice goes out or harass her to sign my Ultraviolence vinyl, but I certainly would have benefited from a simple "sorry guys, focusing on other projects, album won't be out till fall" tweet back in January. The overall lack of effort has been more than pronounced, in every aspect of her art. This is shaping up to be the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.gif

Jokes aside (no, I don't seriously believe they replaced her with a clone) it really feels like the Lana I knew & loved for 5 years is dead and gone. Being a fan of several artists who are actually dead, that's not a deal-breaker for me; these 5 years of A+ quality are not erased from my memory. The person & artist she used to be still is quite important to me. But the person she is now bores and disappoints me. Half the time she's 34 going on 13, and the rest she's 34 going on 50. The few glimpses of the "old Lana" we get every now and then are simply not enough. I'll hold onto the past, but I can't being myself to be half as invested in the present, or the future. She can go and become a mumble rapper for all I care. I have Born To Die, Paradise, UV, Honeymoon, AKA, even Lust For Life and Sirens, not to mention hundreds of unreleased songs to remember her by. I already like some songs from NFR, and chances are I'll like at least a couple more. But the rest just feels flat and generic.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I feel the same! It's such a liberating song to listen and sing along to while you're driving as well.

we gotta spread the word about our lord and savior MAC, it’s so criminally underrated here

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love