Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

This album better get the high and positive critical acclaim it deserves

yrvn2rP.gif

watch the guardian giving it a 6/10

Well many critics rated LFL better than UV and HM and wbk LFL is way messier than those 2. I bet it will get 8-10 from most reviewers  :flutter:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

You did not understand the song in the first place. That is why your "connotations worth discussing" are being made fun of, they are out of place. 

I get the song and I get why she made it and her intentions etc, but amazingly enough I don't see the world, or art, in binary. There are shades of grey and there are things being worth discussed.

locals only

But the real tea is: Lana said she stans BTS so where is the BTS collab? Where are the korean verses? Where is the song about how delicious Jungkook looks? Where's the cover of Singularity? These are the REAL questions.

tenor.gif?itemid=8462566

I like some k-pop but I’m not sure if I’d be really here for a Lana x k-pop collab. :toofunny:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Well many critics rated LFL better than UV and HM and wbk LFL is way messier than those 2. I bet it will get 8-10 from most reviewers  :flutter:

if it doesn't get at least 90/100 on metacritic i'm losing my faith to the world

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I get the song and I get why she made it and her intentions etc, but amazingly enough I don't see the world, or art, in binary. There are shades of grey and there are things being worth discussed.

Amen to that.

Soo, after hearing SOTW I want lana to cover Love Potion No.9, it’s such a perfect song for her jesus

A witchy, psychedelic version of it with jazzy elements. But like, for real, not just in the description.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

With hit singles North Coast, Seoul Girl and Shades of Cheongsaeg yrvn2rP.gif

:toofunny:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

if people could read people's posts properly and stop viewing every opinion as a dichotomy of all or nothing it would really help things not becoming a long ass, tedious discussion on this website cos it happens with pretty much everything. the overreactions to people's reactions are also ridiculous 

There's things I wanna say to you, but I'll just let you live

Y'all hard missed my point. I don't want Lana to be "more woke" - and LFA didn't spark my criticism. Lana's been showing her ass re: shallow understanding of political reality since LFL, and it woke me up. I thought BTD was political , I thought it was a satire playing with how even a rich starlet has to face the underbelly of society , but I guess it was never that substantial.

I don't want Lana to address nuanced issues like homeless gays or immigration bc I doubt she has much worthwhile to say about it, and that's fine! I don't want Lana to do anything really. I was sharing my perspective on what LFA and this whole era made me think ab and feel. It shows blind spots in HER perspective on issues, by centering herself and ppl like her. There was a mass shooting targeting Latinx people - race, class, etc etc, is actually a genuinely huge factor in what's going on. It's a massive part of the situation. Lana wants to exist in a fishbowl , whatever. That's my take. It's not glowing compliments from a sycophantic fan, but it's my take. I'm not freaking out about it either. 99% of my posts here are jokes, nonsense, or mild trolling. I was being hyperbolic and sarcastic to point out the hypocrisy in some of Lana's most recent lyricism and shite

Criticism actually is an important part of art, just as much as appreciation. I appreciate Lana trying , but I think it falls shallow and flat. And you can look at her words to see obvious blindspots she has regarding issues that affect her at a "cellular level"... That's all I am saying. Believe it or not, my energy ab issues such as this gets directed towards real action outside of Lanaboards. I get on here for fun, not serious political discussion (especially since only like 5 people here can even keep up)

I'm glad she's donating proceeds. Wonder if she's also donating to Churchome.

As a "Latinx" person from El Paso myself, this is ridiculous. The fact that she took the time to make this beautiful song in the middle of all she's been doing this week meant a lot to me. Your profile pic represents u :flop:

if people could read people's posts properly and stop viewing every opinion as a dichotomy of all or nothing it would really help things not becoming a long ass, tedious discussion on this website cos it happens with pretty much everything. the overreactions to people's reactions are also ridiculous 

We could say the same things to you both. Both of you are being extremely self-righteous right now, so it's best that we all just stop overreacting and end the discussion right here. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Lana: releases a song about how America Used To Be Great

Lanaboards users: this has some connotations vaguely worth discussing

Other lanaboards users: wow the sjw stampede literally wants her to solve world hunger! Can you believe this!

As if the peasants can't just eat some goddamn cake!

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Where’s the le**?

with Yosemite