Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

What exactly are you doing to be socially and politically active, pincurlsandpearls, from LanaBoards? 

What I'm doing is definitely using the name 'pincurlsandpearls from Lanaboards' in real life :flop:  something I'm not doing, however, is throwing around words like fascism and totalitarianism like someone else is doing on this thread lol. Weird way to try to come for someone but go off, I suppose.

locals only

Agreed. Also, ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum isn't being "politically active." Political activism requires actual protest. Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, direct, or intervene in social,political, economic, or environmental reform with the desire to make changes in society.

What exactly will ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum do to enact change?

ajdknfkn literally Where did Anyone say talking on this board is activism. You're the only one here trying to equate people's personas on this LDR forum with the work they do in real life. But again, go off if it makes you happy sis.

locals only

Agreed. Also, ranting on a Lana Del Rey forum isn't being "politically active." Political activism requires actual protest. Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, direct, or intervene in social,political, economic, or environmental reform with the desire to make changes in society.

being open to political discourse and sharing ideas on a platform IS political activity and activism along with all those other things. education can actually be a form of changing consciousness. you think everyone is in a position to promote, impede, direct or intervene and that those are appropriate at every given time? 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

I went to school in Dayton and most of my friends live there, and the Oregon district, the place the shooting happened, is a place I spend a lot of time at. So to have an emotional connection to, and to relate with this song.. I don’t think it’s a reach to consider her as being nothing less than genuine and hurt. If you don’t like the message don’t listen, but to me it means a LOT. Especially the proceeds being donated. 

I've stated, repeatedly, that I believe she meant well. Things aren't always simple, or black and white. You can lack a deeper understanding of something yet still have an emotional response to it, still be affected by it, still care. Anyway, I guess I should have highlighted the specific part of your post I was replying to. It was this:

Why Stan if you don’t believe her word 

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Lana's been serving nice covers so far :oprah:

Doin' Time is a flawless fresh bop and SOTW is a scary but funny one

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

something I'm not doing, however, is throwing around words like fascism and totalitarianism like someone else is doing on this thread lol. Weird way to try to come for someone but go off, I suppose.

writing opinions with words... someone else is weird like that  :creep:

being open to political discourse and sharing ideas on a platform IS political activity and activism along with all those other things. education can actually be a form of changing consciousness. you think everyone is in a position to promote, impede, direct or intervene and that those are appropriate at every given time? 

im legit dead lol. Bet you're gonna sleep tight after doing your part for social justice aka lecturing teenagers on a lana del rey forum

Is this supposed to mean something

I guess?

i suggest you read a book immediately cos i'm sorry to tell you, it's not. it's much worse and a lot of it is already happening

Ikr? I could only laugh :toofunny:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I've stated, repeatedly, that I believe she meant well. Things aren't always simple, or black and white. You can lack a deeper understanding of something yet still have an emotional response to it, still be affected by it, still care. Anyway, I guess I should have highlighted the specific part of your post I was replying to. It was this:

She didn’t mean it to be a great political song lol she wrote it in like a day and literally said “I know I’m not a politician and I’m not trying to be so excuse me for having an opinion.” She’s not trying to write the next To Pimp A Butterfly, just a cathartic impulse to get a more emotional, not analytical response.

sgopYhV.gif

im legit dead lol. Bet you're gonna sleep tight after doing your part for social justice aka lecturing teenagers on a lana del rey forum

mate you don't even know what fascism and totalitarianism are and you're throwing them around like you do in order to do the same thing. sit down 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live