Elle

Norman Fucking Rockwell - Pre-Release Thread

who else thinks this will be a sad girl hour album?? i didnt listen to the leaks, btw

ย 

that's how lana described the album months ago actually: deeply introspective sad girl shit (her words lmao)

into your eyesย tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gifย my face remains

Hey everyone! Someone can send me a link to listen the leak please?ย  :)

ย 

mod note: user was warned for this post

ย 

:lmao:

Announce a deluxe edition with Yosemite to get back those sales Lana! Itโ€™s the only way

ย 

If she gonna butcher Yosemite like she did with BAR she can keep itย giphy.gif

Member for 5 mins, reader for 5 months...who's fool enough to be asking for the bloody link?? yeesh. sidenote so is Doin Time the official High by the beach of NFR? Aka a great song that doesn't jive with the rest of the album? (Worship HBTB, came out the last time I was on vacation)

ย 

two very different situations. the label asked her to make a catchier song so she made high by the beach thinking of it in the context of the album. it ABSOLUTELY fits with the sound, theme and concept of honeymoon. doin time, on the other hand, was probably added last minute bc it was a hit and in some way it fit that certain part of the album (a little more catchy tracks, venice - fuck it - doin time - cinnamon)

Does anyone else get Goldfrapp's "Seventh Tree" vibes on the title track? Or is it just me?.

ย 

Unnnngh this comment is killing me.....(I'm not listening to anything til the album's release), I'll have to get back to you on that but you have excited me

I still think it's dope how Lana has a song about "her and her girl" in an album called Norman Fucking Rockwell, even if its just a coverย  :defeated:

I don't understand this, tbh. It transitions so well from FIILY for me because of the surfy, dark Cali vibes and because of the lyrical content.

IDK, FIILY is surfy, but DT is a bit upbeat. IDK, I wasn't listening in order. Maybe that's why it's "weird" for me. :)

imagine saying the The Greatest (song of all time) doesn't stand out lmao

Imagine you understood what I said lmao

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

two very different situations. the label asked her to make a catchier song so she made high by the beach thinking of it in the context of the album. it ABSOLUTELY fits with the sound, theme and concept of honeymoon. doin time, on the other hand, was probably added last minute bc it was a hit and in some way it fit that certain part of the album (a little more catchy tracks, venice - fuck it - doin time - cinnamon)

Totally understand, I think I meant more in the way that Hbtb was some serious radio kibble in design whereas the rest of Honeymoon seemed more personal that didn't scream radio (I protect the hell out of that album,personal favorite)

ย 

I'd have to hear Doin Time in context of the album, and I love it, but I am that jerk who thinks Season of the Witch is better,however I wouldn't say it belongs on NFR

It's hard not to listen to the leaked tracks. I made a compromise. I just listend till the first chorus ends from each track. I can live with it (for now). Can't wait for my 2 vinyl to arriveย  :D

anigif_enhanced-buzz-3260-1375807715-35.

Ed answered my mail and asked for the links. He lowkey sounds bitchy after I called him "incompetent for years now"

this made me laugh. hes just now asking for where the links are. shouldnt they have been on this hours ago sir

It's hard not to listen to the leaked tracks. I made a compromise. I just listend till the first chorus ends from each track. I can live with it (for now). Can't wait for my 2 vinyl to arriveย  :D

ย 

how and why do you guys do this ldnflka

Ed answered my mail and asked for the links. He lowkey sounds bitchy after I called him "incompetent for years now"

ย 

oh my godย  :lmao: