Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

hi i need help!

so for us that got the digital album off of her website (along w the cd), will we get the download links to the new singles tonight or will we only get it when the full album is out

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Why does everyone in this idiotic fan base get so upset about how things are released ckskkss

You all complained for 11 months about her being nowhere and now she’s about to have released FOUR songs in 10 days with 9 new ones coming in the following 2 weeks along with a 10 minute music video and your mad that it doesn’t “feel right”

Gtfo

Now that I think about that, this would be an amazing music video concept. Such a shame we didn't get the full Terrence Loves You video too

I agree, and Cacciatore’s scenario in his post above would be even better.

Maybe the double music video will be divided in two parts? Like the FIILY segment representing the past, the golden era, which would be the footage of her and the muscle beach baby, very 60's. And the Greatest showing the future in a post apocalyptic dystopian way, with everything destroyed and only Lana still standing? That would be an amazing concept  :toofunny:

YES

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

wow, the greatest sounds even more like a beatles tribute than tomorrow never came.  curious how the whole thing will sound, but it's interesting to hear her do this vibe.

I was reminded of the Beatles as soon as i heard a snippet of it.

I thought Woke Americans say they live in a racist culture and that racism is so insidiously normalized that people don't always realize when they're being racist and everyone has to make an effort to 'unlearn' it all. (and by everyone, they mean everyone else besides themselves because they were literally born immune to it and you're all dirty sinners) And if anyone is gonna be Subconsciously Racist, you bet it's the pretty rich white girl who grew up ignorant of social issues lmao. All your favorites are probluhmahtic, you're gonna have to burn all your shit.

ANYWAY, the song is boring. Why couldn't Cinnamon Girl have dropped. Bring on the bops. Bops unite us all.

hi i need help!

so for us that got the digital album off of her website (along w the cd), will we get the download links to the new singles tonight or will we only get it when the full album is out

i’m guessing nobody knows?

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

Ithey live in a racist culture and that racism is so insidiously normalized that people don't always realize when they're being racist and everyone has to make an effort to 'unlearn' it all. (And if anyone is gonna be Subconsciously Racist, you bet it's the pretty rich white girl who grew up ignorant of social issues lmao. All your favorites are probluhmahtic

this but unironically

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

HIAB does have a stronger and more memorable melody than anything in those 2. The "if he's a serial killer then what's the worst that could happen to a girl who's already hurt" line is far more memorable than anything on The Greatest because it is far more catchy. And the "don't be a jerk don't call me a taxi" part is more hard-hitting and memorable than anything in The Greatest too. Same with Cinnamon, or VB's bridge. Those songs have strong melodies and The Greatest / Hope do not.

I Took A Pill in Ibiza & Gangnam Syle have stronger and more memorable melody and are catchier than anything Lana has ever put out. Going by your criteria, those two songs are better than anything Lana has ever put out.

I thought Woke Americans say they live in a racist culture and that racism is so insidiously normalized that people don't always realize when they're being racist and everyone has to make an effort to 'unlearn' it all. (and by everyone, they mean everyone else besides themselves because they were literally born immune to it and you're all dirty sinners) And if anyone is gonna be Subconsciously Racist, you bet it's the pretty rich white girl who grew up ignorant of social issues lmao. All your favorites are probluhmahtic, you're gonna have to burn all your shit.

ANYWAY, the song is boring. Why couldn't Cinnamon Girl have dropped. Bring on the bops. Bops unite us all.

um i'm sorry you sort of missed the point. people who say that we have to unlearn racist patterns obviously include themselves since you can hardly ever be over this process. and I can't see anything surprising in the fact that privileged categories should tend to keep others unprivileged more than the unprivileged themselves do. plus insidious racism is a social thing, therefore learnt and widespread. nobody's saying people are responsible for being socialized that way, nor that everything they do should be burnt. what you're saying is tragic and you're definitely not helping unite us all

i guess the culture's not that lit for producing such discourse PHEW