Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

"Cinnamon........in my teeth" is the worst line in NFR* after tourlyfe

*that we know of

It doesn't bother me when all other lines are godly.

"Cinnamon........in my teeth" is the worst line in NFR* after tourlyfe

*that we know of

it's clearly a metaphor for fame. the kiss left her with cinnamon..... in her teef because he's just finished doing the cinnamon challenge for nothing other than stale internet clout, and he's kissing her on camera for the youtube watchers that ship them  :facepalm:  this theme is carried through the whole album- in TNBAR she says 'it was just that good fame fame fame fame fame. Referring of course to the youtube fame fame fame fame. How are you not getting this?

locals only

it's clearly a metaphor for fame. the kiss left her with cinnamon..... in her teef because he's just finished doing the cinnamon challenge for nothing other than stale internet clout, and he's kissing her on camera for the youtube watchers that ship them  :facepalm:  this theme is carried through the whole album- in TNBAR she says 'it was just that good fame fame fame fame fame. Referring of course to the youtube fame fame fame fame. How are you not getting this?

200.gif

Because she knows better than us what aesthetic and overall theme to pursue for the album and how those lyrics fit in. I enjoy a lot of the dry humor and sarcasm she throws into her lyrics even if critics don't always get it. Even her fans miss a lot of the metaphors or humor she inserts. Sometimes, the references are purposefully obscure or personal, but I'd rather that than your generic Sia composition that could be sung by anyone.

Yes! For example I feel like "Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad" might be an inside joke between her and Rob. Like he refers to her like that and they joked about not knowing how to use tablets or something. It feels deeply personal and is almost too specific to put in a song because at first it sounds so strange but eventually it gives the verse such an intimate vibe. I love that line so so so much.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

Yes! For example I feel like "Hello, it's the most famous woman you know on the iPad" might be an inside joke between her and Rob. Like he refers to her like that and they joked about not knowing how to use tablets or something. It feels deeply personal and is almost too specific to put in a song because at first it sounds so strange but eventually it gives the verse such an intimate vibe. I love that line so so so much.

I love HIAD

Didn't she mention one time that she likes putting in little personal references in her songs that we probably won't get but she and the people around her will? This line is def one of those. 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it' is such a gorgeous underappreciated song ugh. That line got trashed but it's honestly one of my favorite lines from the song.

qfrWuBl.png

Didn't she mention one time that she likes putting in little personal references in her songs that we probably won't get but she and the people around her will? This line is def one of those. 'hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have - but i have it' is such a gorgeous underappreciated song ugh. That line got trashed but it's honestly one of my favorite lines from the song.

The Gays™ don't like it bc they can't give a proper blowjob listening to that.

I agree, the harp is amazing and i feel it will be so good and orchestral 

The fact the snippet ends literally when the harp starts playing is homophobic  :toofunny:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

I’m not sure it wasn’t mentioned already but based on the snippets it looks like the song Chuck was playing on her story early 2018 was scrapped. It doesn’t sound like any of the songs.