Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

I’ve heard The Greatest and I’m just not sure if I wanna save FIILY now that I’ve heard one. I think I’ll try and hold off until next week so I have another track between the album and now. 1 song satisfies me enough especially when it’s the greatest song of them all

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Every other Lana album I have managed to not listen to every promo track/single before the album. Idk what about this one has destroyed all of my will power, but I am not complaining

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Does the fact that Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys drowned in 1983 at 39 play any role?

He also made that depressing album, ‘Pacific Ocean Blue,’ which I don’t care for personally.

omg could u imagine if this is her journey to witchcraft, this album being water/boats/freedom, the next album being air/planes/flying.. (musically could be big, airy and heavy orchestral), then after that she explores mother earth/greenery/forests, (classic folk, may jailor, roots), then after that she delves deep into fire/dark/underworld (screamo, more punk than rock)... then finally once all the elements have gathered, she releases her soul and creates a witchy album, very classic horror, very quirky and moody

a concept!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

does anyone else find it a bit eerie that Lana's been seemingly prophesizing the end of the world with her last couple of albums? WTWWAWBWJKD, the "till it runs red, runs red with blood" line from BPBP, the title of TNC, and Get Free's intro lines (Finally, I'm crossing the threshold...) give me strong Apocalypse teas- oh and how could I forget the "Armageddon" line from White Mustang and the missile from its music video. Oh and Coachella being inspired by North Korea. Now we have the Greatest talking about the mass death of culture and (if the director of the video has any precedence w Love & White Mustang) we possibly will have an apocalyptic video coming soon to match the song. I mean I love Lana and her realism but like, is anyone else finding this a bit morbid? (I guess I should have known with her first album being titled Born to DIE)

tumblr_mg4bvnA8GI1qg6f6do1_500.gif

does anyone else find it a bit eerie that Lana's been seemingly prophesizing the end of the world with her last couple of albums? WTWWAWBWJKD, the "till it runs red, runs red with blood" line from BPBP, the title of TNC, and Get Free's intro lines (Finally, I'm crossing the threshold...) give me strong Apocalypse teas- oh and how could I forget the "Armageddon" line from White Mustang and the missile from its music video. Oh and Coachella being inspired by North Korea. Now we have the Greatest talking about the mass death of culture and (if the director of the video has any precedence w Love & White Mustang) we possibly will have an apocalyptic video coming soon to match the song. I mean I love Lana and her realism but like, is anyone else finding this a bit morbid? (I guess I should have known with her first album being titled Born to DIE)

She's the angel of death wbk

UV/Honeymoon

k but i remember listening to like 3 seconds of TG ages ago and i wasn't too hyped about it, i think it sounded upbeat and like a beatles song but i cant remember... is it sad? i mean does it actually sound sad, other than the lyrics?

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I thought Woke Americans say they live in a racist culture and that racism is so insidiously normalized that people don't always realize when they're being racist and everyone has to make an effort to 'unlearn' it all. (and by everyone, they mean everyone else besides themselves because they were literally born immune to it and you're all dirty sinners) And if anyone is gonna be Subconsciously Racist, you bet it's the pretty rich white girl who grew up ignorant of social issues lmao. All your favorites are probluhmahtic, you're gonna have to burn all your shit.

ANYWAY, the song is boring. Why couldn't Cinnamon Girl have dropped. Bring on the bops. Bops unite us all.

I am begging u guys please don't respond to this nonsense 

You forgot Change... for me thats her most "apocalyptic" song if we can put it that way. And it's clear that everything thats going through with our planet is taking its tool on her, it's a very sad chain of events but at the same time I like when she gets inspired by it because her writing gets very interesting and haunting, but in a good way if there's one.

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

k but i remember listening to like 3 seconds of TG ages ago and i wasn't too hyped about it, i think it sounded upbeat and like a beatles song but i cant remember... is it sad? i mean does it actually sound sad, other than the lyrics?

its as sad as Old Money because shes reminiscing about the past and how everythings gone to shit

sonically its like a folky UV. laid back, loose and carefree vocals

I've always considered Heroin / Change / Get Free some kind of trilogy about the end of the world, and The Greatest it's almost like a song describing the aftermath of the events that happened in that trilogy. I remember Lana saying LFL had a very clear story she wanted to tell, and I feel like NFR really continues to tell the story LFL told: the clear connection between Get Free and some songs, the nautic imagery, The Greatest being about the end of the world etc. I'm really enjoying this concept and the connections between the two  :defeated:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains