Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

Uhhhhh I do not want to touch that post with a ten foot pole   :deadbanana:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Yup, I totally agree with this! I don't hate the songs I posted about at all. Was just trying to point out that judging Lana songs solely based on lyricism is a futile task. She's no Joni Mitchell we're talking about here.

I was hoping someone would read my edit haha

Well you definitely seem to be in the minority here, so just because you don't feel the same way doesn't mean this album won't reach Ultraviolence heights for a lot of people. Let's wait until we hear it all to judge in either direction, but in general there seems to be a lot of positive hype for what we've heard.

Good for y'all, bad for me. I don't see what's complicated about this. I think you're delusional, you think I'm delusional...perfect balance, really.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I can't take the criticisms about her lyrics that seriously considering you all stan:

But you haven't seen my man[/size]

You haven't seen my man[/size]You haven't seen my man[/size]You haven't seen him[/size]

His Bonnie on the side, Bonnie on the side[/size]

Makes me so sad, girlHis money on the side, money on the sideMakes me so sad, girl

I'm a sad girl, I'm a sad girl, I'm a sad girlI'm a sad girl, I'm a bad girl, I'm a bad girl

I'll wait for you, babe, that's all I do, babe

Don't come through, babe, you never do[/size]Because I'm pretty when I cry[/size]I'm pretty when I cry[/size]I'm pretty when I cry[/size]I'm pretty when I cry[/size]

:deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana: 

Sad Girl slander will not be tolerated you twink

Sad Girl slander will not be tolerated you twink

Is this otter erasure? 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

This is the last album I'm here for. I'm just...not a selfless person? I don't do things for free. When I support an artist, I expect a certain amount of consideration, and also effort on their part. It's nice that she cares enough about her fans to sign things and take pictures, but I personally don't appreciate being lied to and led on for months. I'm not going to scream her name until my voice goes out or harass her to sign my Ultraviolence vinyl, but I certainly would have benefited from a simple "sorry guys, focusing on other projects, album won't be out till fall" tweet back in January. The overall lack of effort has been more than pronounced, in every aspect of her art. This is shaping up to be the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.gif

Jokes aside (no, I don't seriously believe they replaced her with a clone) it really feels like the Lana I knew & loved for 5 years is dead and gone. Being a fan of several artists who are actually dead, that's not a deal-breaker for me; these 5 years of A+ quality are not erased from my memory. The person & artist she used to be still is quite important to me. But the person she is now bores and disappoints me. Half the time she's 34 going on 13, and the rest she's 34 going on 50. The few glimpses of the "old Lana" we get every now and then are simply not enough. I'll hold onto the past, but I can't being myself to be half as invested in the present, or the future. She can go and become a mumble rapper for all I care. I have Born To Die, Paradise, UV, Honeymoon, AKA, even Lust For Life and Sirens, not to mention hundreds of unreleased songs to remember her by. I already like some songs from NFR, and chances are I'll like at least a couple more. But the rest just feels flat and generic.

source.giftenor.gif?itemid=4975612

What...part of that seemed angry? I'm literally borderline catatonic and I've already taken a sleeping pill.

You don't have to be angry to have a full blown meltdown. Writing paragraphs about how you feel "lied to" when no release date even came out of her mouth, and the only release dates that were out were only speculated and twisted by her psychotic fanbase who believe everything that they read on the internet, seems a little...on edge to me. I assure you that things will be okay.

I have seen some critics on Lana’s lyrics. She’s extremely descriptive on her songs and poetic. What about young and beautiful, gods and monsters, body electric, old money, get free, born to die, off to the races... she’s a great songwriter and she doesn’t need a team to work on lyrics, she got the brains

You don't have to be angry to have a full blown meltdown. Writing paragraphs about how you feel "lied to" when no release date even came out of her mouth, and the only release dates that were out were only speculated and twisted by her psychotic fanbase who believe everything that they read on the internet, seems a little...on edge to me. I assure you that things will be okay.

Wouldn't be typing if I was having a meltdown. I realize it isn't always easy to understand someone's tone online, but I'm literally just lying in bed chilling, watching a lip swatch video and reading through people's posts here, waiting to see if I'm going to start feeling tired enough to sleep anytime soon. I'm not sobbing hun. And things...are okay? That was what my post was supposed to convey. "Sad" doesn't mean "hysterically inconsolable"; sometimes you just have a hint of a frown on your face. I'm not going to stick my head in the oven because Hope's production isn't to my taste. Just in case you were considering a welfare check.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

This is the last album I'm here for. I'm just...not a selfless person? I don't do things for free. When I support an artist, I expect a certain amount of consideration, and also effort on their part. It's nice that she cares enough about her fans to sign things and take pictures, but I personally don't appreciate being lied to and led on for months. I'm not going to scream her name until my voice goes out or harass her to sign my Ultraviolence vinyl, but I certainly would have benefited from a simple "sorry guys, focusing on other projects, album won't be out till fall" tweet back in January. The overall lack of effort has been more than pronounced, in every aspect of her art. This is shaping up to be the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.gif

Jokes aside (no, I don't seriously believe they replaced her with a clone) it really feels like the Lana I knew & loved for 5 years is dead and gone. Being a fan of several artists who are actually dead, that's not a deal-breaker for me; these 5 years of A+ quality are not erased from my memory. The person & artist she used to be still is quite important to me. But the person she is now bores and disappoints me. Half the time she's 34 going on 13, and the rest she's 34 going on 50. The few glimpses of the "old Lana" we get every now and then are simply not enough. I'll hold onto the past, but I can't being myself to be half as invested in the present, or the future. She can go and become a mumble rapper for all I care. I have Born To Die, Paradise, UV, Honeymoon, AKA, even Lust For Life and Sirens, not to mention hundreds of unreleased songs to remember her by. I already like some songs from NFR, and chances are I'll like at least a couple more. But the rest just feels flat and generic.

this is exactly how I feel. every time you post something i can immediately identify with it. 

Wouldn't be typing if I was having a meltdown. I realize it isn't always easy to understand someone's tone online, but I'm literally just lying in bed chilling, watching a lip swatch video and reading through people's posts here, waiting to see if I'm going to start feeling tired enough to sleep anytime soon. I'm not sobbing hun. And things...are okay? That was what my post was supposed to convey. "Sad" doesn't mean "hysterically inconsolable"; sometimes you just have a hint of a frown on your face. I'm not going to stick my head in the oven because Hope's production isn't to my taste. Just in case you were considering a welfare check.

everything you say, gosh, i just wanna tattoo it on my neck

869-DEC9-E-0-FB4-4-EAF-82-CA-790-EF45189

seems like taylor_secman is back to twitter.

It’s a Turkish account? Can you remind me who they are again? I remember the name but can’t remember who they are/what they’re about or what they do

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

And plus, she changed a lot musically and lyrically. She used to sing about her days like a normal and random girl before she was famous. She sang and wrote about her past and about what it would be like when she got famous (all about Hollywood glamour) but now she’s a star! She knows how Hollywood and the industry works- so, there isn’t that glamour or dream anymore- she’s living what she wanted to experience when she was younger. That is why her lyrics aren’t like before. And that’s okay, thats what I expect from an artist. She will never make a new born to die or ultraviolence or whatever people want because the old days are gone.